[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cont'd my black history month ...thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3444534/Young-artist-aims-provoke-disgust-joy-confusion-painting-pictures-menstrual-blood-met-racist-sexist-abuse-social-media.html
>>
>>24879
Menstrual blood is the blood of life. Why do they have a problem with it?!
>>
>>24885
You would buy and hang that in your house.
>>
You act as if this is news
>>
Personally I feel that art can be expressed in many forms and the value can be in many factors.

Objectively speaking, there is a sort of "value" with the materials used, since it's not like she can just constantly be in her period every day.

I understand her perspective and how menstruation isn't some taboo thing in our lives.

Now apologists, with THAT BEING SAID, the equal comparison would be like if I shat on a canvas and said that "defacation shouldn't be outlandish." MENSTRUAL BLOOD IS STILL HUMAN WASTE, and people are gonna be grossed the hell out because that's exactly what it is.

I'd be just as grossed out if the Load and Reload albums were recreated on canvases with the same materials.
>>
>>24887
seconded

dailymail a shit
>>
>>24885
Because it's unsanitary and a health code violation.

>Menstrual blood is the blood of life. Why do they have a problem with it?!

Your stupid opinion isn't gonna save you from an STI/STD or some other blight.
>>
>>24902
They attached RAAAAAAAACIIIIIIIISSSSSSSMMMMMMMMMM to it so you know this isn't about STDs.
>>
>>24887
>>24901
Yeah, I saw the trump picture. So I guess that makes you an art/news critic? Please.

>>24904
And this is racist.....HOW?
>>
>>24919
Don't ask me - I just read the URL...
>>
>>24885
And semen is the fluid of life so you should have no problem with me hosing down a canvas with my man chowder then selling it to you. If you don't buy it you're a racist bigot.
>>
>>24987
I'd buy your semen paintings.
>>
Despite the fact that this is ridiculous , and in no way contributory to "empowering" anybody , its not even good art.
It looks like a Windows XP pipe maze screensaver in Period blood red
I would buy a period blood picasso , but not a period blood "buy it because its preiod blood and if you dont want it its not because the art sucks but because youre a racists against chinese" painting
>>
>>24987
I'd paint a trash can and then jizz all over it.

Dat meaning bruh
>>
>>24992
Free microscope with every purchase!
>>
>>24995
/thread
>>
I just created a piece of art! Buy it or you are racist.
>>
>>24899
Still not as bad as st. Anger tho
>>
>>24899
>perfectly fine agenda, trying to make something natural less of a taboo
>Trying to achieve this by doing it in the most disgusting alienating way, creating the exact opposite reaction

As someone who has to live with it, it makes me seriously so mad, that there are people like this, who actually think, they are doing the right thing.
I don't understand what type of fucked up thinking patterns you must have, to be out of touch with reality this hard.
>>
>>24879
>Of all the bodily fluids considered taboo in society, period blood is likely the one with the most stigma attached.

There's no such thing as "period blood." It's just blood. This woman is dull and unimaginative. If she wanted to truly transcend some boundaries, she would have used the blood of an aborted fetus as her medium. Bonus points if it's her own.

>'I want people to feel something when they see my work. It could be disgust, joy, inspired or confused … just as long as they feel something,' she said

Looks like she got what she wanted.
>>
>>24879
nah
>>
It's art you shitlord.
>>
Is anyone else tired of the oh I'm so edgy because I used (menstrual) blood in my art Bullshit?
>>
>>25104
Besides, shit and puke are more taboo
>>
>>25092
second
>>
>>24879
yes, yes.... the art world is fucked.

Also a surprisingly good way of spreading vaginal fungal spores. Doing your bit for the colony, I see.
>>
I don't really care much about the art itself. It the intention was to get people to be confused and disgusted, then it succeeded. If it was supposed to make people question the way they react to menstrual blood, maybe it succeeded for some people, but for others it probably just made them even more disgusted. If there is to be any "objective" measure of art, then I would say that it should be whether it gets its intended message across and engages its audience. This art accomplished the latter, I suppose, but the former is debatable. Either way, I really hope they're keeping it behind glass or something, because nobody should be exposed to that without some protection from the diseases it may spread and the things which will grow on it.
>>
>>25111
yes. it was edgy up until the 60s or so maybe but every hack female artist the last 50 years has done it now.
>>
>>25101
>Fucked up thinking pattern.

Well it could either be another delusional college dingus trying to be special, or a big marketing ploy to gain interest in her as an "artist" through shock value.
>>
>>24997
i'd buy
>>
....And then the health services storm the place - 60's are over, this isn't shocking anymore. If you want to show people your menstrual blood. Read the rules, because sanitary services don't fuck around.
>>
>>24987
>>24997
Now this is art
>>
Wutdafaq?
>>
>>25110
Its as much art as my morning stool.
And at least I worked 10 minutes on it.
>>
Michelangelo is on his back in the Sistine Chapel weeping...
>>
>>25110
>shitlord
What?
>>
>>24899

Anything can be art nowadays.

In fact, this post could be art.

This post is art.
>>
I don't think it should matter if it's menstrual blood or not, blood is blood. the fact that it came out of a uterus doesn't really make it any different than the blood that comes out of my arm. I think if she wanted to make a statement and tie the blood into the piece, she should have gone the route of Castiglia and actually made something worth looking at. This bitch just smeared blood all over a canvas. if it was paint in that same composition, then how would it look?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.