[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vatican: Pope Francis Was Not Singling Out Donald Trump With
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: o rly owl.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
o rly owl.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
Who was he singling out with border wall remarks at Mexico?!?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/pope-francis/vatican-pope-francis-was-not-singling-out-donald-trump-wall-n521871
>>
THE POPE BTFO

VATICAN CITY ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
Trump. He just had to backtrack because the don in unstumpable.
>>
Breaking news!
Not everyone is talking about the USA(ggy balls) all the time
>>
>>24522
>implying

Who are they talking about? Who else wants to build a wall on the southern border of the us?
>>
>>24528
What he is trying to say is not all of us are Americans and don't care about what's happening over there.
>>
>>24486
Israel how based
>>
>media takes things out of context
what a surprise
>>
>>24529
Why would you post in a thread just to say you don't personally care? There are lots of threads here I don't care about. Does he just bounce from thread to thread complaining he is bored?
>>
>>24561
I honestly thought this was a Vatican City/Mexico/USA story rather than just America. We still shouldn't have OP flags, though.
>>
>>24497
Nah, it was just his personal opinion, nothing like official teaching (ex cathedra)
>>
Wouldn't those spics just dig tunnels under it like they always do?
>>
>>24626
There's a shovel deficit in Mexico currently.
>>
>>24628
We will sell them shovels with the guns, fam
>>
>>24582
>Vatican: Pope Francis Was Not Singling Out Donald Trump With 'Wall' Remarks

Thread title in case you misread. I suppose you could claim to be an avid follower of the Pope, but I don't think that's what brought you here.
>>
>>24606
Dang, if only our words became law...
>>
>>24582
>we should have OP flags

No fuck off, pussy
>>
>>24829
lol you missed the "n't"
>>
The ironic thing is that Vatican City is walled.
>>
>>24880

You can't be this stupid. Can you?
>>
>>24941
Not sure if you follow my comment. So time for a history lesson.

Last week, Pope Francis was asked his thoughts on Trump's immigration policy, to which he replied, "A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian. This is not the gospel."

This is an image of the Vatican City wall: http://therealrevo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/60-vatican-city-walls.jpg

It was built following a Muslim raid in 846, in which Saracens sailed up the Tiber River, apparently with the knowledge that the churches on the Vatican hill were filled with valuables, and that they were outside of the city wall of Rome and therefore easy pickings. Following this, Pope Leo decided that walls, not bridges, were in order to keep the Muslims from wrecking his stuff, so the Leonine Walls were built enclosing what is now Vatican City.

This is ironic because, as the absolute monarch of Vatican City, Pope Francis can have them torn down any time he wants. But having a border is a useful thing for a nation, and Pope Francis seems content to make use of past wall building.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.