[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts. ???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 0
Apple CEO Tim Cook challenges the FBI in open letter after 'unprecedented' demand to access iPhone user data - 9news.com.au http://www.9news.com.au/technology/2016/02/17/20/14/apple-ceo-tim-cook-challenges-the-fbi-in-open-letter-after-demand-to-access-iphone-user-data?app=9NewsAlerts&tags=MajorBreaking

Apple CEO Tim Cook challenges the FBI in open letter after 'unprecedented' demand to access iPhone user data - 9news.com.au
Apple CEO Tim Cook challenges the FBI in open letter after 'unprecedented' demand to access iPhone user data - 9news.com.au
>>
Who would want an iPhone anyway
>>
IPhone sales might have had their best January since 2008 February 16 - CNNMoney

Check out this story on CNNMoney:

http://cnnmon.ie/1PCc6Zy

IMG_2595.PNG
>>
FTW
>>
>>23847 # Simple
>>
>>23847
terrorists, apparently
>>
>>23846
If Weev the autist brony stormfag GNAA founder can get into the iCloud then why can't the FBI?
>>
apple the last bastion of free speech
>>
>>23853
Makes sense really.
>>
>>23846
It is obvious Apple values their reputation more than justice to a terrorist.

Apple enables terrorism.
>>
They should not comply with the FBI to create a backdoor in their OS. Principle of data security is more important than petty vengeance against people of a destructive mentality.
>>
Republican frontrunner Donald Trump backs FBI on Apple ruling - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35591988
>>
As an actual real life cryptographer, there as a few things I'd like to share:
-It is impossible to make a backdoor that only government can get through.
-The information on that phone is not getting read by anyone. I've been over Apple's security setup on iOS and it's absurd overkill.
-Installing a backdoor or weakening security is a terrible idea that will cause much greater losses in the long term.

These fascist fucks are making a stink about it because they want absolute control. Don't let their distortions and delusions affect you.
>>
>>23848
Nice image.
>>
>>23929

What can you tell me about my Galaxy S6 by Samsung?
>>
>>23846
>Apple supports terrorism.
>Next, Apple supports pedos too.

Oh lawdy, I guess it's safe to say that all Iphones users are either:
>terrorists
>pedos
>hipsters
>children

Just wait for the Patriot Act to come into the mix
>>
>>23929
I'm going to go out on a limb and imply most of the people praising Apple more than likely never gave a flying fuck about important shit like the TPP, Patriot Act, SOPA/PIPA, etc.

>muh iphone
>muh freedom
>muh vindication for brand loyalty

straight to hell in a hand basket, the whole lot of us because of the weaker segments of society
>>
>>23973
I don't want to still for apple, they have plenty of problems and Steve Jobs is not returning from the grave in 3 years to deliver the glowing rectangle of salvation, but generally speaking Android isn't as good. If you set it up right you can keep casuals out, but defending against a state level adversary with physical access to the device is pretty near to impossible and only Apple has really put in that work. Google is a datamining and mass surveillance company, and they are most of Android. They have a lot more invested in being able to get to your data than Apple does.

>>23982
>I suspect that my mild ad-homenim attack is true, therefore my opponent's ideas are meritless.
You've got us there.
>>
Blah blah blah
>>
>request back doors into phones as part of USA PATRIOT.
>fail
>terrorists use an iphone
>ask apple to make root app
>apple refuses
>force them through the courts
>subpoena the source code
We have a legislative branch. This is an intelligence service (yes they are) doing an end run around the Constitution.
>>
#
>>
>>23982

I don't own a single Apple product and I think Steve Jobs was a massive asshole, and I'm still on Apple's side in this situation.
>>
This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but when someone has committed an atrocious act like the one in San Bernardino, governing agencies should be equipped with the authority to ask for assistance in investigating the case. There is certainly a bigger issue here which begs the question is this process is enabled, all our privacy is subject to intrusion. I believe everyone has the right to privacy, but by committing an act which has left many people dead, such inherent rights are forfeited without question, in the name of justice.
>>
>>24487
& for the record I do believe it should be only done on a case-by-case basis. I am against a default insecure iOS being installed on all iphones.
>>
>>23860
Anticircumvention laws.
Also nsa bypasses anti circumvention a lot but when they do it every ones only just salty about it.
Till they sell the data and the owner flees like with every major non compliant ceo to any government of a first world nation.
>>
>>23896
Except backdoors get created anyways by third parties.
>>23907
It makes sense it would only bring encryption for personal use in more of a bad light if they lost. Plus apples getting exemptions from encryption distribution already.
>>23980
Pedos stick to encryption the same way kids and terrorists do so i wouldn't be surprised.
>>23980
We gonna turn into uk or Australia with apples non compliance.
>>24004
I don't see you proving him wrong though. Just staring the type of argument isn't enough. What are you underage or something this is basic stuff?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.