[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Assange "Arbitrarily Detained," May be allowed to go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: Assange basks in the sun.jpg (10 KB, 220x150) Image search: [Google]
Assange basks in the sun.jpg
10 KB, 220x150
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ecuador-sweden-assange-idUSKCN0VD0C0

>WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's three-and-a-half-year stay in the Ecuadorian embassy in London to avoid rape investigation in Sweden amounts to 'arbitrary detention', a United Nations panel will rule on Friday.

>"(The) working group has made the judgment that Assange has been arbitrarily detained in contravention of international commitments," a spokeswoman for the Swedish Foreign Ministry said, confirming a report by the BBC.

>The ruling is to be published on Friday

>Assange had said earlier in a short message on Twitter that he would have left the embassy if the UN panel had ruled against him.

>"(But) should I prevail and the state parties be found to have acted unlawfully, I expect the immediate return of my passport and the termination of further attempts to arrest me," Assange, 44, said.

So, will britain respect the UN and let him go free? or will he be nabbed anyway?
>>
>>21161
You're naive if you think they'll let him walk into a jet to freedom. Just because he's "arbitrarily detained" doesn't mean they can't touch him. Charges still remain.

And honestly I wish he would have fucked off earlier. I think maybe the government should make him pay back every penny of that £12 million plus he cost the tax payer
>>
I'm actually surprised that a big mob of angry people hadn't just forced their way in, dragged him out and let the cops bundle him.
Of course someone would be held responsible for it but it's not like anyone in or outside the embassy would be able to restrain enough of them to stop them dragging him out.
>>
>>21168
Who would this angry mob be?
Most people either see him as a freedom fighter or, far more likely, couldn't give a shit.

>WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's three-and-a-half-year stay in the Ecuadorian embassy in London to avoid rape investigation in Sweden

Hasn't he said multiple times that he'd return to Sweden as long as they promise not to extradite him to the US?
>>
>>21170
>Hasn't he said multiple times that he'd return to Sweden as long as they promise not to extradite him to the US?
you know that won't happen. Sweden is not dropping the charge.He's going to Sweden and then to a nice 2 by 4 cell in America whether he likes it or not
>>
>>21172
Oh yeah, but it makes the claim that he's only doing this to avoid a trial over rape accusations seem a bit disingenuous.

He's doing it because American's are barbarians.
>>
>>21174
>American's are barbarians.
I disagree.
>>
>>21182
That's nice nice, but you're wrong.

The reason no one wants to be tried in America is because we know fair trials are unlikely and they treat their prisoners terribly, to the point that it's literal torture.
>>
>>21174
I would have thought he'd of maintain any integrity he may have been and gone down a martyr. Instead he goes hides in a expensive embassy because that's all he knows to do.

Let's Manning and Snowdon take the fall like a coward
>>
>>21210
>goes hides in a expensive embassy
When someone tries to arrest me always look for a small, poorer embassy to keep my integrity.

>gone down a martyr
he is not alive to be the hero you want, he's just avoiding getting his life more fucked up
>>
How long will he go away for rape? His time in the embassy should count as time served since he's pretty much locked up there.

He should just go to jail, what he's doing all seems pointless.
>>
Take that America, right in your ugly face
>>
>>21166
>muh taxpayers
>12 million being a lot for a nation of 64 million
When will this meme die?
>>
>>21220
He had no intergrity to begin with.
>>21303
maybe because it's true?
>>
>>21260
He's still going to America. The UK and Sweden do not give a shit about the weakling UN's coedy act ruling, They should tell them to gargle their coin purses if they don't like it.
>>
>>21250
It is the rape he's most worried about. It is the prospect of being extradited to the USA for espionage and such for wiki-leaks.
>>
Im pretty sure the brits have declared that they will arrest him as soon as he steps out the door. The UN declaration has no bearing whatsoever on an active police warrant in their opinion.
>>
how does one live in a embassy anyway? like what is his day to day life like? does he have his own room and kitchen? what it like. How does he get food?
>>
>>21362
then maybe he shouldn't have leaked sensative documents and reedited videos for an agenda. It's like he expected to play with fire and got upset that he was burned
>>
>>21382
>reedited videos for an agenda
what did he do?
>>
Is this rape claim accurate? Has any information come out about that specifically? Because if he is a rapist, fuck him.
>>
>>21396
Of course the rape accusations are non-viable. Two women went together to the police and retroactively claimed they were raped by Assange because they apparently contracted STDs after having consensual sex with him. Police initially confirmed that there was no case.

The accusations and warrants proceeding them are entirely political.
>>
>>21374
Free everything. Literally a welfare queen.
Probably doesn't have a gym though.
>>
>>21449
Does every European have one of them?!
>>
>>21395
Collateral murder was edited to remove the guys carrying RPGs to make it look like the helicoptor pilots were firing only on civilians instead of actual rebels who were also there with them
>>
>>21194
as an american, it's sad how true that statement is.
>>
>>21172
But if Sweden agreed to it, he might be willing to go there for the rake trial as long as Sweden promised not to turn him over to the US. I think he's more worried about that
>>
>>21424

>I'll have sex with you if you wear a condom
>has sex, claims to wear condom but doesn't
>No consent to sex without contraceptives

Sounds like rape to me
>>
>>21455
got any evidence to back that up?
>>
>>21474
how do you not notice whether he's using a condom?
>>
>>21474
Sounds more like Condom Forgery...
>>
>>21484
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgYfTRAZqek
When your motley crew of whisteblowers make their grand fuck the man news worthy debut with an edited video that makes them as bad as the people they claim to expose, and then refuses to redact the names of people who now risk the possibility of being targeted because of it, that doesn't bode well for their integrity against critics who can smell a rat like it was rolling around in shit.
The masses might have been fooled but the smart people paid attention to te bullshit Assange was trying to peddle as the genuine article to fit his agenda. One of many reasons not everyone likes him.
>>
>>21194
Yes, our prison system is punitive. And fair trials are as likely as anywhere else in the world.
>>
24 hours later, any updates?
>>
It is very very strange that he is still wanted for "lesser-degree rape" when worse cases of rape, with more evidence, is dropped on almost daily basis in this glorious country.
>>
>>21474
I wouldn't call that rape. It's just being a dick.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.