[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swiss say no to Big Brother
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 0
>Nachrichtendienstgesetzt (NDG),… a bill that gave Swiss intelligence authorities more clout to spy on private communications, hack into citizens’ computers, and sweep up their cellphone information.

>The climate of fear and terrorism, he said, felt too overwhelming to get people to care about constitutional rights when people first started organizing to fight the NDG law. Governments around the world, not to mention cable news networks, have taken advantage of tragedy to expand their reach under the guise of protecting people, even in classically neutral Switzerland — without much transparency or public debate on whether or not increased surveillance would help solve the problem.

>But thanks to the way Swiss law works — if you get together 50,000 signatures within three months of the law passing — you can force a nationwide referendum where every citizen gets a say.

>“In Switzerland, and overseas, no one really thought to ask the people,” Yen said. “The public opinion, especially from the young people, has shifted to pro-privacy.”

https://theintercept.com/2016/01/25/how-a-small-company-in-switzerland-is-fighting-a-surveillance-law-and-winning/

Based Switzerland. Lead the way, Swissbros.
>>
>>19331
> Nachrichtendienstgesetzt
The name alone is hard to take in...
>>
Fuck if only we could prevent the nsa from invading us like that..
>>
>>19363
If only citizens were made more aware of bills being worked on and being passed, including the fine print that lets anything and everything happen even if it's completely unrelated to the original point of the bill.
>>
>>19363
Nobody cares about Switzerland but the United States needs surveillance.
>>
>>19331
>Nachrichtendienstgesetzt
>45 points in Scrabble
alright
>>
>>19331
doesn't switzerland hold lots of illegal bank accounts? Wouldn't it be bad for business?
>>
Doesn't really matter.

Five Eyes watches everyone.
>>
>>19380
"Land of the free, home of the brave"
For all of our bluster, the USA has become a nation of cowards.
>>
>>19441
That's easy to say about a country with 320 million people.
>>
any Swiss here? was this anything you followed, heard on the news, signed the petition/knew people who did, etc?
>>
I still belive in my country, and the capabilities of my community. I also would like to belive in my fellow man without the need for such intense suspicion. We dont need a surveilance program aimed at us. That makes us subjects. As if we were ruled by a queen or king. We are free, being watched and monitored 24/7 is not my idea of freedom friends
>>
>>19447
I don't understand your point. Care to elaborate?
>>
>>19736
I think he means that in a nation of so many people, there are bound to be many cowards. In absolute terms the US must be a more cowardly nation than most of Europe, even if the probability of being a coward is the same across every country. But hey, at least we aren't as craven as India and China!
>>
>>19380
>>19454

Exactly; Innocent until proven guilty, 4th Amendment.
>>
>>19417
I wonder if they do the same thing on Swiss boards.

You know, make fun of English words for being so short.
>>
>>19859
fun of it? I don't know what you mean, I can't see it as a "bad" thing. The use of short words is a fine way to talk. Swiss take word length too far, I mean, more than one sound per word? who needs that, what a shit tongue.
>>
>>19418
Lay off the Italian mobster movies
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.