[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brendan Eich (ex Mozilla) is back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 0
>Lets face it, the Web today is a mess. Everywhere we go online we are constantly inundated with annoying ads. Often pages are more ads than content, and the more ads the industry throws at us, the more we ignore them, the more obnoxious ads get, trying to catch our attention. As Brendan explains in his blog post, the browser used to be on the user’s side...

http://andreasgal.com/2016/01/20/brendan-is-back-to-save-the-web/
>>
"Banning all ads without an alternative mechanism would break the economic backbone of the Web."
Nonsense. We'd end up with

-corporation websites (Sony, Microsoft) which don't need ad revenue
-amateur -- in the sense of personal passion -- websites run by people who have what are known as "jobs" to pay for them, also donations.
>>
The plebians on IE6 can continue to generate ad-revenue for the corporate boogeymen as they always have. I will keep my ad-free internet and continue not to seed my torrents.
>>
>>18235
You're the worst kind of scum! Always seed your torrents anon.
>>
>>18221
just like it used to be
>>
>Banning all ads without an alternative mechanism would break the economic backbone of the Web.

I mainly watch YouTube videos, and many content creators complain about the revenue from Ads. To supplement their financial needs they rely on sponsors(different ads), merchandise, streaming, books, donations and YouTube finally caught on. They offer a premium service that allows skipping of ads and other shit because a business model reliant on Ads is shit.

Ads are a shitty way to make a profit, you piss off your consumers and encourage them to ignore content.
>>
Ads use up bandwith that I didn't consent to using.

>>18462
>>18235
I know this is a dank meme but you really should seed your torrents. ISPs really screw people over on their upload speeds but if seeding were common then more people would have a desire for higher upload speeds. Then again, maybe there would be less/fewer dedicated torrent clans in that case.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.