[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More people in Europe are dying than are being born
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 0
>More people in Europe are dying than are being born, according to a new report co-authored by a Texas A&M University demographer. In contrast, births exceed deaths, by significant margins, in Texas and elsewhere in the U.S., with few exceptions.

Texas A&M Professor of Sociology Dudley Poston, along with Professor Kenneth Johnson, University of New Hampshire, and Professor Layton Field, Mount St. Mary's University, published their findings in Population and Development Review this month.
The researchers find that 17 European nations have more people dying in them than are being born (natural decrease), including three of Europe's more populous nations: Russia, Germany and Italy. In contrast, in the U.S. and in the state of Texas, births exceed deaths by a substantial margin.
"In 2013 in Texas, for example, there were over 387,000 births compared to just over 179,000 deaths," says Poston. "The only two states in the U.S. with more deaths than births are the coal mining state of West Virginia and the forest product state of Maine."
The research focuses on the prevalence and dynamics of natural decrease in the counties and county-equivalents of Europe and the United States in the first decade of the 21st century (2000-2009).
Findings reveal that 58 percent of the 1,391 counties of Europe had more deaths than births compared to just 28 percent of the 3,141 counties of the U.S.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2016-01-people-europe-dying-born.html#jCp
>>
>>17899
gotta build robots

they won't do that though

they're going to let immigrants in

because they're stupid
>>
They clearly need an increasing population at a time when unskilled labor is becoming obsolete.
>>
>>17899
>human civilization that achieves near self sufficience
>retract population
>a concerned mentality about the environment (if the rise of green parties say anything)
>it's in their hands to to demonstrate how you can through science, technology and hard work have a properous society with eco-friendly energy production and reatract into a stable population curve (ie. not retarded non-stop growth)

>but no.
>nuclear is bad!
>let's have unrealistic expectations about "green" energy that will only make more difficult to phase out carbon enegies, because nuclear is bad!
>population decrease is bad!
>immigrants welcome!
>proper border control is racist!
>cultural clash has never happened before!
>...

put me out of my misery.
>>
european women crave the muslim penis
>>
>>17899
>WE NEED MORE GROWTH,MORE IMMIGRANTS
B-b-but sir,unemployment on all levels is rising,the richer are becoming richer and the poor,poorer...
>DOESN'T MATTER,WE NEED MORE SPENDING
B-b-but sir,all this useless spending is just for artificially sustaining parts of our economy while corporations&banks laugh in our faces
>BUT THINK OF THE OLD PEOPLE
B-but sir,state funded social programs are crippling the budget and economy,privatizing the pension funds would take the weight of the state and allow relevant investments
>DOESN'T MATTER,MUH PONZI ECONOMY BASED ON INFINITE GROWTH

We are seriously past the age of industrialization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf-k6qOfXz0

Immigrants bring literally no benefits for the native citizens,except for corporations and greedy businessmen who fuck you over for a buck.
>>
>>17899

Good. Now all we need to do is reduce the population of 3rd world shitholes.
>>
>>17981
I agree with you. I'm a son of immigrants but I agree with you. Swedish citizen, dad came here a while ago as PhD student, decided to stay here for me. I'm thankful for everything this country done for me. Will get my masters done in a few months. Never asked for any money from the government but with free schooling and everything. I will work my whole life for this country and will make sure my kids do as well.
But seeing these never ending waves of immigrants hitting a small country such as this I'm fearing we as a people will be paying for it for the next 100 years.
>>
>Europe dying

I can imagine my grandchildren, shouldering knapsacks and brandishing flashlights, climbing over trash and wreckage in the ruins of what was once Paris. They'll pocket souvenirs like French flags and discarded Euro (completely worthless in this era) and scan the shadows for life. All they'll find is roaches and raccoons. God bless America.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.