[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Obama Reacts to Planned Parenthood Shooting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 0
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/president-obama-lashes-out-after-planned-parenthood-shooting-not-normal-n470616
>"Somehow, this has become routine," he said. "The reporting is routine. My response here at this podium ends up being routine. We become numb to this."
Is he right?
>>
>>1003
>>"Somehow, this has become routine," he said. "The reporting is routine. My response here at this podium ends up being routine. We become numb to this."
Isn't this like really old?
>>
>>1003
>using tragedies to further political agenda
wew lad
>>
>>1029
When your political agenda is to avoid these tragedies, you're allowed to do that.
>>
>muh legacy
>I don't have one
>first black president
>nothing else
>quick gun control
>Global meming
>immigration
>>
His term's almost over and he still doesn't realize that the problem lies in mental health rather than gun control.

Some delusional people might think improving mental health care is the same as brainwashing people, but let's treat them like the tinfoilhats they are.
>>
>>1075
What types of improvement do you suggest?
>>
>>1085

I think the simplest one would be easier access to mental health care. Most of the people with serious untreated mental problems, the type of people who do crime, have no access to care as it is. We have nothing in place that would ensure someone seeks help rather than live a self-destructive lifestyle and expressing their anger out on other people in the form of violence.
>>
>>1134
>the type of people who do crime,
The crime problem isn't a mental health care problem. It's a poverty problem. When you have slums without order, and people getting no proper education, then that's the perfect breeding ground for criminals.
>>
it's become common because he's the one telling the CIA to do more of these false flags.

>attack planned parenthood
>site of the attack is a conservative military city
>day after thanksgiving

perfect false flag scenario

i'm not buying it. i hope more planned parenthoods get shot up.
>>
>>1134
>>1151
Why can't it be both?
>>
>>1151
It's both mental health and poverty. Poverty is a huge cause, but it leads to mental problems.

Why not both?
>>
>>1158
Because psychological illnesses don't normally make you a criminal.
The most common one being depression, which leads to you not doing a whole lot of anything, and another popular one being burnout which also leads you to do shit-all.
People with psychological problems are first and foremost incapable of dealing with their own lives. They may seem a bit scary sometimes, because their responses aren't adequate. They might scream at you when you didn't really do anything.
But that's just their own frustrations seeking a channel out. The people most likely to get hurt by them are they themselves.

What you want to look out for is drug addicts and people who didn't get a proper education by their parents and spent most of their childhoods in front of TV sets. The latter kind is basically incorrigible. They are destined to spend their lives in prisons or in semi-criminality.
>>
>>1185

A lot of mass shooters suffered from serious depression and anxiety. I'm not saying we should target these people specifically, but they need better access to treatment. I certainly would've benefited from it as a child.

Drug addicts and uneducated people with single-mothers living in ghettos and going to poor schools is probably the problem with a lot of crime, but depression is too and I'd like treatment for both. And not just to prevent crime, I'm sure there are other benefits such as increased productivity that people would benefit from.
>>
>>1033
That's nice just be respectful about it. We are better than acting up every shooting.
>>
>>1369
Especially since America has so many of those shootings.
>>
>>1151
No it's a culture problem, even taking into account mental health and poverty the melanin enriched account for several times more crime per capita. It's not healthy being told every day of your life that everything bad you do is someone elses fault.
>>
>>1003

>bodies not even cold
>already want to take my guns

C L A S S Y
L
A
S
S
Y
>>
>>1686
And your jobs!!1
>>
>>1003

He didn't say sorry about the 17 kids getting shot at a park.

Oh sorry because they president doesn't care about black people
>>
>>1003
Sheeeeeiit.
>>
>>1691
2/10 b8
>>
>>1690
Upvoted my fellow redditor

>>1691
>Oh sorry because they president doesn't care about black people
Nobody does, Tyrone.
>>
>>1691
Wasn't the shooter at the park black?

There's your answer. Can't dilute the narrative.
>>
>>1699
No it's because murder is killing and privilege, and since a black man is incapable of being institutionally privileged it's not a murder and therefore not as big of a deal.
>>
>>1003
>huur a durr take the guns
lol
literally everytiem theres a shooting
>>
>>1735
It's like a fucking broken record. It's funny how impotent he is on being able to do anything about it, though.

Sorry the country you're running was founded on ideals you disagree with.
>>
>>1085
I think we should take away these wackos' guns because they're not gonna get mental help because they don't think they're batshit crazy.
>>
>>1033
Not really. It was only a few hours after the shooting at Umpqua Community College that he and the entire left were calling for new, tighter regulations on firearms. Standing on graves and screaming, "see what happens when X is allowed!? We need to get rid of X so no more children die!" And any political agenda that's sole purpose is circumventing the Constitution, has no bearing. It's not just the left that uses tragedies, even the Pro gun lobby does it. Neither side is innocent in it.
>>
>>1013
he said pretty much exactly this after the oregon shooting
>>
>>1760
So how do you define a wacko?
>>
>>1760
So you're paranoid about gun owners?
>>
>>1767
A guy with a gun.
>>
>>1787
Okay, sounds good. We'll start with our armed forces, and then work our way down to the police.
>>
>>1790
Wait, those guys have guns!?
>>
>>1792
Call the police!
>>
>>1796
No! Don't call the police. Call... wait. Who can you call that doesn't have guns?
Order a pizza!
>>
>>1802
http://www.local10.com/news/police-pizza-delivery-driver-shoots-kills-robber/33745120
WHO DO WE CALL!? FUCK!!!!!
>>
>>1075
Mental health is a manufactured crisis that is 2000% the fault of heavy metal pollution, xenoestrogens, and the death of the family.

Being raised by a single mother alone makes you a gorillion times more susceptible to being fucked up as it is, not to mention the rest of the ways society is set up to crush your mind and soul.

The only way to combat it is to have a country wide discussion on how parenthood, or a lack thereof, and the polluted food/water supply are turning our kids into nutjobs, but that might hurt profits for our multinational corporate overlords, so #YOLO
>>
>>1033
When your political agenda is to wrest more control for yourself, it's not.
>>
>>1033
name one thing gun control would do to avoid this
>>
>>1811

Basically, this.

At this point even if you wanted to fix these things, there is no national consensus on anything. We live in a fractured society. You'd say, "Hey guys, maybe we should consider only having children when we ca-" only to be interrupted by "NOT YOUR BODY SHITLORD!" or "But den who's gon gimme dat obongophone?" You could try to discuss pollution but nobody cares, so long as they get their iPhone and swag shit.

I don't necessarily agree with you that every aspect of it is manufactured, but I would concur that we are fucked and power lies with the actors who have no incentive to unfuck everything.
>>
>>1904
>Things would be better if everyone agreed on everything

Go live in a communist collective, you red.
>>
>>1904
>https://www.sacredfools.org/crimescene/casefiles/s2/shipoffoolsstory.htm
Moderately relevant to what you're saying. We're so caught up with the "me me me" mindset, that we no longer act in the interest of the "common good" (whatever that means,) and subsequently are hastening our own destruction. Lest someone accuse me of being some kind of Marxist, I do not think that the death of the individual is necessary to stem the flow of life-blood from the West, but I think that curbing rampant consumerism, and maybe a departure from current social norms, could help us head in the "right" direction.
>>
>>1811

Education would help significantly if we changed how it worked in general. If I was taught HOW to think, and how to use my mind and control the issues we all have as children, things would've been very different. I know now what I didn't know then, and I know how to reach the point I am now. The closest thing we have is meditation classes and philosophy.

Would probably solve a lot ADD issues as well. The depression and anxiety I had as a kid were very real, but our culture would rather see it as a phase. This is part of the reason it was ignored.
>>
>>1735
>>1742
And he should continue to say it every time there's a shooting. He's right to. Unfortunately, these shootings won't end until the conservative old fucks die and we can push an amendment through.
>>
>>1982
shall not be infringed faggot
>>
>>1904

>You could try to discuss pollution

And then a stereotype of a hippie comes to mind. That's how a lot of dissenting opinions are washed away. Society creates an image of it and makes it shine brighter than what it actually is. Most people can't even talk about marijuana users without thinking of "stoners", for example. Some people see atheists as fedoras.
>>
>>1946

You people are very interesting. You want to create social norms and culture but you don't want society dictating them, because you see it as becoming degenerate.

That's very blind.
>>
>>1982
You don't like guns?! Wear a bullet-proof vest...
>>
>>1982
There are countless countries out there with strict regulations on guns. Maybe you should go to one of them instead of changing one of the founding principals of the one you're in.
>>
>>1982
And then all the guns in the country will magically disappear, right? Stupid faggot.
>>
Obama is gey
>>
>>2013
The Left will then fire up their giant gun-specific magnet...
>>
>>1989
>you don't want society dictating them, because you see it as becoming degenerate.
Feel free to point out a society that has not been destroyed or "degenerated" throughout any point of history (modern nation-states don't count.) It's hardly "becoming degenerate." If anything, it is merely following the "natural" course of things. An organism has a beginning, grows, and with time dies. A nation-state/society is not all that different. I'm not saying any one group should "create social norms and culture," and maybe you missed it, but I don't necessarily believe their is any one "right" way to do things.

I only put forth that, as we are currently, we are too busy being concerned with the "trivialities" of day to day life, and missing the forest for the trees. If you were to ask for my beliefs, which I know you're not, I'd say that the key to a healthy society is the education of the people who make up said society. I think the greatest threat to the ideological West is the willingness of its people to take things at face value or to only concern themselves with what's immediately in front of them.
>>
>>2026
I'd say the key to a healthy society is purpose.
We tried education and look where that got us, people hiding in 'safe spaces' at institutions of higher learning. Clearly education is not the boon it appears to be.
>>
>>1694
>b8
>stating facts

Don't ruin this board while it's already fresh out of the ground. The fact of the matter is that there are tons of shootings from both other citizens and police that are ignored constantly.

A man was shot in the face because he went for one of his daily walks. He usually carried a towel around his arm to wipe off sweat. LAPD thought he had a gun underneath. When he didn't drop the gun that doesn't exist, he was shot. No one is reporting on it, and he's now stuck in the hospital. You can easily Google the keywords "LAPD shoots towel" and you will find this case that you've been ignoring.

Then there are countless cases of kids being shot. So, no, it's not "b8" to report this hypocrisy.
>>
>>3026
It's all selective outrage.

The government of course won't comment on things like police brutality, unless it's already hit mainstream. They don't want to make themselves look bad. Likewise, Obama of course says nothing about the black on black violence that went down in New Orleans a few days ago. 17 dead, but his lips are sealed.

A planned parenthood being shot up by a white guy though? Now that's money in the bank for his agenda.
>>
>>2013
Australia did it, so can you
>>
And by the way the Planned Parenthood shooter was trans
>>
>>3115
>Australia did it
Yeah, good luck trying to confiscate hundreds of millions of firearms from people who vehemently defend the 2nd amendment.
>>
>>1982
>until the conservative old fucks die off and we can push an amendment

What kind of amendment? Oh do pray tell me! If it's gun control then you, like most people, are looking in the wrong place.

The people doing the shooting is the problem. It's a mental health issue and it may be a poverty issue as well, but it's not a gun issue.
>>
>>3115

Australia is not America. There's a huge black market for guns and guns are in millions of people's hands. Gun culture is very pro-NRA and very pro-2nd Amendment. You're not going to get anything done.

And that's good, too. We don't need to be taking guns away from citizens. We need to be weeding out the bad ones.
>>
>>3115
Australia's biggest fear are Koala bears & Kangaroos...
>>
>>3190
Did you just name the only 2 Australian animals that are neither equipped with lethal poison nor with sharp teeth and an appetite for human flesh?
>>
Haven't their been 57 mass shootings strictly in the US this year? That shit is kinda ridiculous..
>>
>>3193
I don't know but the point was they're not afraid of being unarmed over there whereas the rest of the sane world is. They're also unprepared for the Emu War 2 without guns...
>>
If you haven't become numb to this type of thing yet then you're too young. The right will complain about the left complaining about the right complaining about the left. Why not become numb?
>>
>>3197
That's what happens when you don't arm yourself.
>>
>>3203
>If you haven't become numb to this type of thing yet then you're too young.
>Why not become numb?

A lot of people don't get numb with age. It's not surprising, some people like to keep their humanity. As numb as I am to gore, I don't pretend that it's not still an issue.

It's really selfish to think like you suggest. If you think it's nothing worth caring about it because you're numb, then you think the whole world should revolve around your emotions.
>>
>>3207
It's not that I'm pretending this isn't an issue (or not keeping my humanity). I mean numb as in staying unemotional about it. Even when I accept these things as real issues I still get the feeling that I'm just going through the motions. The right complains, the left complains. Talk Show hosts mention it, people have moments of silence, Youtubers use it to fish for views, it trends on all the big sites, it gets posted here. Same shit every other month or so.
>>
>>3214

If you ignore most of the garbage and chatter then you won't become numb to it.
>>
>>1003
tbh fam this is some scary stuff!
>>
>>3197
Who gives a shit, there's like 350 million people here.

Go buy a gun if you're so scared of the few thousand crazies out there.
>>
>>1085
Joe Blake: [noticing ashes falling like snowflakes] What is that?
Nazi Police Officer: Oh, that's the hospital.
Joe Blake: The hospital?
Nazi Police Officer: Yeah, Tuesdays, they burn cripples, the terminally ill. Drag on the state.

The Man in the High Castle (2015)
>>
>>2020
Then they would have all the guns.
>>
>>3026
“DeLeon began pointing his arms toward the officers and continued walking toward them in an aggressive manner,” an LAPD statement said. “Based on DeLeon's actions, the officers believed he was pointing a gun toward them.”
>>
>>3115
I'm pretty sure Australia did it with only the law abiding citizens. Why would criminals get rid of their guns?
>>
>>3284
He had a towel wrapped around his arm and no gun was found. No justification for this shooting.
>>
>>3202
>the rest of the sane world is
America and Australia are the only sane places on Earth?
>>
>>1904
So you are pro abortion then?

Sounds like something the very same 'shitlord' feminists would enjoy.
>>
>>3312
Are you saying you're one of those pro-lifers?
>>
>>1982
Werks in France =^)
>>
>>3313
No.

But my message would imply so and yours would not.
>>
>>3315
>No.
Then you are just pointlessly derailing the discussion?
>>
>>3318
Just pointing something very paradoxical in your thinking for you to enjoy.

I'm not really sure what I am though actually on the issue.
>>
>>3321
What paradox are you talking about?

(also, that post you're referring to wasn't made by me, but never mind that)
>>
>>1003
It's simply a psychological exploitation to move his agenda. We've been immune since forever. The nightly news. Car crashes where a mother and her young children are killed. Rapes. Murders overnight in inner cities. Obama is "immune" to this.

It's not a question of being callus or not. We are. Obama is simply suggesting we care about his agenda, or we must face the constant of "not caring".

It's bullshit, of course. I could say the same thing about muslim rapists in Sweden. It's been off the charts. So am I numb to this by not standing up and demanding something be done about muslims?

Maybe.

But again, it's bullshit. An agenda.
>>
>>3323
Citing a retarded feminist phrase replied to something feminists like to say.
>>
>>3329
No, that's not paradoxical. That's just you being too simpleminded to understand that people can hold certain opinions without holding certain other opinions.
>>
>>3330
How could allowing abortion instead of banning, and contraception in general for that matter, ever be against freedom of the body?

His statement really didn't make sense, you never see a feminist say that
>>
>>3333
The ideas represented in that part:

a woman who
>wants a baby
>thinks she's got the right to decide whether or not she's going to have it

a man who
>is concerned about their financial situation

There is no anti-abortion stance in general. The woman just wants to keep her baby. It makes perfect sense, you just need to stop labeling people as "feminists" and then predict their every thought.
>>
>>3335
Oh shit I took the quads with my shitty thread de-railing, pretty shameful tbh.

I hate to label people but that's how most discussion on these boards go so I decided to follow the label logic and draw conclusions.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.