[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 20160701_185836.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160701_185836.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
I just got a mostly finished mountain bike, but the back wheel is missing 3 spokes(I don't have any mtb wheels to swap either)I rode it about a quarter mile home, now my question is, is this safe to ride gently 5 miles to my LBS so I can respoke and true my wheel? Or should I just bungie the wheel to my road bike and take it down? Because I also wanted to tune up my bike there since they have way more tools and they let me use a station and all their gear when I need work. I could respoke it and take it home, then ride the mtb, but I don't want to if it isn't going to taco my rim to ride on 3 spokes.

Picture semi related.
>>
>>976050
If you are not grossly overweight, the wheel is quite true at the moment and you ride carefully avoiding bumps and such you should be fine.

People ride hundreds of miles with broken spokes. But don't do that. It only gives you more broken spokes in the long run.

Best solution however would be to take the wheel on your other bike.
>>
>>976053

Thanks, yeah I probably will just take my raleigh instead of the mtb, I looked at it again and the rim isn't quite true but it probably won't be salvageable if it bends more...
>>
>>976050
wtf is the thing in front of your camera left shifter?
>>
>>976057

That's a light that I didn't bother screwing into the handle bar since this was taken the first time I rode that bike and it was like noon
>>
>Quick question
Your quick release is open.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.