[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When I go up a hill I notice that it's usually my right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Quadriceps[1].png (119 KB, 303x750) Image search: [Google]
Quadriceps[1].png
119 KB, 303x750
When I go up a hill I notice that it's usually my right quadriceps muscle (I am right leg dominant) that is feeling the burn a lot more than my left leg, even though they should be doing the same amount of work.

After I'm done in those hours after when I get some wobbly legs from the biking, both legs feel the same, but going up the hill itself, only one leg feels more

Anyone else experience this?
>>
>>973234
you're using your dominant leg more than your other to push the bike up the hill. you can train yourself out of this habit in a few weeks if you're conscious of it.
>>
op i knoe dat feeling

r u using clipless?
>>
>>973235
But I mean both legs go up to the same height. Is isn't like I'm pushing down harder with one leg I don't think
>>
>>973257
Yes it is
>>
>>973244
No just sneakers
>>
OP here. Damn i had to walk up a hill today (the same one i burn my quads on) due to heat and a health issue and i was pushing off WAY MORE on my right calf than my left as well. like, i was walking up pretty fast and almost had to stop cause it felt like my calf was gonna tear off

wtf bros
>>
>>973234
Having a dominant leg (or arm for that matter) is extremely common. If it really is bothering you that much or impairing your performance then spend some time in the gym doing sets of single-leg press, and do one less set with the dominant leg until the other leg catches up with it.
>>
1. is one of your legs longer than the other?
2. is there damage to one of your cranks/pedals that's causing you to pedal crooked?
3. look at your feet, do you pedal the same on each side?
>>
>>973426
1. not that i know of
2. no
3. ill have to try that. usually i am just looking at the ground when climbing trying not to die
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.