[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best track bike under 700
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: track.png (16 KB, 135x90) Image search: [Google]
track.png
16 KB, 135x90
Looking for an entry level track bike. NO "FIXIES".
>>
>>970377

>>917095
>>
>>970377
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/trackbikes.htm
>>
>>970377

>NO "FIXIES"

Are you retarded? a decent fixed gear bike is track ready just use high gear ratio.
>>
>>970423
Please be joking. fixies are entirely different than track bikes.
>>
>>970418
those aren't track bikes
>>
>>970377
All track bikes are fixies
not all fixies are track bikes, sure, but a track bike is a fixie.
>>
>>970423
most velos won't allow bikes direct or state bicycle type bikes onto their track
>>
>>970546

>fixies are entirely different than track bikes.

Fixed gear is IDENTICAL in function. YOU DUMBSHIT.

Or do you think you will distance yourself from the stigma by spending more money on "not a fixie gais itz a TRAG BIKE!"

Fucking hipsters I swear
>>
>>970546

Also if you ride your 5k super light carbon track bike on the street people will point at you at call you a fixter anyway.
>>
>>970377

the answer is and allways will be the dolan pre cursa.
>>
>>970598
You can ride a track bike on the street

But you can't ride your Mercier kilo TT on a velodrome
>>
>>970968

Bullshit. Trackies aren't coffee shop dentist freds. I've raced against former track olympians who borrowed a $500 bike while traveling. Fixie kids can ride fixies on the track as long as they are safe and meet the track requirements. I've taken my IRO traveling with me to hit local tracks on vacation because it packs easier than my L-96 and I don't have to worry about it. Some velodromes bar the use of certain tires. Some don't allow bullhorns. Most don't allow brakes. Some will just let you disconnect the brake cable and train without removing the brake. But I've never heard of a velodrome not allowing a Diamond frame safety bike due to lack of frame prestige. The idea alone is fucking absurd.
>>
>>971008
The tires, brakes and bars don't meet the saftey features

The rules are in place so you don't have fixed gear free style fags doing tricks and stunts and causing Olympians and pro athletes serious injury
>>
>>971030
>tires
if you get a kilo tt with intent to tarck it you're going to want to dump the shitty wheels it comes with along with the crank but it's serviceable as babbys first tarb bick as-is

better to get a wabi tho
>brakes
u dumb nigga
>bars
wat
>>
>>971033
You can't have brakes on a track they wo t slow you on the track with brakes or levers

It's like rule #2
>>
>>971039
why would you attach that brake that they throw in the box you aren t making sense
>>
>>971030
>>971039
wow sieg you're so fucking garbage please die
>>
>>971030

> The tires

Meet most velodrome's requirements.

> brakes

Re-read my post, here : >>971008 and only require an allen key to remove

> bars

would be allowed on any Velodrome I've ever been on(about a dozen)

> The rules

Vary from velodrome to velodrome as far as just being able to train or ride. Many require introduction classes to ride if you aren't already an established/known athlete.

Stop talking out of your ass, you haven't even been on a track before.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.