[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >be femanon >riding my rigid 90s steel mountain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
File: fred.jpg (155 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
fred.jpg
155 KB, 612x612
>be me
>be femanon
>riding my rigid 90s steel mountain bike
>dressed casually, no cycling specific clothes (unless a helmet counts)
>on a paved bike path
>enjoying the nice spring weather
>begin to come up on someone from behind
>a fat guy
>wearing full cycling kit
>including Air Attack helmet
>on an S-Works road bike
>he hears me approaching and looks back
>he quickly looks forward and starts pedaling as hard as he can
>I'm keeping pace with him without even trying
>he keeps looking back at me
>literally every 5 seconds he looks back
>looks visibly distressed, as if afraid that he is going to be passed by a girl on a mountain bike
>he keeps looking back every 5 seconds or so and this goes on for several minutes
>we get to a climb
>he slows down to an excruciatingly slow pace so I pass him immediately
>when I get to the top of the hill I look back out of curiosity, he is only a third of the way up at best
>a few minutes later, stop at one of my favorite rest stops, a nice park overlooking a lake
>about ten minutes later, fat guy passes by
>stares at me as he passes
>a few minutes later, get back on my bike and resume my ride
>not long before I've caught up to fatty again
>he looks back and sees me
>he immediately stops, gets off his bike, turns it upside down, and starts spinning the wheel as if inspecting it
>clearly pretending to have mechanical issues to justify stopping, when really he just doesn't want to be passed by a girl on a mountain bike
>ask him if he is okay or needs help with his bike
>"yes I'm fine thanx. just having a bit of a rest"
Pic related, looks almost exactly like him.
>>
>>963576
this shit again?
>>
I can hit about 40 mph with a 53x11 on the flats with my road bike. I can hold this for a few miles before I burn out. I always end up running out of gearing with a 46t when in route to the trails.. I understand you think you are some eilte rider that 'knows' everything about biking but I think you are just weak as fuck.
>>
File: flavortown.jpg (195 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
flavortown.jpg
195 KB, 1600x900
>>963576
>guys I'm a femanon
>guys I'm a femanon
>guys I'm a femanon
>guys I'm a femanon
>guys I'm a femanon
>>
>>963589
Anyone that isn't pure shit will be undergeared if they have 46t max. It doesn't make you special, faggot. I am running a 50/34 compact double on my 35 pound mtb-geo steel hybrid that is currently set up as a rando/touring rig. Anyone with 46 is a massive faggot.
>>
>>963594
>femanon
>not post tits
what a waste
>>
>>963612
OP here. Warning: NSFW
http://i.imgur.com/cfH3CyG.jpg
>>
>>963622
>http://i.imgur.com/cfH3CyG.jpg
damn, keep going with the nudes
>>
>>963576
>copypasta
>>
>>963576
How /fit/ are you OP?
>>
>>963622
>stumpy brown hands
You need to go back.
>>
It's been almost a year since I last saw this thread.
>>
>>963695
There was one about a month ago or so.
>>
File: 379.jpg (91 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
379.jpg
91 KB, 750x600
>>963576
>>
>>963717
Vegan pasta is delicious.
>>
>>964076
Fuck you
>>
>>964077
You want to fuck me? I hope you're a qt3.14 cyclist girl.
>>
File: billyfuckyouleatherman.jpg (21 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
billyfuckyouleatherman.jpg
21 KB, 576x432
>>964077
Nah, fuck you leather man.
Maybe you and I should settle it right here on the ring, if you think you're that tough?
>>
>>963597
I am probably faster than 90% of the riders on this board while riding a rigid 90s mtn bike with a rusted chain. race me faggot
>>
>>964103
Cat 6 me faggot, I'll rek you
>>
>>964107
psshh you little cat 6 faggots always think your so fast, step up to cat 7 and I will show you whats up nigga
>>
>>964110
Joke's on you, Fred. I am cat 9,001!
>>
>>964112
hey how did you know my name?
>>
>>964114
Being vegan gives me psychic powers.
>>
>>963622
>http://i.imgur.com/cfH3CyG.jpg
T O R O N T O
O
R
O
N
T
O
>>
>>965111
TRIPS
R
I
P
S
>>
>>964116
Im new here but i would like you to leave
>>
>>967297
I have been here for years and I would like you to leave.
>>
>>963622
be my gf
>>
>>964116
I legitimately do not understand the thought processes of tripfags. Do you think everyone is just ribbing you?
>>
Is this the /n/ equivalent of a clip show?
>>
>>968951
What the fuck is a clip show?
>>
>>968953
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clip_show
>>
>>968955
..listen, buddy, I don't know who you are or what kind of cycling you do. Me, I'm a road cyclist on a local team. I train 6 days a week, and in a normal week the 7th day is in the gym doing core strengthening. Yesterday I did 30 minutes continuous at Threshold, a new PR for me. Looking at doing a TT this year, for the first time since I got hurt a few years back, and I think I can win one, or at least place in the top 5. Not bragging, just establishing who I am and what I'm about. Long rides at Threshold are no picnic.

There are two kinds of cyclists: Competitors, and everyone else. I don't care what kind of bike we're talking about, or what terrain you ride on, or how many days or how many miles a week, everyone falls into one of those two categories. The riders who are not competitors? They'll back off if it's starting to get uncomfortable. Why? Because they have *no reason* to push themselves that hard. In terms of training zones, if they push past Endurance and into Tempo or beyond, they won't stay there for more than a very short amount of time before backing off, because it's *uncomfortable* for them, and they don't feel the need to go that fast.

Competitors? They aren't pushing themselves to the point of it being abject suffering for no good reason, they know that on the other side of that suffering, there are *gains*. They know that as the mesocycles go by, they'll be able to go a little faster and a little longer because of that suffering, and they know that from those gains, comes getting that much closer to winning races, or that town-line sprint, or being first to the top of that big climb on the weekly fast group ride, or whatever it is that, for them, translates into 'competition'. Usually it's about some race or another, but it can even mean being the first to the top of that one big climb on the weekly group ride, or just beating your own PR on a set course you ride alone every week. There's a challenge, and they feel the need to meet it.
>>
>>963576
This is my first day checking /n/ since last year and this thread was up then.
>>
>>968971
..listen, buddy, I don't know who you are or what kind of cycling you do. Me, I'm a road cyclist on a local team. I train 6 days a week, and in a normal week the 7th day is in the gym doing core strengthening. Yesterday I did 30 minutes continuous at Threshold, a new PR for me. Looking at doing a TT this year, for the first time since I got hurt a few years back, and I think I can win one, or at least place in the top 5. Not bragging, just establishing who I am and what I'm about. Long rides at Threshold are no picnic.
>There are two kinds of cyclists: Competitors, and everyone else. I don't care what kind of bike we're talking about, or what terrain you ride on, or how many days or how many miles a week, everyone falls into one of those two categories. The riders who are not competitors? They'll back off if it's starting to get uncomfortable. Why? Because they have *no reason* to push themselves that hard. In terms of training zones, if they push past Endurance and into Tempo or beyond, they won't stay there for more than a very short amount of time before backing off, because it's *uncomfortable* for them, and they don't feel the need to go that fast.
>Competitors? They aren't pushing themselves to the point of it being abject suffering for no good reason, they know that on the other side of that suffering, there are *gains*. They know that as the mesocycles go by, they'll be able to go a little faster and a little longer because of that suffering, and they know that from those gains, comes getting that much closer to winning races, or that town-line sprint, or being first to the top of that big climb on the weekly fast group ride, or whatever it is that, for them, translates into 'competition'. Usually it's about some race or another, but it can even mean being the first to the top of that one big climb on the weekly group ride, or just beating your own PR on a set course you ride alone every week. There's a challenge, and they feel the need to meet it.
>>
>>968971
mm/dd/yyyy is a nonsense format, but there's no excuse for failing to extract the year from it.
>>
>>968992
He meant someone else posted the same thread a year ago you absolute dumbfuck.
>>
File: The PINGAS ain't right.png (45 KB, 733x588) Image search: [Google]
The PINGAS ain't right.png
45 KB, 733x588
>>963589
> 40mph on the flats for miles
According to http://www.gribble.org/cycling/power_v_speed.html you'd be outputting ~1.2kW
wew lad
>>
>>969370
To be fair, we have had threads lasting over a year on /n/ before.
>>
>Be me
>Going for casual exercise ride
>Decide to break in gear while I'm at it
>casually riding down my favorite path
>Enjoying life and the wonderful day it is
>Hear panting from behind me
>Crazed woman on mt bike is really hauling ass
>Dressed in supreme and not wearing a helmet.
>good for her...im glad she is enjoying this wonderful day
>Her panting gets louder...I look pack
>She looks crazed...and shes looking right at me
>Wooooshhhh She flies by me and looks back with the look of I WON on her face.
>meh I shrug it off.
>A few minutes later there is is again...hauling ass up the hill to get me again
>I finally pretend to try to fix my bike so she will give up on bothering me and trying to ruin my wonderful day
>>
>>963589
>I can hit about 40 mph with a 53x11 on the flats with my road bike. I can hold this for a few miles
no you can't
>>
>>969759
Interesting, your situation has some parallels to OP's but in your situation, unlike OP's, the girl has to work hard to pass the fred and the girl is too stupid to wear a helmet.
>>
>>969831
sure he can. I could do it too when I was riding more often
>>
>>963622
wanna be bike buddies
>>
>>963622
I love you please marry me
>>
>>963622
I think I've seen this posted here years ago
>>
>>963622
Pls be in Alpes d'Huez.
>>
>>970080
no you couldn't
>>
>>963622

>muh jewess fetish
>muh boobie fetish

you are checking all the boxes, m'lady
>>
File: _Laughing_ladies.jpg (59 KB, 400x325) Image search: [Google]
_Laughing_ladies.jpg
59 KB, 400x325
>>963622
he had a boob job
>>
>>970343
Sure! Contact?
>>
>>970510
:^)
>>
File: 1456107909007.gif (1 MB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
1456107909007.gif
1 MB, 285x285
>in full aero team kit on DuraAce Di2 aero bike
>in the middle of a recovery interval
>only going 20mph @ 90 cadence
>look behind me
>two shredded guys on track bikes grinding up to me
>about to pass me going 29mph @ 70 cadence
>swerve my bike off the bike path and into the nearest fence
>they slowly roll up to me and ask if I'm ok or need any help
>"yes I'm fine thanx. just having a bit of a rest"

That was seriously close.
>>
>>969831
I think some people can do it but there is no point t since you're exerting all of your power and energy for a mile at most.

That has no practical use even in crits
>>
>>970618
>out with my friend getting a ride in
>drafting my buddy for a little bit of recovery before I take the lead
>my buddy signals ahead
>come out from behind him a bit to look up the bike path
>see some "team" rider going slow as balls
>he's wrapping out his cadence in his granny gear
>the fuck is this guy doing?
>my buddy and I pay little attention to him
>we're cruising along at an easy peasy 30mph with a very very light tail wind
>bike path is literally 2.5 meters wide
>the "team" rider dude swerves off the bike path for no apparent reason
>we slow down, confused...and ask him if he's alright
>he's awkwardly messing with his cell phone like he's too busy to say that he's injured
>he's clearly injured with autism
>we continue our ride with no fucks given
>we laugh about it with some other friends later on that day
>was a sweet 100k ride; no fucks given
>>
Sometimes I wish I was born a woman just so I can troll the everliving fuck out of insecure manchildren. But then again, I'd have to deal with creepy people a lot more often.
>>
>>970623
>hanging with some friends after their bike ride
>they tell me how they passed some guy right as he hit a fence
>call them cunts for leaving him
>then laugh with them because we'd all have done the same
>>
>>970663
lol
>>
>>970663
Sometimes I wish I was born a woman just so I could wear dresses in public, but I would probably not be attractive as a female so it wouldn't improve my life anyway
>>
>>973872
But anon there's nothing that prevents you from wearing dresses in public as a man.
>>
>>973954
It is if you are living in Iran
>>
>>973960
Just cover yourself you whore
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.