[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Raleigh tokul 3 good enough for flow/ jump trails?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: BnIpMG6g.jpg (90 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
BnIpMG6g.jpg
90 KB, 680x510
for use at windham bike park just for a day. wont do anything extreme. will i be ok?
>>
>>962420

Depends.
Pump track/flow trail with small hills? You'll be fine.

Chairlift park on a big mountain? Not such a great idea. You'll probably be fine but it won't be much fun and you might boil your brakes.

I don't know anything about Windham. Do they have beginner-appropriate singletrack?
>>
File: 20160513_134616-1.jpg (1 MB, 2808x1780) Image search: [Google]
20160513_134616-1.jpg
1 MB, 2808x1780
If you're talking about a local dirt jump park you'll be fine. I've gone dirt jumping on pic related so that bike will be good
>>
>>962475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auAdJVBv6go

this is the type of trail ill be doing.
>>
>>962503

Nothing that a hardtail can't handle, but I strongly suggest renting a park bike for the day.

If you take your hardtail, one of two things is likely to happen: you'll fuck up a launch/landing and go OTB, or you'll boil your brakes. Not necessarily the end of the world, but a PITA.

This is not what your bike is designed for.
>>
>>962503
You and your bike will be fine, that's quite a tame trail. Don't feel that you have to go super hard at the jumps and get massive air, there's no gap so you can go slow and roll over them if you want.

>>962511
You're a dumbass. That trail could be done on a fully rigid bike no problem. As for boiling brakes, there's no long and hard braking sections on that trail.
>>
>>962693
second
>>
>will i be ok?
The limitation isn't going to be your bike.

As anon notes, there's no gaps or big drops. Everything's rollable. Good visibility on what you need to do next. Video related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O46HJbbIWlA

This video is also a reminder that as a rule, you should be walking trails you aren't familiar with.

Since your bike is new, you should obviously take it easy, and be prepared to make adjustments, like to the fork settings. If somethings not tightened quite right, you want to catch that early on.
>>
>>962753
>you should be walking trails you aren't familiar with.
came here to post this
>>
>>962503

It's possible to ride that on a cyclocross bike senpai.

They're going less than half the speed they should be on those bikes, and that guy should really look where he's going instead of towards the ground mid air (1 foor off the ground)
>>
>>962762
>>962753

Never walked a dh course unless it's a race and there's really important lines. Just pay attention.
>>
>>964802
>Just pay attention.
You either go really slow, or you can't "pay attention", blind obstacles need reaction BEFORE you see them.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.