[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Summer is up and the bike season been on for a while now. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 29
File: 124623.jpg (143 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
124623.jpg
143 KB, 960x640
Summer is up and the bike season been on for a while now.
The galleries from our local amateur bike races are filled with Fred's.
Let's all gather them here for our amusement.
>>
File: 1419573213468.jpg (304 KB, 1053x1070) Image search: [Google]
1419573213468.jpg
304 KB, 1053x1070
>>962368
At least he is trying and not shitposting on an anime BBS
I think the Fred meme comes from jealously over the fact that they can afford really good bikes and gear
>>
>>962368
nice roads, yesterday I rode on a fucking moon land, m8.
Also, at least he is not posting on a internet forum.
>>
>>962368
Any of you assholes gonna show up at RAGBRAI this summer? I'll be there. My pals are gonna be there.
>>
https://biskey7.wordpress.com/2011/04/02/bicycling-are-you-a-fred/
>>
File: AT14.jpg (750 KB, 1410x940) Image search: [Google]
AT14.jpg
750 KB, 1410x940
Love the butthurt in this thread
>>
>>962371
Yes that light weight aero frame is worth every penny, to keep this fat Fred going at 12 mph
>>
>>962388
Nothing wrong with having good gear when you are starting out, or do you think he would have been better off getting a 60lb 90's rigid mountain bike?
>>
I don't mind freds, they're usually pretty nice and I'll see them riding their $8000 bikes in the rain not giving a shit. There's this one fred who always starts a conversation with me on the ride to work, it's not really my preference to talk to strangers while riding, but he seems to have good intentions

I don't like younger guys on fancy bikes, the younger they are, the more of an asshole, trying to set a KOM on a bright sunny day when everyone is out. That's what most of /n/ would turn into if they had the money for a nice bike, which of course they don't hence all the resentment shown to people like the guy in op's picture
>>
There are a bunch of people who ride their 2000 dollar carbon bikes on the footpath near where I live.
>>
File: n_in_one_pic.jpg (278 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
n_in_one_pic.jpg
278 KB, 1600x1200
>>962388
>>962396
>>962403
Go and ride your iron multi suspension bicycles. Meanwhile I'll enjoy my carbon.
>>
>>962450
Go and crash into a toddler playing in the park because you're too stupid to ride when it's not 72 degrees and sunny, I'll enjoy my modern steel road bike with fenders and lights that enables me to ride as fast as I want without swearing at people for DARING to have the idea to go outside at the same time you did
>>
>>962396
Me and a friend are actually mid pack/leaders amongst a couple group rides. He rides an Allez & I ride a CAAD.

People coming here complaining about frame composition seem to be insecure about something and I don't think a material change is really bad gonna fix much for them -- maybe they just don't ride enough idk, not my problem.

If you're not sponsored you really don't have a stake to claim insofar as bike material goes, I think, just practice more.
>>
>>962454
Schizophrenia. Get checked
>>
>>962458
What does any of that have to do with my post? Did you quote the wrong person?
>>
>>962461
Sociopathic personality disorder, I hereby diagnose you with my E-Credentials. Go lock yourself in an insane asylum
>>
File: onoda.jpg (219 KB, 728x1216) Image search: [Google]
onoda.jpg
219 KB, 728x1216
A genuine question: it is possible for an experienced and 'powerful' (epo or not) cyclist to win with a steel/aluminium bike against a bunch of garbon-muh-grams cyclists? I know that there's a lot of variables but I wondering about it.
>inb4 stop watching your weaboo shit and practice more, lazy ass.
>>
>>962450
Go ride your Damn bike and I'll ride mine and you can stop giving a shit
>>
>>962471
Can you win an f1 race in a scion

Maybe if everyone else wrecks
>>
>>962477
That's the worst analogy I've ever seen on /n/ and I've seen some shit

Go back to /o/
>>
>>962471
yes.
>>
>>962471
A pro with an OTS still weighs less than a fred on his featherlite garbon. If the old bike was tuned up and fitted to him his time probably wouldn't be much different than on his race bike.
>>
>>962471
Plenty of dudes riding fast on alu & steel in the group rides I go on. Not their race bikes, but I'd wager they're still faster than most of the armchair cyclists that enjoy posting here.
>>
File: agr2.jpg (57 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
agr2.jpg
57 KB, 650x366
>>962368
Dat cippo though. Basically my dream bike, jelly, but good for him. I reckon most of these old fat guys used to ride when they where young and are just picking up where their 20yo self who wanted nice things left off. Before the stress of a family, their career and life closing in around them, they where probably us and in 30 years time i wouldn't mind being him.

>>962396
So you resent fast guys on fast bikes, going fast? Dude, unless you're in Europe, they're still cultural outliers, you don't have to be threatened. Even if you're threatened by chads, these young fast guys are still gonna get harassed by real chads that lift and drive bro trucks. If a young dude is riding around like an 'asshole' instead of grinning, it's probably because he hasn't learnt to relax and be at peace, like you, not because he's actually an asshole.
>>
>>962471

Frame material has neglibile, if any, effect on speed. So yes, of course a stronger rider would win.
>>
File: Foster_Cipo-48.jpg (252 KB, 1200x802) Image search: [Google]
Foster_Cipo-48.jpg
252 KB, 1200x802
>>962523
The RB1K is one of the few garbon bikes I've ever seen that has real charisma. Photographs fail to do it justice.

>>962471
Absolutely. There's a video where a pro cyclist and a mailman who delivered by bicycle had a short uphill race, but the pro had to ride a mail delivery bike, while the mailman had a pro-level bike. The pro just barely lost, which is impressive given that the bike he was given was a heavy bastard with an upright seating position and weird gearing. Geometry and fit matter far more than weight and material.

Haven't you ever enjoyed the experience of being totally BTFO by an old fart on a near-BSO?
>>
File: fred[1].jpg (410 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
fred[1].jpg
410 KB, 960x720
>>962371

Fred is above all a state of mind. Take a fred and stick him on a cheap BSO. His fredness will still shine through.

>>962394
Given his riding posture, I think he actually might.

>>962471
Visit your local races, and there's a good chance you'll see it in person.

Think of it this way. There's lots of people racing in cat 2 and 3, on aluminum that had to podium past carbon riders multiple times to get there.

Personally, I'd take a CAAD over cheap carbon for a crit.
>>
>>962578
Please don't start sentences with 'personally' or 'to be honest'.

The guy in ops pic is stylin hard on you. He has a reasonable amount of saddle- bar drop. Resting for a bit upright on the tops is legit and he's probably just working up to putting the hammer down.
>>
>>
File: Fred1[1].jpg (131 KB, 691x922) Image search: [Google]
Fred1[1].jpg
131 KB, 691x922
>>
>>962523
You can ride as fast as you want if you find the time and place. I ride as fast as my body will allow, when it's a weekday at 5:30am in November.

I take it easy when there are people out, I guess that makes me "insecure", I call it courtesy and common sense. Something newer cyclists often lack.

A crowded trail on a bright sunny weekend is not the time and place. This is why I don't like you.
>it's because he hasn't learned to relax
That's not a justification. Yelling at strangers to get the fuck out of the way isn't "not relaxed", it's being an asshole. No one gives a shit about your KOM.
>>
>>962611
This thread is about road cyclists right? If you're on a path then you can post in the slow casuals thread.
>>
>>962613
All roadies use the path, it's physically impossible to go fast enough otherwise
>>
>>962614
Ride on the road.
>>
>>962620
I don't think you've ever been in a city, guy

Riding on the road = 12mph average, at best
>>
>>962621
>riding in a city.
Sounds shit. Tfw riding through hilly rural landscapes.
>>
>>962621
>Riding on the road = 12mph average, at best
What? Why?
>>
>>962626
Traffic jams u silly willy. Bike paths are often more expedient in a city with actual bike infra.
>>
>>962628
The whole point of riding a bike in the city is you blow past traffic jams, you silly goose.
>>
>>962368
whenever i riding with some buddies they complain about weight and how their wheels and shit breaks because >muh weight, and then i see pics like that, a goddamn fat fred who just rides around on highend garbon and it doesn't seem to break

I really wish i could be like them, fat and rich
>>
>>962631
It's more than likely that they just treat their gear like shit and have bad maintenance practices.

You'd need to be pushing 300 lbs and riding off/onto curbs constantly to do catastrophic damage.
>>
>>962592
This is the most #Fred picture I have ever seen.
>>
>>962630
Sure, and what better way to blow past them than on a MUP

Obviously, having a bike at all is better than no bike on city streets, but there's no way you're beating MUP speed when you have to deal with lights, trucks in the bike lane, the door zone, and so on
>>
>>962645
Yeah, I guess if my city had better cycling infrastructure I'd prefer it over filtering through traffic. Though I still get a kick out of it
>>
>>962645
filtering through traffic is based as hell and it's much faster than filtering through slow casuals and pedestrians.
>>
File: 1464175822846.jpg (49 KB, 655x560) Image search: [Google]
1464175822846.jpg
49 KB, 655x560
I don't care about freds and their fancy bikes, but there is one think that triggers me. Some of them looks like they ride without knowing anything about cycling and are clueless about bike fitting. It's ok buying an expensive bike if you have a ton of money, but come on, at least train to get a proper aero position and don't ride that bike like a chopper with an upright position. Also learn the basics of aerodinamics and weight saving...
>>
File: typicalenglishshit.jpg (137 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
typicalenglishshit.jpg
137 KB, 640x480
>>962368
That countryside and his face look English, but the road is in good condition, it cannot be rural England.
>>
>>962588
Is this the guy that won the Tour de France after defaulting from being the only person to not use performance enhancers?
>>
>>962477
holy shit you truly don't ride

>>962471
it happens all the time, i have seen kids riding steel single speeds beat "experienced" carbon riding cyclists, uphill by minutes.
>>
>>962698
Race != tryhard "beating" a leisure pace roadie
>>
>>962368
>I can't afford *insert expensive carbon bike here* so I'm gonna make fun of people who can instead going for a ride.

Literally all of you "HURR FREDZ" people.

What does it matter to any of you if someone old fat guy rides an expensive bike?
>>
>>962706
Why does it make you so upset? I find freds funny, that's all
>>
>>962705
i wasn't refering to a leisure pace roadie vs a tryhard commuter. But a 10 km 7% average gradient, time trial carbon roadie vs steel singlespeed "roadie". I live in 3rd world country where people in the countryside train and race in steel singlespeeds, usually at high altitude, around 2500 m above sea level and they regularly beat guys on carbon.
>>
>>962747
>steel
>I live in a third world country

Fucking steelfags, when will they learn?
>>
>>962747
What country? And are there any videos of these crazy carbon road vs. steel SS races?
>>
>>962763
Mexico, couldn't find any video of carbon vs steel races but the bikes they ride are like pic related.

The only videos I could find where like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3d_LUAZ3gA

I have seen plenty of guys like those beat any average fred.
>>
>>962814
wow, is this real, is this a thing? fugly singlespeeds for training?
>>
>>962383

It's probably a 15 second exposure, kek
>>
>>962814
fuck my respects to the dudes, but why choosing not use speeds? and why those fat tyres?
they would go faster...
nice way to train high cadece though,,

PD: tienen algun nombre estos tipos? andan en esas bicis porque no pueden pagar mas o es una categoria/estilo?
>>
>>962814
You see how they're all kitted up?

They're at least as much of a serious cyclist as a "fred" just apparently in Mexico riding trollbikes is a completely normal thing to do.
>>
File: canels_kinder.jpg (1 MB, 2200x1661) Image search: [Google]
canels_kinder.jpg
1 MB, 2200x1661
>>962815
the race with those

>>962818
I guess the main reason is they are cheaper, people in the countryside earn shit sometimes less than 100 USD a month, so if you want to race you need the cheapest bike available. Steel and single speed so they are easier and cheaper to repair. Fat tyres because the roads here are shit, i suppose.

I believe they call those things turismeras.

>>962819
nah, they are the opposite of a fred. They are not pretending to race in expensive bikes, they are actually racing in shit ones and even winning some cash by doing so.
>>
>>962814
¿De dónde eres, bro? Pachuca representa.
>>
File: Imagen0082.jpg (39 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Imagen0082.jpg
39 KB, 320x240
>>962747
On my country, Spain, there was a 50-55 y.o dude that spent his time following other riders when they started climbing. The funny thing is he was riding a singlespeed 80's hi-ten 20' leisure bike. People said he could keep the pace with guys riding 2k+ euro bikes while climbing and averaged 30km/h on flat. He was practically a legend amongst riders. Pic related is him. Aparently he later started using an old 10sp mountain bike.
>>
>>962827
Well, the Technology behind our beloved Bikes hasn't been improvied since Campagnolo started to introduce the paralelogramderailleur, thats just a simple but pretty powerful fact. Yet we are all freds because we pay alot of Money for stuff that shouldn't even cost 5% of what we pay
>>
>>962825
>They are not pretending to race in expensive bikes
They are pretending to race on troll bikes. I think the word you're looking for is dentist.
>>
>>962825
The people competing in your video are clearly serious cyclists. Their kits are worth more than those bikes. Japan has mamachari races. UK has the Brompton championships and tricycle races. The USA has the little 500 where they race shitty Schwinn single speeds. Apparently in Mexico they race troll bikes.
>>
>>962830
>Yet we are all freds
I fucking wish. My one road bike was 250 bucks used.
>>
>>962825
Here seems be be another picture of those kinds of bikes. Except these actually seem to use nicer frames.

It seems the rules of that kind racing are:

Steel bike, because I see lots of shitty steel bikes, no garbon or aluminum.

Single speed, because they're all single speed.

Fat tires or fat tires are just needed because of dirt.

36-spoke wheels, or at least 32, I don't care to count.

No racing dropbars/aerobars, because that's pretty much the only reason why bullhorns would be ubiquitous. Drops aren't any more expensive than bullhorns, and they already have drop bar levers.

It appears some use old steel frames for this. Others in the spirit of riding shitty bikes, just get shitty bikes. If there's very little climbing, the weight will barely matter.

I don't read/speak Mexican, but I don't think it's what you imply at all. Those racers seem like serious cyclists, they're just conforming to the rules, or the spirit of a certain kind of race that requires a certain kind of non-racing bike, like NJS keirin racing, mamachari racing, brompton racing, trike racing, little 500, etc.
>>
>>962368
>I get passed by older guys on nice bikes all the time and I just can't catch them and that makes me so angry that I ball up my widdle fists and throw a fit!
GIT GUD
>>
>>962723
Hating on other people because they have better stuff than you is funny? I don't get the joke.
>>
Now i really want a mexican trollbike
>>
>>962826
CDMX, he tenido un buen de ganas de irme del DF a Pachuca y subir para Real del Monte. Se ve que esta sabrosa esa subida.

>>962827
I love the fact that he isn't wearing anything that even barely resembles a kit and he carries his radio in a plastic bag. Respect.

>>962846
yes those are basically the rules but still, those kind of races exist because it's the most affordable ones for people who leave in small villages, where this kind of races are organized and where people use this kind of bikes to move around when they can't afford a car. I have never seen one of these races in the city, where it's way more common to ride gran fondos and those kind of self-congratulatory events where you pay to get a shiny new medal
>>
>>962857
But all the serious riders are still wearing $$$ kit. These are people that would otherwise be riding $$$ road bikes if they weren't riding or training for this kind of race.
>>
File: what.jpg (73 KB, 402x707) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
73 KB, 402x707
>>962814
This is fucking crazy. I'm looking at the site now and they promote races without any specification, one would think they'd put something like "Mexican SS alleycat" or similar, but no, it's simply "a race". Never even knew of such category before, or the reasoning behind it. I mean this guy's frame has two top tubes, why?

One more thing to love about bikes.
>>
>>962860
even the camera costs at least 10 of those bikes
>>
>>962874
>>962856
>>962846
>>962825
>>962814

I want one.
>>
>>962874
>>962875
>>962879
Dayum, I need to head down to Mexico some time and sign up for races. Looks fun as fuck desu, and not like pretentious hipstershit alleycats, and less supersrs than a categorized road race.
>>
>>962471
Depends how much better the guy on the OTS is
>>
>>962814

Cycling Race Champion's Route Video

Huejonapan Puebla

The rider is Facundo Rosas Galeana.
>>
>>962658
You might think it was faster since you don't ride much, but it isn't. I know because I've timed it
>based as hell
You need to be at least eighteen years old to post here
>>
>>962857
O la subida a los frailes, esa igual está sabrosona y más segura. Igual estoy esperando una interestatal df-pachuca, a ver si ahorita en vacaciones se hace una.
>>
>>962874
the clearance between the tire and the fork fuck
>>
File: colnago.jpg (228 KB, 778x526) Image search: [Google]
colnago.jpg
228 KB, 778x526
where to cop
how much pesos
>>
my roommate bought a $2500 dh bike from rei so he could ride the trails around here and lose weight. everyday he's drunk by the time work is over and eats garbage till he passes out halfway through the first movie. it's a nice bike
>>
>>962816
its actually a video lmao
>>
I was just I. Mexico and wide tires are a must because the pads are shit. most serious riders I saw seemed to be commuting on nice mountaimbikes. I guess parts used to be real expensive to import there but now there's a bunch of bmx companies selling catalog Taiwanese parts for like less than half the typical us price for something comparable. so you would see a bunch of youth able to afford half decent bikes
>>
the roads are shit*
>>
>>962932
that just made me feel really bad for your roommate
>>
>>962403
>he thinks $2000 is a lot to spend on a bike
>>
File: 1346291098023.jpg (5 KB, 159x160) Image search: [Google]
1346291098023.jpg
5 KB, 159x160
>>963050
i'm holding a deck of magic cards worth more than that
>>
>>962388
Reddit claims 12mph avg is "actually pretty brisk"

How do they stay on the bike at less than 14mph?
>>
>>963052
>worth more than that
*I spent more than that on

FTFY
>>
>>962908
>tfw there is no crank arms
>>
>>963083
worth
wərTH/Submit
adjective
equivalent in value to the sum or item specified.
"jewelry worth $450 was taken"
noun
the value equivalent to that of someone or something under consideration; the level at which someone or something deserves to be valued or rated.
"they had to listen to every piece of gossip and judge its worth"

I feel like he would have no problem selling his card for the same amount he bought it at, considering he probably took care of it and put it in a sleeve and shit

you try getting more than like, half of the MSRP for a bike you're trying to sell. I can go on craigslist right now and find people selling bikes the claim to have bought for $2500 for like, $700
>>
>>963083
i bought all the duals in 1996 while they were still 5-20 bux each (muh allowance). the fetches, etc. were all standard/type-2 cards at one point. the only cards that weren't standard/t2 at any point are flusterstorm, true-name nemesis and toxic deluge off the top of my head.
>>
>>962814
RAD
A
D

looks so fun
>>
File: 1463188163731.jpg (130 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
1463188163731.jpg
130 KB, 832x690
>>962814
That frame has so many flames it started melting
>>
>>962830
How can i tell youre a Sanders supporter
>>
>>963142
He's clearly a make bicycles great again retard
>>
>>963088
There are, they just have the same graphic as the rest of it. You can see the black pedal under the cage and see where it covers the crank.
>>
>>962471
Probably. Alu isn't bad at all and can be light, and steel is pretty real.
>>
>>962477
Kill yourself.
>>
>>962471
Eddy merckx rode on Steelbikes and rode an everage about ~39km/h, while the current top elistists cyclist barely touch the 40km/h with their carbonbikes
>>
>>962558
I would fuck that integrated seatpost if it was wide enough and carbon splinters weren't a thing
>>
>>962908
That thing looks like toothpaste
>>
File: images.png (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.png
5 KB, 259x194
>>963153
Last TdF won with a steel frame was '94, what i find interesting is how it's only after carbon fiber was introduced that the ascending trend stopped. But maybe that trend has nothing to do with the frames used and is really a function of the doping evolution, considering it was after 2000 that doping controls became more strict, effectively halting this growth trend.
>>
>>963208
You do realize the courses aren't the same every year, right?
>>
>>964455
that doesn't explain the overall trend of increasing average speed through the years, unless TdF is getting less hilly year by year
>>
>>964766
its shorter and teams go hard from the start now

even 5 years ago stages were much more relaxed in the beginning
>>
File: imgres.png (6 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
imgres.png
6 KB, 230x219
>>963208
>considering it was after 2000 that doping controls became more strict

2000's

strict doping controls

2000's
>>
>>963208
You do realize there's a huge jump from when it stopped being a fixiefag race
>>
>>
File: _no u.png (29 KB, 559x406) Image search: [Google]
_no u.png
29 KB, 559x406
>>968522
>>
File: 1434317125538.jpg (17 KB, 263x263) Image search: [Google]
1434317125538.jpg
17 KB, 263x263
Seoul is the ultimate fred-city.
I was there for 10 days and the amount of freds is disturbing. Expensive bikes but they are all slow as fuck. It is more of a fashion tool for them.
>>
>>968556
Sounds typically asian
>>
File: DSC05723.jpg (1 MB, 1965x1306) Image search: [Google]
DSC05723.jpg
1 MB, 1965x1306
>>968562
Japan (or tokyo) is more bike friendly and has more casual cyclists. The amount of women with kids on their bikes is astonishing.

That's probably due to sidewalk cycling being legal, but these people are riding mamacharis so they aren't blowing past you at blazing speeds.
>>
I've only ever seen one fred where I live. By that I mean a fat cyclist in Lycra and on a nice bike. Everyone else I've seen riding here is slender and fit. There are lots of fat people but they stick to their cages.
>>
File: 403851840.jpg (21 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
403851840.jpg
21 KB, 211x246
Why the snob factor?

What sort of specialized knowledge does one have to acquire to be a non-Fred?

Really, cunts, biking is accessible to anyone. There's no barriers to entry but a bike. Older guys can afford better bikes.

So why are you pretending like you studied theoretical physics for 20 years? It's a fucking bike that uses some alloy parts...
>>
>>968703
Every subculture tends to have 'poseurs'. People who superficially attempt to conform but are seen as illegitimate by other members of the subculture.
Freds (and hipsters) are seen a the cycling world's equivalent.
>>
>>962846
This is so fucking based. DONT BUILD WALL
>>
>>962383
this one's my favorite fred photo
>>
>>968717
Fixed gear trend was ~2008. Any 'hipsters' from back then have had enough time to become reasonably serious cyclists.
>>
>>968729
Fair enough.
>>
MORE PICS
>>
>>968729
They didn't, they hopped onto the next un-cool thing, whatever that was. White male self-hate maybe.
>>
>>962908
> Colnago
More like Colgate

> The distance between the saddle and the brakes
What freak of nature would fit on this?
>>
>>968729
>>969108

I was a late to the bandwagon fixed gear hipster.
am now a moderately fast casual with a number of bikes, some have gears
>>
>>962592
He did it on purpose because the backpack prevents him from wearing it the other way around
>>
>>969145
How do you ride a bike without gears?
>>
>>969525
>>
>>969112
That's how tobsee if it's a manlet bike anything 48-54 ish in size has almost horizontal brakes

Not going to lie but my size 52 frames have some sideways looking calipers :'(
>>
>>962814

That fucking doge at 12:20. Fearless
>>
>>968658
where do you live?
>>
>>962383
>ride a TT bike in full aero kit
>adopt the least aero riding position you can
>>
>>968657
Holy shit, that bike with tiny wheels is great. I want one for for grocery-getter.
>>
>>962668
Where dis?
You inna cotswolds?
>>
>>962383
...i'm kinda impressed that he has a literal slammed stem
>>
>>969529
Now THAT is hipster.
>>
File: niggerbabby.jpg (27 KB, 236x264) Image search: [Google]
niggerbabby.jpg
27 KB, 236x264
>>962477
STOP. POSTING.
>>
What is a fred
-newfriend
>>
>>969880
It's a name, retard. My name is Josh, so you could say I'm a Josh.
>>
>>969880
https://biskey7.wordpress.com/2011/04/02/bicycling-are-you-a-fred/
>>
>>962368
Hahaha porkchop in spandex on a nice bike thinking he could reach the fitness of his younger days - hahaha.

Actually that could have been pic of myself.
>>
>>969889
Well I ride at 25 km/h. Does that make me a fred? I actually held my own against some lycra clad team jersey cyclists on the last stretch of my ride. Granted, they might have already gone twice as far as me.
>>
>>962578
>Tsunami

Holy shit it's been awhile since I heard that name

Those frames were the shit in 2004
>>
>>969928
Meh at least he's trying fagboy
>>
>>969940
The point i want to make by linking that article all the time is that 'Fred' has so many different, often completely opposite to each other, uses to make it almost meaningless.

But /n/ tends to use it equivalently to 'poser'.
>>
>>969979
>equivalently to 'poser'
That's my understanding. I have nice bikes but I don't pretend to be good.
>>
>>969981
>I have nice bikes but I don't pretend to be good.
>I have nice bikes
Fred enough for /n/. You're not allowed to have nice bikes unless you're racing in the world tour.
>>
>>970002
Also let's not forget that anything better than a $300 schwinn from 1983 is fred bullshit that you definitely don't need, but nothing short of a wilier zero 7 is acceptable if you DARE buy a bike that isn't made of gaspipe steel, like seriously what kind of poorfag are you
>>
>>970002
lmao
>>
>>962645
>>962621
I average 15-17 mph in the city, philly. But your point is right. It is slower than a path. Even running as many reds as you can, there's more real shit to slow you down than on a trail where you can mostly just vocally warn and fly on by.
>>
File: 201163949.jpg (55 KB, 553x484) Image search: [Google]
201163949.jpg
55 KB, 553x484
>>970002
Spot on
>>
>>962471
alot of criteriums are won by messengers on old steel frames, carbons don't finish in the top 10's
or so is the deal in my country
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.