[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to buy pic related for about 90$ What do you guys think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: 486456428.jpg (120 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
486456428.jpg
120 KB, 960x540
I want to buy pic related for about 90$

What do you guys think? I'd definitely give the frame some work but everything else works perfectly.
>>
File: 1435879026206.gif (4 MB, 303x171) Image search: [Google]
1435879026206.gif
4 MB, 303x171
>fixie
>>
>>958837
It can be a single speed... with hub brake.
>>
>>958837
Are you suggesting he should get a fixie instead of pic related?
>>
File: puños.jpg (25 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
puños.jpg
25 KB, 500x500
>>958830
I think it's a good Price for that bike. Maybe you will want to change the handle bar for ergonomics. I mean, a flat bar with ergo shit (pic) will do, but other guys here will reccomend drops.
What purposes are you keeping in mind for this bike? I'm not sure you dont know what are you buying. I tell because hub brake in rear Wheel. Maybe you will want to add a rim brake in rear Wheel and rid off that hub brake. But if you really want the hub brake, there are no more observations to do.
>>
>>958837
It's a single speed m8
>>
>>958843
Well I was mainly looking for a basic road bike, preferably single speed (I really prefer low maintenance). As for the hub brake, it's not something I really wanted but I'm okay with it. I might replace it with a rim brake some time if I can't get used to it, though.

As for the handle bar, I really would've preferred drops like you mentioned, but it's not my biggest concern. Might see if I can replace it for little money and if not, so be it.
>>
>>958848
implying fixies aren't singlespeed by default because SINGLE FUCKING SPEED ONE FUCKING FIXED GEAR
>>
>>958859
Except that fixies don't have a freewheel mechanism, the bicycle I posted does.

Hence, not a fixie.
>>
>>958859
You can see the coaster brake clamp right there because

>non drive side pic
>>
$90 isn't too bad. Deep dish rims like that are really sturdy and really heavy compared to a more shallow rim wall.

Also:
Singlespeed-implies a freewheel
"Fixie"- implies a direct drive or fixed gear cog.

You guys will argue over anything
>>
>>958889
>Deep dish rims like that are really sturdy and really heavy compared to a more shallow rim wall

I kinda like that I guess, the bike seems really light to me anyway
>>
>>958889
>Deep dish
>>
>>958830
Nice troll thread, shitter
>>
I am HIV positive that chain ring isn't even a 46t fucking skellies man

bikes not worth 90$ and what kind of mong puts a coaster hub on a fucking deep V rim
>>
>>958930>>958930
>what kind of mong puts a coaster hub on a fucking deep V rim

>what kind of mong puts a coaster hub on a road frame

>what kind of mong puts a riser bar on a road frame

>what kind of mong makes a singlespeed bike out of a road bike

>what kind of mong puts panniers on anything else than a touring bike

>what kind of mong puts road tyres on a mtb

>what kind of mong puts anything which is not native to the breed of bikes it's being put on

>what kind of mong rides a road bike casually dressed

>what kind of mong rides a commuter bike in lycra

>what kind of mong does not colormatch his bar tape and seat

>what kind of mong makes pics of his bike with valves not placed at 3pm (or whatever)

enjoy your conformism, übertube
>>
>>958968
There are some unconventional things that are innovative. Some that are practical. Some that are just stupid. And some that are
>I GUESS you could do that. But WHY?
>>
File: Pizza-bike.jpg (189 KB, 710x584) Image search: [Google]
Pizza-bike.jpg
189 KB, 710x584
>>958918
>>
>>958930
>deep V rim
looks too deep to be a Deep V
>>
>>958996
That looks tasty and fast at the same time. Too bad it is just shopped
>>
>>958979
so much this anon, so much this.

>But WHY?
everyone who has built something which may seem weird or stupid to someone has his own reasons:

>why upside down dropbars?
because spine problems

>why something like >>948840 ?
because a he needed a beater and built it out from whatever he had at hand

>why tallbikes or other freakbikes?
because fuck you, why not

>why huge travel dh fork on a xc bike?
>why aerospoke on a average-tier fixie?
because that's his understanding of "swag"

>why picrelated?
umm.... well, I give up on this one
>>
>>959011
Oh! I remember that one. We had such laughs about it here on /n/ a few years back.
>>
File: 700c-pizza-disc-10740_4[1].jpg (290 KB, 940x705) Image search: [Google]
700c-pizza-disc-10740_4[1].jpg
290 KB, 940x705
I see no bicycles in your picture, OP.

>>958889
Strength in a wheel comes from the spokes over the rims. See DH wheels for evidence.

And I have a sudden urge for pizza.
>>
File: s3x.jpg (28 KB, 600x410) Image search: [Google]
s3x.jpg
28 KB, 600x410
>>958859
>Implying all fixies are single speed
>>
>>958889
>Singlespeed-implies a freewheel
Implying it does. Most single speeds are fixed.

>"Fixie"- implies a direct drive or fixed gear cog.
No it doesn't: it states it outright.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.