[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm starting to look for a new nicer bike this year with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: noseless saddle.jpg (17 KB, 236x311) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
noseless saddle.jpg
17 KB, 236x311
I'm starting to look for a new nicer bike this year with a 1000-1700 euro price range. What should I look?, high end alu with high specs (ultegra), or low end with lower specs (tiagra and maybe 105)?.
>>
>>958476
Caad 12
>>
old ten speed
>>
>>958476
cannondale 3.0 or 2.8 w/ cantilevered dropouts; build up to suit
>>
>>958476
If your mind is set on that price range, definitely go Fuji. A transonic will come with ultra shifting and oval cranks for 1400~ swap those for ultra cranks and you have a monster for 1650 plus tax
>>
>>958476
Fuji transonic is fill carbon, to the steerer tube, for 1400. Don't waste money on prestigious brand name
>>
CANYON
A
N
Y
O
N
>>
File: image.png (71 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
71 KB, 300x300
>>958667
When canyon is cool but you get free cannondale frames
>>
R E S A L E
E
S
A
L
E

V A L U E
A
L
U
E
>>
>>958476
one thing to specify is if you want racing geometry or endurance geometry. Endurance is obviously more comfortable for long rides, racing is more twitchy and agile.
>>
>>958479
this

>>958476
you can always upgrade components, so you should prioritize frameset quality
>>
>>958766
You can always upgrade frames too.
>>
For that price range try rose or decathlon.
>>
Trek 1500 slr
>>
>>958812
A trek bike for 1500 comes with what, 9 speed alivio or 10 speed tiagra? Trek is fuckin expensive. Op started the thread very specifically with a price range. All you guys are suggestion expensive ass fucking bikes.
>>
>>958852
I found mine for 600$ with new TT clip one included in the box unopened it also comes with shimano 105 9 speed
Are you blatantly retarted, take 2 seconds of Google to look the the price NEW is 1000$ on the lowest end of OP's price range, genuis
>>
>>958856
You seriously just tried to claim that 9 speed 105 is better than either of the group's I just mentioned.

> octalink bottom bracket
>52/39 cranks
>12/25
> non hooded brake cables

Shimano rolls their group sets down every generation. Anthony vintage 9 speed other than dura ace is a fucking throw away at this point.

You seriously think a bike from the mother fucking 1990s is with 900$ that's going to be a low end frame from 20 years ago with low end components, and you think that's on par with a full carbon transonic with 11 speed 105 for only 200 more? Do you know anything about anything?
>>
>>958856
Msrp is abb inflated price so that the dealer can mark the price down. You absolutely are the average gullible consumer.
>>
>>958857
It was made in
2007 do you have the the inability to look at 226 kb image for 3 goddamn seconds, did I say it was better than anything else posted, I just stated their number of gears it has
>>958858
You probably got me there
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at imagescucc@gmail.com with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.