[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /n/ im staying with my grandparents until tomorrow. They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10
File: 1463796083813453901083.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
1463796083813453901083.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Hey /n/ im staying with my grandparents until tomorrow. They have a 90s mountanbike and a 80s urban bike, i just took pic related out of the mountainbike, any other thinga i could use? Also bike scavenging general i guess
>>
File: LANCEPOSTING.jpg (471 KB, 1992x1492) Image search: [Google]
LANCEPOSTING.jpg
471 KB, 1992x1492
A trashcan, to put those in
>>
>>958179
You're gonna feel really good about yourself when your grandparents get hit by a car, just cause you had to steal 10 cents worth of plastic from your elderly grandparents.
>>
Damn, nice swag. I bet the bikes also have great pie plates you could swipe as well.
>>
>>958191
hahahaha im not stealing, they gave me permission to dismantle their bikes because the havent rode one in 25+ years
>>
Throw those away, they make your bike looking ugly and serve no particular use, on a mtb they just become trail litter as soon as you hit some faster bumps.

Unless you often ride at night, then cover your bike with reflective shit.
>>
If you are gonna ride at night, get a reflective jacket and a proper rear light.
>>
hey guys i just found this abandoned by the highway. should i restore it and use it? or sell it to some collectionist or something?

im not sure how good of a bike will it be compared to modern ones
>>
File: stzvo.png (37 KB, 700x328) Image search: [Google]
stzvo.png
37 KB, 700x328
If you don't ride at night, those things are useless. If you do, they are kinda nice to have, but are not nearly enough. It is not safe or courteous without real lights front and back, preferably dyno powered, and non of that flashing bullshit.
>Citation: every other road vehicle anywhere ever.
>>
File: jannolten1953.jpg (292 KB, 1565x1227) Image search: [Google]
jannolten1953.jpg
292 KB, 1565x1227
>>958627
>none of that flashing bullshit
Germans plz go
>>
/r/ing the picture of the bike with a rear wheel completely filled with reflectors
>>
>>958558
thanks guys you sure are useful
>>
File: freddy.jpg (59 KB, 600x904) Image search: [Google]
freddy.jpg
59 KB, 600x904
>>958986
>he's bumping on /n/
>>
>>958986
Fine.

Restore it the best you can, and ride it, if you need a bike. Otherwise, chuck it.
>>
i feel this thread is a good idea, badly excecuted, but lets give it a try.

so anon, tell us about scavenging experience, questions, etc... whats the most awesome thing that youve found on the trash/street/dump?
>>
>>958558
Tfw 4chan members are stealing ghost bikes or stealing bikes from accident scenes to flip on Craigslist
>>
in my aparment complex there is a bike that looks like it hasnt been used in years, it has a nice prostate seat. should i steal the seat?
>>
File: clean.jpg (343 KB, 1101x1043) Image search: [Google]
clean.jpg
343 KB, 1101x1043
>>959938
If you can verify that it has been abandoned, then sure go for it, take the whole bike.

>>959398
>the most awesome thing that youve found on the trash/street/dump?
A couple years ago I was riding home and saw this bike leaning up against a garbage can outside a house. Rang the doorbell, asked if I could take it, cleaned it up and got $60 for it (that's all it was worth, it may look pretty but this bike weighed at least 40 pounds and the brakes and derailers might as well have been made of tin foil).
>>
>>959411
Have you been on a ghost bike ride? Not sure if your state does them differently but here we paint ALL of it white.
>>
>>959948
You're not supposed to ride the ghost bike.
>>
>>959411
it isnt a ghostbike xDD
>>958558
and i figured in gonna restore it and gift it to my friend, shes gonna love it
>>
>>959944
fucking awesome man
>>958558
heavy af and girl bike, wouldnt recomend

(pic related) i need help, any idea how this would look like when restored?
>>
>>958558
desu buddy, the only thing that looks salvageable from that thing is the frameset and even that is fucked if the seatpost is seized. You're going to end up dropped hundreds to get it looking nice.
>>
>>959398
Scavenged a BSO that dad got from his work for being with them for 25 years. The only things worth taking were the rims, cables, and seat. everything else was trash on it.
>>
File: 312626213_466ba0e9af.jpg (122 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
312626213_466ba0e9af.jpg
122 KB, 500x333
>>960626
Looks like you have a Stingray. (Or something modeled after it.)
I highly recommend, so much fun.

A trash girl's Stingray, which we spray painted green over the pink, was my first serious bike and I rode that shit all over the fucking place.

Gonna suck to ride as an adult; small frame, tiny wheels, and one shitty gear, but you can still fuck around with it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.