[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://imgur.com/a/OM8EB I bought this bike a month or two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: dent.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
dent.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
http://imgur.com/a/OM8EB

I bought this bike a month or two ago, $300 canadian mostly ultegra 6600 parts. It has some carbon integrated into the frame but none of that seems to be damaged in anyway. Was stupid and didn't pay enough attention to notice any of the dents when I first got it.

I'm guessing the one with the nickle in the picture is from a crash and the one on the underside of the downtube is from a bike rack.
>>
>>955799
RIP frame

Tubing is strong because it is consistent shape in modern AL frames. The dent in OP would be enough for me to scrap the frame. I saw 3 more serious dents in the imgur link.
>>
>>955810
so the frame is fucked?

Not sure what you mean by seeing 3 more serious dents. There's a shadow that makes it look like there's another one in my op pic.
>>
Meh, not that bad.

The location in which the dents are located are not enough to compromise the frame desu.
>>
>>955812
The bottom of OP appears to be a dent from the 2nd and 3rd images in imgur. I would scrap the frame based off of OP alone.
>>
File: IMG_20160513_222238.jpg (631 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160513_222238.jpg
631 KB, 3264x2448
>>955815

Here's a better picture. I ripped of the fucked up decal. I don't see another dent.
>>
>>955817
I stand corrected.

I would still not ride the frame.
>>
>>955799
Riding that frame is more dangerous than riding chinese garbon. That hit it's pretty big, and there is something weird in that bottom bracket, maybe they are just scratches, or maybe not, it looks like the frame received a really big crash.
>>
It's a big crash m8. Doesn't seem TERRIFICALLY DANGEROUS but still that's the kind of shit for which you can absolutely destroy the price of a used bike. So you surely really overpaid for this and you're not going to be able to sell it for any decent value.
>>
if you love the hospital keep riding this bike
>>
Do a low speed aggressive bhop and ride over a curb, if it doesn't break it's fine lmao. Everyone in here is rich as fuck and has never actually fucking used an object that is damaged. It's fucking metal. Would you freak out if you saw a dent in the pole of a swing set you were swinging on...? Basically if you get on it and fucking bhop pretty high at around 5mph for a while and it holds up you are fine.
>>
>>955960
Pretty much this. If it was immediately dangerous it'd give you some warning - flexing, noises, that sort of stuff. Or get much worse with little abuse as this anon pointed out.
>>
>>955960
Just do this please.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.