[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wan't to try unicycling. What unicycle would be best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 34317747-mjs_unicycle_nws_kwg_1.jpg (844 KB, 2048x1609) Image search: [Google]
34317747-mjs_unicycle_nws_kwg_1.jpg
844 KB, 2048x1609
I wan't to try unicycling.

What unicycle would be best to start out with? A 20" or a 24"?

I wan't a bike that is good for learning, but also capable to do tricks and jumping (not drops).

I am 170 cm (about 5.6 feet) and my inseams are about 30 inches.
>>
>>>/asp/
>>>/toy/
>>
>>950691
Done and done.
>>
File: 29.jpg (192 KB, 864x648) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
192 KB, 864x648
I learned on this 26" but I wanted to be able to take it places after I got the hang of it. If you're purely in it for the tricks, probably a 20". Just know it will be ridiculously slow.
>>
>>950718
I want one I can ride with around town (it's a small town) but also have some fun with in a small area doing very simple tricks (no high drops/jumps, grinding etc.)
>>
>>950725
If you're going anywhere at least get a 24", honestly 26" even feels small now that I've been riding a while. Learning to balance on a larger wheel takes a little more effort supposedly but I wouldn't know.
>>
>>950727
So, bigger wheel bigger speed. Got it.
>>
>>950729
1:1 ratio so yep
>>
>>950731
http://www.unicycle.uk.com/clubmuni24blk.html

I was thinking maybe this one. I will not be taking it mountain unicycling at first, but at least i know it is sturdy.

Thoughts?
>>
>>950736
http://www.unicycle.uk.com/19-impact-athmos-unicycle.html

Or this.
>>
>>950736
That 24" looks pretty decent actually, better than what most people start on
>>
>>950762
Thanks for your input
>>
>>950676
24". You can get anywhere you need decently and still feel like you look cool. And your legs are decently long enough you can pull some crazy spinny jummpy tricks.

Torker is the best brand. The thing will last forever, and your kids can ride it when that time comes which is always cool.

Seat will get chewed up from dropping it, thats okay you can buy a new one, and the cranks strip super easy on all unicycles if you dont put the cranks on right so just learn how to maintain.

They are hilarious and a good conversation starter, you will NEVER get as fast as a bike, but for around school, or to get to a library, the shit is rad and way cooler than a skateboard.
>>
My old neighbor used to ride his unicycle a mile to the gas station and then ride home with a case of beer. Bretty cool guy.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.