[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just SI autist's new forced shitposting? I notice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: si_petit.jpg (57 KB, 150x212) Image search: [Google]
si_petit.jpg
57 KB, 150x212
Is it just SI autist's new forced shitposting? I notice a distinct lack of SI autism now that he is focused on trying to force a new meme.
>>
>>950007
you mean downtubing? the first time I saw someone called a downtube it was kind of funny but everything is "downtubing" or "downtubed" now
>>
>>950007
The SI faggot is a fucking downtube.
>>950012
Once the hype dies down, it will be less frequent and more just a natural part of discourse on /n/.
>>
OP is a downtuber
>>
>>950020

There's no hype to die down, and no, it will not become a natural part of any discourse anywhere.

>>950007

It's just one deeply autistic samefag.
>>
>>950505
>deeply autistic
I lol'd but no I'm not a samefag, many people are referring to downtubes as downtubes, you downtubing downtuber.
>>
I refuse to believe that the glorious knight of proper SI usage and the downtube-forcing douche are the same person.
>>
>>950512
He is an incompetent retard though. He tells people to 're-read' a broschure that they haven't even read once. Therefore, the use of the term 're-read' is erroneous. The SI fucktard is a downtuber.
>>
>>950514

Clearly he's giving everybody the benefit of the doubt, instead of just jumping to conclusions about whether or not they've bothered to read it.

The benevolent SI knight is a friendly reminder, why would he be rude about it?
>>
>>950521
No, he's making false assumptions. Saying "Please read the SI broschure" does not make any assumption as to whether or not the person in question has already done so, while saying "Please re-read the SI broschure" does. Further, assuming that someone has already read it is kind of the opposite of giving them the benefit of the doubt, since it is suggesting that they continue to fail to correctly use SI units and SI notation despite the fact that they have already been educated on it.
What's worse: Someone who is completely new to cycling and can't adjust a derailleur, or someone who has read every single article on Sheldon Brown's website 20 times over and still can't adjust a derailleur?
Protip: The latter is a full on downtuber.
>>
>>950012
>the first time I saw someone called a downtube it was kind of funny
I suppose if you find that "lol so randum xD" shit funny. Personally I find it as funny as calling someone a bottle cage i.e. not at all.

Regarding the SI brochure guy, most of the time his complaints are incorrect. I've had him call me out a few times and gave him the courtesy of actually reading the brochure, although he refuses to clarify his complaints (because they're wrong) the brochure rarely mentions anything which could be relevant to the particular posts.
>>
>>950596
I think 'bottle cage' actually sounds funnier.
But it's not like calling someone a Fred is much better, and that seems to have stuck.
>>
>>950605
Well Fred actually has a meaning behind it, a definition that can't be expressed in just one other word. As far as I can tell "downtuber" doesn't have a specific meaning and is just interchanged with other words like idiot or moron.
>>
>>950617
It does?
>>
>>950620
Well, the exact definition can vary slightly. It's basically someone who has a bike that's beyond their needs, like a fat fuck on a high end TT bike in full lycra, often setup poorly.
>>
>>950622
Doesn't it also mean the complete opposite? Like a full bearded older gentleman who smokes you on a beach cruiser wearing a cardigan?
>>
>>950625
Not as far as I know, I've never seen anyone use it in that context.
>>
File: fred.jpg (155 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
fred.jpg
155 KB, 612x612
>>950596
>calling someone a bottle cage
That's actually pretty funny though.
>>950622
The term downtube is the same way, it's not perfectly defined but it can mean idiot, fred, casual, etc. It's a fairly broad/generic insult but used fairly specifically in the context of cycling.
>>950625
No, that's not a fred. Pic related is a downtubing fred.
>>
>>950625
The problem with the term fred is it used to have a meaning because club cyclists would use it among themselves. But then people called freds started calling other people freds without knowing what it mean and thought it was just a general cycling pejorative. Then adult cycling dwindled, MTB almost kills off traditional cycling clubs and cycling tradition, and you get a new wave of cyclists who take on more after freds than club cyclists, and they learn the wrong definition of fred, and because of changing times, fred doesn't mean what it used to mean
>>
>>950838
>The term downtube is the same way, it's not perfectly defined but it can mean idiot, fred, casual, etc.
> It's a fairly broad/generic insult but used fairly specifically in the context of cycling.
That's not specific at all, those three words all mean very different things and using one single word to replace them is retarded.

Don't try and argue what it means because it doesn't mean anything, it's just one sad person trying to force a meme. It's the same as if I tried to claim there was some sort of meaning behind calling someone a bottlecage. There is no meaning, it's just random nonsense.
>>
>>950845
Words only have meaning because they are given meaning through use and 'downtube' has now been given meaning through use, so fuck you you downtubing downtuber.
>>
>>950851
I refuse to accept that one single retard be given this much power over language.
>>
>>950904
Every word is invented by one person, you fucking downtube.
>>
>>950905
The word has already existed for a long time and has a universally accepted definition. One person can't just decide that the word means something different, that's not how shit works.

If you think it does then I hereby declare that calling someone a downtube means to show homosexual attraction to them, feel free to use it as much as you like.
>>
>>950920
>The word has already existed for a long time and has a universally accepted definition. One person can't just decide that the word means something different, that's not how shit works.
Are you downtubing retarded? A word can have several definitions.
>If you think it does then I hereby declare that calling someone a downtube means to show homosexual attraction to them, feel free to use it as much as you like.
Declaring that an action means something has fuck-nothing to do with defining a word or making a new definition for a word, fucktard. You went full fucking downtube.
>>
>>950929
>Are you downtubing retarded? A word can have several definitions.
Sure, but a single person can't just decide that an already established word means something entirely different.

>Declaring that an action means something has fuck-nothing to do with defining a word or making a new definition for a word
It seems like you're the retard here. I was declaring a new definition for the word, just like the sad little meme forcer has been trying to do. His definition (yours?) is no more valid than mine.
>>
>>951008
>It seems like you're the retard here. I was declaring a new definition for the word, just like the sad little meme forcer has been trying to do.
Are you seriously this incompetent or are you playing dumb to not have to admit defeat.
>I hereby declare that calling someone a downtube means to show homosexual attraction to them
That's not defining a word you absolute fucktard. That's defining an action (the action of calling someone a downtube). If you are too fucking incompetent to grasp the difference between that and defining a word then there is no hope for you.
>>
>>951146
>That's not defining a word you absolute fucktard. That's defining an action
No. If it's too hard for you to understand substitute downtube for handsome, sexy, fit, or any other similar positive adjective.
>>
>>950012
>>950020
>>950503
>>950511
>>950522
>>950838
>>950851
>>950905
>>950929
>>951148
Please, stop. It's really sad to see someone wasting so much time and effort by trying to force a meme on /n/. This is a slow board. It's really obvious that it's you trying to force this unfunny shit.

Memes are used a lot because they're funny, not the other way around. Even if you type "downtube" a thousand times in a fit of autistic anger, it won't make it a meme or funny. And of course, it won't change the fucking definition of the word, you absolute mongoloid.

Now go to /o/ and say that everyone is an "intercooler", or something like that. Hah, you are just a fucking intercooler! Can't you change a flat tire? Are you an intercooler or something?
Or maybe you could go to /g/ and call everyone a keyboard! Wouldn't that be hilarious? Even better, you could raid /k/ and call everyone a bullet!! That would really meme' them up!! xDDD
This is how mentally challenged you sound.
>>
>>951167
Found the intercooler.
>>
>>951148
Except when a word is used, what matters is what the user of the word means, not what someone else uses that word to mean, fucktard. You can refer to attractive men as downtubes all you like, but when I use the word downtube, I am referring to idiots and freds, not attractive men, so that makes you the homosexual downtuber, not me. Do you even fucking logic?
>>
>>951231
>when I use the word downtube, I am referring to idiots and freds
Like I said, you're free to use it in that way. That doesn't mean the rest of us are going to accept that definition though just like you don't accept mine, thus we'll just think you're a retard instead.
>>
>>951242
That's fine obviously, but you're still a fucking moron for thinking that defining a word is the same as defining an action. Fucktard.
>>
>>951244
> thinking that defining a word is the same as defining an action
I didn't, it just seems you don't understand basic English. I suppose that's to be expected from someone trying to redefine an already established word in an effort to become popular with anonymous people on the internet.
>>
>>951242
That definition is more widespread than the "attractive man" definition, so other people are likely to assume downtube means idiot, not attractive man.
>>
>>951262
>That definition is more widespread than the "attractive man" definition
Marginally. No one else has actually accepted that definition, you're just trying to force it. I think this is one of the first threads in which someone has actually attempted to define it, all the other mentions have just been an idiot calling someone else it.

>so other people are likely to assume downtube means idiot
Nope. People will either assume its accepted definition (a part of a bicycle frame) or just think the user of the word is mentally challenged.
>>
>>951248
You again defy basic logic, not only because you fail to realize that you did try to define an action, but also because you think that this is an attempt to become famous on the Internet when the term downtube is mainly used by people posting as anon, taking no personal credit. You must be new around 4chan. I would say welcome, but I'd prefer that you go back to Redddit.
>>951269
>No one else has actually accepted that definition, you're just trying to force it.
A lot of people are using it (and I'm not the anon you replied to in that post).
>just think the user of the word is mentally challenged.
You're mentally challenged you fucking downtuber.
>>
>>951276
>you fail to realize that you did try to define an action
Nope.

>ou think that this is an attempt to become famous on the Internet when the term downtube is mainly used by people posting as anon, taking no personal credit
Hey, I'm not the retard that's trying to do it.

>A lot of people are using it
Nope.

>You're mentally challenged
And you're a fucking bottlecage, go suck a dick.
>>
File: 1460246477107.jpg (12 KB, 344x315) Image search: [Google]
1460246477107.jpg
12 KB, 344x315
>>951276
>A lot of people are using it
Look at this fucking bottlecage, look at him and laugh.
>>
File: jjjlol3.jpg (30 KB, 799x534) Image search: [Google]
jjjlol3.jpg
30 KB, 799x534
>>951409
>bottlecage
Nice insult, downtuber!
>>
>>950522
The fact that they someone is using SI units, prefixes and unit symbols indicates that they have read the SI Brochure or some facsimile thereof
>>
>>953728
No it doesn't fucktard. SI didn't fucking invent the fucking metric system you incompetent fucking downtube and I fucking guarantee that well over fucking 90% (probably over 99.9%) of people who use metric have never fucking read or even seen a fucking SI broschure. An fucking hero, incompetent fucktard.
>>
>>953728
Wut? That information is freely available all over the place, unless you'd consider Wikipedia's metric system articles to be "some facsimile of the SI brochure". I've been using metric for years and didn't hear of any such thing as a SI brochure until I came to this board.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.