[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today it fucking happened, bros. My bike which I saved for one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: angryface322.jpg (6 KB, 200x271) Image search: [Google]
angryface322.jpg
6 KB, 200x271
Today it fucking happened, bros.

My bike which I saved for one year long,
my daily driver,
my personal liberty in the jungle of public transportation,
my bicycle I gave all my love for,
was stolen this night.

It was parked in the basement next to the bike of my roommate (we live in a flat). His bike is still there, mine is gone. I'm from Germany.

I am so fucking sick of bike theft. If I ever see the one guy who did this I will stomp his teeth and beat him up so badly, we won't even be able to look at a bike anymore.

It is my second bicycle which has been stolen. My previous one was stolen in a public place with the lock cut in half. Again, I lost 600 € to a 5 month joyride.

Tell me about your experiences with bike nickers and what you did afterwards.
>>
Sorry bra, I took it do I could buy some meth
>>
I haven't had any because I don't leave my nice bike outside.
>>
In what kind of shit city are you living? I never got my bike stolen ever.
>>
>>948853
Aachen. It's a university city mostly.
>>
>Not keeping your bike double U-locked in your bedroom while not in use

You people never learn.
If you can't see it right this second, it is in the process of getting stolen.
>>
keep your bike inside.

>but there's no room
bullshit.

hang it on the wall like a piece of art.
maybe that will encourage you to keep it clean and looking good too.
>>
Some poor refugee probably took it to be able to feed his starving wife and 8 children. Why are you denying them their human rights?
>>
>>948847
This is why my bike has a disabler and lives in a locked closet when I'm not home.
>>
>>948847
Thats what you get for letting in the sand niggers
>>
Sorry dude that sucks. Next time hide a fuel pump kill switch somewhere
>>
>>948847
Was your basement locked? Why didn't you put a lock on your bike? Who could have taken it? Do you live in a wg, studentenwohnheim, or what?
>>
>>948847
>was parked in the basement
Should it? Apparently not!
>>
If I lived in your situation OP I would lock it up in my room.
>>
File: 1416249666462.png (24 KB, 241x346) Image search: [Google]
1416249666462.png
24 KB, 241x346
You guys should leave valuable stuff unnatended, carry your bikes to your house/bedroom if necessary, never outside the house, outside home, you could leave useful but crappy stuff that can be stolen without making you cry. Next time, buy a second hand ghetto bike if you want to leave her outside.
>>
>>951051
My dad lives in an apartment complex where the tenant's association forbids the storage of bicycles inside your own apartment. I know it seems crazy but it's true. Tenants were only allowed to keep bicycles chained up outside in a special bicycles area. If you brought the bike inside some nasty old lady who spends all day staring at video cameras would come banging on the door and threaten to levy a fine if the bike wasn't thrown outside immediately.

This was in a cager city, I made sure to get as far away as possible when I moved out on my own. But maybe the op is in one of those places.
>>
>>951053
If you live in such place then you'd be entitled to a refund for your stolen bike. The building should be responsible for the security they don't let you offer yourself.
>>
>>951055
Sure, up to $500. Because the idiots who wrote the homeowners association rules are clueless about bikes.

This is why people buy BSOs
>>
>He can't handle the loss of a small amount of material goods without getting emotional.
I thought you had to be 18 to post here?
>>
>>951059
>he's not emotionally attached to his bikefu
Fucking casuals
>>
>>951059
Downtube get out reee
>>
>>948847
I understand how you feel brother. Ive had my bike stolen twice as well.
First time was where i used to work. I Locked it up to a bike rack and less than 30 minutes later, it was gone.
Second time, someone broke into my garage in the middle of the night and took it. Nothing else was stolen, only my bike.
Really sucks because i didn't truly appreciate cycling until after my first one was taken. When my second one was taken, it hurt a lot.

My solution in the future besides bringing my bike inside my house from now on, is this:
http://m.instructables.com/id/How-To-End-Bike-Theft-The-Honeybike-Project/

Theft has made me cynical and I simply don't care for the well being of those who make my life worse. I dont blame you if you feel the same way OP.
>>
>First bike was stolen in front of a busy downtown mall. I didn't care too much because it was an old shitty bike and I had a new one.
>Second bike was stolen on my first day of college. Went through the hassle of bringing it here on a plane and everything. While it was on the plane the wheels got caught in the pedal and a few spokes were bent. If you shifted to a low enough gear the spokes would catch the derailer and taco the rim. I have a feeling that I didn't properly lock it up that day but whoever stole it probably fucked it up nice and proper once they put into a lower gear.
>Third bike was stolen in front of another downtown mall. This bike was a piece of crap tho and i got it for free. The bike lock was more expensive then the bike.
>In front of the same fuckin mall someone stole the front wheel off my mountain bike. This event pissed me off the most because my car had broken down and i was relying on my bike for transportation. Had to buy a new wheel for 50$ which turned out to be much better then the wheel I already had.

Right now both my bikes sit in a shared storage space with 2 other suites in the house I live in. There's like 9 bikes in there right now. I dread the day when someone breaks in there and steals all of them. But there's so many people around this neighborhood that would easily notice such an action and my neighbors have a pitbull and a german shepherd on duty so we're pretty secure. We had a bike laying against the house with no lock on it for 2 years before I decided to claim it.
>>
Don't have a nicker story, but yesterday marked the first day I was hit by a car.

>Primary bike is out of commission due to car hitting me
>have dentist appointment
>ride my backup bike to appointment
>on the way home I hear loud *clink*
>pull over
>2 spokes broke

No bike luck as of late.
>>
>>948847
Rules are simple:
Was it locked by the frame to a fixed point with a U-lock?
>No: It's your own fault.
>Yes: Should have gotten insurance.
>>
>>951053
OP is not in one of those places.
Cause that would be illegal in Germany.
>>
File: 71G2EtzlerL._SL1500_.jpg (78 KB, 1500x939) Image search: [Google]
71G2EtzlerL._SL1500_.jpg
78 KB, 1500x939
>>952249
>gets THREE bikes stolen/partially stolen in front of malls
>two accidents on the same mall
>still keeps doing it
>doesn't invest in any sort of security

Did you have quick release wheels or what?
Start walking to the malls, m8, there's obviously some dedicated bike thieves checking them out.

Or put anti theft devices on both wheels (if you have quick release, there's quick release skewers that don't work if the bike is tied to something, pic related, I don't know how they work exactly but it appears they're good enough to discourage people) and a kryptonite chain+u lock to make your bike the least interesting target. Chain frame+rear wheel, u-lock front wheel and frame. Remove saddle, too.

And lock up your bike as good as you can even when its in the shared storage space. Fuck the "pretty secure", you're never pretty secure unless your bike is in your bedroom.

If you do this and get your shit stolen again, then you live in a really horrible area.
>>
>be me
>rewind to about 9 years old
>older sister has a dude friend
>he's shipping off to the military
>for one reason or another I did not know at the time
>I come home from school to find a mint Hutch BMX bike sitting in the garage
>3-piece crank, pitbull brakes, araya wheels w/ suzie sealed bearings, race checkered Hutch top tube, neck and handle bar pads; chrome for fucking days
>my eyes get huge
>I am told shortly after that he gave it to me just before leaving
>"Take care of it and have fun with it, little anon" He said
>Ride that sucker all over the place
>Never leave it unattended
>Eventually get into building dirt jumps and whoops in the woods with other BMX friends
>Eventually get into sanctioned BMX racing with that bike
>Total bond between a little kid and his bike
>Some mire' the bike; some dirt bags look with jealousy
>Dirt bags who steel shit that live in the greater neighborhood area take notice
>Leave it in the garage like usual one day- wedged between my dads truck and his table saw about 5ft from the door that leads into our house
>Come out later that evening to find that it's missing
>Some teenage faggot walked into our garage and stole it
>Heart broken, mad and crying
>Didn't give up hope, had a few ideas of who it could be
>Do my own investigating and ask around
>Eventually narrow my hunch down to two people
>Tell my dad about my hunches
>We roll out in his truck one early afternoon to some backwoods ghetto meth looking house about 5 miles away
>Confront the zit-faced teenager with his disheveled mullet
>He pulls an attitude with my dad
>Dad built like a brick shit house, gets in his face
>Dad whittles zit-face down and he eventually breaks
>Dad promised not to press charges in return for the bike
>Dude comes out of his house with my bike and like three other frames; couple Redlines, GT Performer
>We take them all and I actually know who owns one of the Redlines
>Get home and my dad calls the cops, presses charges
>>
>>952348
Cont:
>Dad says he was bullshitting zit face to get him to confess and give up the goods
>ohmasterplan.jpg
>Dad gives all info to the cops
>Cops swing by to take the remaining frames
>Then they go to zit-faces house
>They arrest and charge his ass a minor cause 15 year old faggot
>After that day I locked it to my dads table saw through the frame with car towing chain and a massive lock
>Things are fine for quite a while
>Back at racing at the BMX track with friends
>Be some weekend day
>Come home from a friends house
>Dad is not there; truck is not there
>Pull up the Hutch to the table saw, lock it and go in the house as usual
>Be mid afternoon or so
>Go out to the garage to grab something for my mom
>Peripheral vision
>Look over
>Table saw and my Hutch are gone
>Mother fuckers were quiet as a mouse
>Took at least two-grown men or three, maybe four faggot teenagers to lift a bike, towing chain and table saw
>Not one neighbor noticed anything
>Fucking god damn it
>Not sad this time but just supremely pissed off
>Eventually through word of mouth hear that my bike was seen two cities over
>Could never really confirm it
>Never saw that bike again, never road it again, no more wheelies with it....no more jumping it.
>It was a hard lesson to learn about shitty people and it took me a long time to get over that bike

>FF to present
>All bikes reside in the house
>Bikes ridden to public areas and left unattended are strategically placed in front of security cameras
>Bike is locked with three separate, different style locks
>All from ABUS and the best ones they make
>Literally don't give a fuck carrying 12lbs of metal with me in a back pack when I go into the city
>>
>>952352
>>952348
Christ, the ending sucked, I was even half expecting your dad to get hurt.

Anyways I just keep my bike in my bedroom. I can't do otherwise, but fuck it if I had an easily accessible garage I wouldn't leave my baby there.
>>
File: 1389981298065.jpg (15 KB, 287x277) Image search: [Google]
1389981298065.jpg
15 KB, 287x277
>>952257
>>
>>952305
I had a quick release on the tire. i now lock up both tires if i don't trust the area I'm in. I'm pretty comfortable with the bikes in the storage are situation though. My one bike has flat tires so it will probably be the last to get stolen and if someone is greedy enough to steal every fuckin bike in there then someone is going to notice before they finish their job. We have a lot of neighborhood watch people in my hood. Neighbors have a 150,000$ mercedes just sitting on the street, never even been fucked with in the years I've lived here.
>>
So I live in Los Angeles.

More specifically, the western part of Los Angeles, which is a "nicer" part of the metro area, as it includes coastal municipalities like Venice, Santa Monica, Brentwood, etc.

This is a positive in most respects, for obvious reasons. In terms of bike theft, There are of course professionals everywhere, but if you take sensible precautions there are almost always easier targets than your bike. It certainly beats riding a not-shit bike in one of the crappier parts of LA, at any rate.

But, there is a major downside to this area. Local city governments, at the urging of goddamn "compassionate" (read: naive) well-off white people, are MASSIVE homeless enablers. Every bum that frequents my neighborhood seems to have a bike.

Whenever the city gets its shit together and clears an encampment from a freeway embankment or overpass, they'll clear away a layer of garbage to reveal a pile of dismantled bicycles. Yet, nothing is done; the vagrants return and set up a "new" camp within days, if not hours, of the city's departure.

tl;dr homeless faggots fund their "lifestyle" by stealing bikes, and locals are completely unwilling to do anything about it.
>>
>>948847
Gee I guess who did it.

Thanks, Angela.
>>
>>948847
It wasn't stolen.
It was donated to refugees without your consent.
>>
>>948847

Welcome to Diversity!

We tried to warn you!
>>
>>948856
wouldn't be suprised if your roomate was involved. I live in London and only got it stolen once when I was in school. I locked it onto someone elses bottle cage lol
>>
File: 91RN5qGzB2L._SL1500_.jpg (287 KB, 1099x1500) Image search: [Google]
91RN5qGzB2L._SL1500_.jpg
287 KB, 1099x1500
Sry bro, my condolences to you.Here's one of my mantras that's tough to live up to but comforting and something worth striving for, hope it helps.
>>
>>948847
Selbst schuld, Neger. Ein gutes Rad gehoert neben das Bett oder an die Wand, aber niemals, niemals niemals nie(!) in den Keller
>>
>>952352
;_;
>>
>>952751
>>952726
>>952725
/pol/ samefags pls go
>>
My bike was just stolen 2 days ago off of my 2nd floor balcony. I didn't even own it for a month.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.