[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will we have ended cyclophobia?!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
When will we have ended cyclophobia?!
>>
Why do they hate us so much? :'(

Because we inconvenience them slightly when they have to over take us? Because they are fat and unfit and jealous of us? Because we remind them how pathetic they are for needing a two ton cage for short commutes?
>>
>>944375
You can imagine the uneducated, overweight baby boomer writing that and thinking he's literally the most hilarious guy on the planet who's just 'saying what everyone else is thinking'
>>
>>944378
I know internet comment sections aren't a good guide to anything but on the guardian (which usually seems pretty pro cycling?) people supported it a lot.

I mean, it's the hotel's loss really.
>>
>>944375
They didn't said nothing about lycra long pants or skinsuits. Also, that pic is triggering me, look at that cog position.
>>
>>944377
>>944378

>LOOK written on the back

>people riding bycicles are just doing it for attention
>>
>>944377
Because most people who call themselves cyclists are annoying skinny poofters without any respect for other road users, who treat bicycles like some sort of fashion accessory, think they're hot healthy shit for cycling 70 km a week, and are completely oblivious to the fact that they look like pale spindly exhibitionists with their lycra shorts and arse padding.
t. mountain biker
>>
File: 6OVrzXh.jpg (51 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
6OVrzXh.jpg
51 KB, 720x540
>>944416
>>LOOK written on the back
>brand name jersey
>thinks it an appeal to be taken litteraly
>>
File: ape.jpg (78 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
ape.jpg
78 KB, 800x534
>>944444
>taking obvious bait
>>
>>944423
Dont mtb-ers call themselves cyclists?

t. bike rider
>>
>>944483

Only the dirt roadies (aka XC). We refer to ourselves as mountain bikers. The way to tell us a part is easy, we rock baggy shorts and leg hair.
>>
>>944528
>we rock baggy shorts and leg hair.

So basically you're the slow guys?
>>
>>944529

No we're the ones you don't see, because we're too busy actually riding our bikes and not talking about it.
>>
>>944530
im laughing so fucking hard AT you bro.
>>
File: theycallhimlegs.jpg (297 KB, 850x477) Image search: [Google]
theycallhimlegs.jpg
297 KB, 850x477
>>
File: bug-eyes10.jpg (112 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
bug-eyes10.jpg
112 KB, 500x387
The only people don't wave back when riding their bikes are lycraboys. Unless it's a guy in his 40's+ who doesn't take his race bike training so seriously.

pic related, is a lycra cyclist
>>
>>944549
Flapping your arms about is not casually deliberate. The proper road greeting is a slight nod, and/or relaxing the grip on four right hand fingers. If you didn't see the roadie greet you weren't paying attention, or they were so disgusted by your lack of respect for the sport that they had to shield themselves - mentally and emotionally.
I bet you wear long socks too. Please re-read the Velominati brochure.
>>
>>944574
Or they are just too tired to care.
>>
>>946331
>>944574
I don't understand where this expectation to be greeted comes from.

The only times I've been greeted are on medium-low usage paths. On medium-high usage paths and high usage paths, there's way too many people to bother to greet anyone. It's like a hick taking a stroll in Manhattan and trying to say hello to every pedestrian, as he passes by 100 every minute. It also doesn't really happen on a low-usage path or streets, because on streets people are concerned more for their safety, and on low-usage paths there's really just not enough people to develop a habit of greeting people.

My guess is lycra roadie uses said medium-low usage path as just part of his route, and while you may be used to greeting people every time you ride that path and only that path, it's not really the norm.
>>
File: 1460670110078[1].jpg (74 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
1460670110078[1].jpg
74 KB, 620x349
>>944375
>>944378
>>
>>946355
Forgot the link
http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/78942249/north-canterbury-hotel-bans-lycraclad-cyclists
>>
>>944549
Why am i expected to greet everyone on a bike, again?
>>
File: maillot_team_replica[1].jpg (71 KB, 560x374) Image search: [Google]
maillot_team_replica[1].jpg
71 KB, 560x374
I think It's somewhat interesting that the chalk drawing is branded. I wonder if there's a particular asshole who triggered the owners?
>>
>>944375

To be fair, I really don't think lycra is appropriate attire for a place like that.
>>
>>946355
i agree desu
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 300x300
>>944444
Jesus christ, what a waste of an absolute godly get
>>
>>944423
how does it feel being a fat alcoholic with the aerobic capacity of your average tumblr poster, and self image issues to put most bulemic 14 year olds to shame?

the answer is not great
>>
>>946355
>whinge about lycra shorts
>most brand name bibs are at most 10-15% lycra, mostly polyester

lycra hating is a proper meme
>>
>>946379
most Look owners are colossal hubbards so it makes a tonne of sense desu

also the whole banning lycra thing is just a publicity grab for the hotel in question obviously

its not like they are losing business since who the fuck does park-ups at a pub?
>>
>>946457
But here's the thing. How many non cyclists know what about Look in the first place?
>>
>>946457
dunno about kiwistan but here in the murrican pacific northwest it's pretty common for packs of freds to go to the fancy lad's pub after their plodding slow fucking rides
>>
It sounds like the guy is a bike tourist kind of guy. Not a bike hater proper. In this case I support him 100%.
>>
>>946531
This is just proof that tourists are the most pretentious stuck up cyclists.
>>
>>946355
>dreadlocks
fucking KEK
>>
I can't help but cringe when I drive behind a roadcyclist and see their lycra clad ass claps adsorbing the saddle between their cheeks resting on their perineum... I cringe at the very thought of it. All that pressure... yikes
>>
>>946572
What about if their bike has a realseat?
>>
>>944530
Because you're too busy riding man made rollercoaster ride trails with the illusion that it's natural.
>>
>>946516
Dont you cunts have cafes?
>>
File: 4680783.jpg (131 KB, 360x433) Image search: [Google]
4680783.jpg
131 KB, 360x433
>>946516
m8 we stop at the pub after a ride too

>>946592
coffee before the ride
>>
>>946382
I was a little bit flustered at all of this untill I read this post.

I agree.

I would never wear lycra to a cafe or something similar. Would not want to be sitting around other people with my sausage smelling sweaty big boy diaper underpants.
>>
Just carry some stubbies in your barbag.

Oh wait, pretend racers don't have any cargo space.
>>
>>946991

It's almost as if some people actually try not to be douche bags.
>>
>>944377
Because you're too stupid to wear bibs or a lycra-polyester blend.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.