[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fenders are the most fucking stupid thing ever invented and there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11
File: touring bicycle.jpg (811 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
touring bicycle.jpg
811 KB, 1920x1080
Fenders are the most fucking stupid thing ever invented and there is literally no reason to use them. Riding with fenders is almost as bad as riding without a helmet. Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't.
>>
Pro-fender logic: Fenders keep you dry

Intelligent person logic: Rain falls from the sky so a jacket is what keeps you dry
>>
inb4 serious replies
>>
OP is right. And you know what else is fucking stupid? Rubber inner tubes filled with air. Weight weenies think that a pneumatic tube is going to be soooo much lighter than a solid rubber tyre, but when you figure how much time gets wasted fixing flat tires, a solid tire actually saves time if you're not an elite rider with a team maintenance car following you around.

>Elitist tdf wannabes BTFO
>>
>>943483
This. Also diamond frame bikes are retarded. Recumbents are faster, more aero, more comfortable and don't give you erectile dysfunction. The only reason diamond bikes are still around is because pansy racers banned recumbents when they kept getting beat.
>>
cunt faggot
>>
>>943484
Then how come people say their penis is diamond when they mean it's erect?
>>
You know what's even worse then fenders? Shoving a wedge between your buttcheeks and expecting it to be comfortable to sit on. The cycling industry has been supressing hammock saddles for decades because they make heaps of money off the saddle scam - just buy another saddle, then you'll be comfortable. Oh and you'll need special shorts too, plus cream and ointments for long rides. Also have to be super careful with hygiene or you can develop actual BOILS ON YOUR SCROTUM.

Hammock saddles are too simple, they're cheap, easy to make, work for ALL riders, and last forever - but they don't make you $$$$ so nobody makes them. Proof that the entire cycle industry is corrupt.
>>
>>943488
realseat.com
>>
>>943487
What they are really saying is their penis is bike.

Also what really grinds my gears are wheels in the shape of a hoop. The fuck is that? Not all bikes need to be rolling places expediently. Square is better IMO.
>>
>>943487
Which is longer, a recumbent or a diamond frame?

Penis is diamond means it's limp as fuck.
>>
File: 1423674936780.png (100 KB, 379x439) Image search: [Google]
1423674936780.png
100 KB, 379x439
>>943488
I can't believe I've been giving money to Crooks, Shit-zit and Shill Italia to make my ass hurt. These have no break in period, can be made at home and fit my vegan life style.
>>
>>943473
>wanting to go somewhere on a wet day
>all your clothes are ruined whe you arrive
wewlad
>>
File: w_100_1928.jpg (616 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
w_100_1928.jpg
616 KB, 1920x1080
>>943473
Wow, somebody saved and re-posted my OC!
I really don't care about fenders but it chaps my ass that road bikes have so little clearance above the tire.
In this pic, I'm ridding w/ a 28mm tire, and I had to lift the forks before the tire wouldn't rub on the crotch of the fork,
And then the mud build-up!
Pic related is a close-up of the front brakes.
>>
File: 1459434155702.jpg (64 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1459434155702.jpg
64 KB, 960x720
>>943529
>not riding a cross bike with slicks
>>
>>943473
I agree and: Chains are the second most fucking stupid thing ever invented. It just adds another component that wears. Bicycles evolution should have stopped at the Penny Farthing.
>>
File: 002-Negerkuss.jpg (46 KB, 524x415) Image search: [Google]
002-Negerkuss.jpg
46 KB, 524x415
Helmets. Honestly a super expensive scam right there. Every single one sold today has an expiration date labeled inside- hello...since when does toxic plastic and foam expire? Also...this paying hundreds of dollars for a helmet? What gives? Just get health insurance and stop buying over priced foam.
>>
>>943591
>when does toxic plastic and foam expire?
UV and chemical damage. Both degrade plastic (and foamed plastic) over time, turning it brittle. Are you a victim of american education per chance, ol' chum?
>>
>>943478
OP here and my thread is actually entirely serious
>>943483
This is wrong and stupid
>>943484
This is even more wrong and more stupid
>>943488
Fuck how do you guys do it? Keep getting stupider and stupider ideas. I also never use cream of any type and I ride up to more than 300km in a day.

FUCK fenders
FUCK solid rubber tires
FUCK recuntbents
FUCK hammock saddles

>>943502
>being a fair weather cyclist
>being a FUCKING CASUAL

>>943567
>>943490
You guys are just idiots

>>943591
Enjoy dying faggot. The whole point of a helmet is to compress on impact and the way they are designed to do that means they deteriorate over time.
>>
>>943529
Next time get a cx bike, anon!~
>basically identical to a road bike (though the differences are substantial enough to matter in races)
>more clearance
>>
>>943473
>>943614
Or perhaps... this might get a bit crazy, but it might just work to buy a touring/trekking bike if you're going touring/trekking.
Just because it says TREKTREKTREkTrekTrektrektrektrek on it doesn't mean it makes a good trekking bike. Roadbikes are for paved CC tours.
>>
File: 1459449441718.jpg (61 KB, 500x866) Image search: [Google]
1459449441718.jpg
61 KB, 500x866
I recently did a club ride 64 miles in the rain. Out of about 30 people, only two had fenders. They didn't do shit. Even if you were directly behind them in the line you would still be catching water off their tires.

Just wear your $80 plastic bags and you're good.

Also, some guy on a team issued T-Mobile bike joined in and got dropped on the first climb. Which one of you was that?

T E T
E
T
>>
>>943614
>>943615
I didn't really feel like buying a whole bike for camping once every 2-3 years.
>>
ITT: PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN PANSY ASS CLIMATE ZONES
>>
>>943638
Maybe they just think mud is manly, like people who splash mud on their SUVs and don't wash it off even though they don't actually go off road.
>>
>>943475
but what if the rain also falls on the ground?
>>
fenders protect the drivetrain
>>
Fenders keep the bike part shit clean because if you clean anything but your chain you are a massive faggot. Fenders aren't keeping you dry except your faggot sneakers because massive backsplash
>>
>>943475
Fucking dumbass. Fenders keep the tires dry so you have good traction and braking despite all the rain falling down from the sky.

American education everybody !
>>
>>943529
how the fuck does this even happen

were you pedaling backwards the whole time?
>>
>>943639
I've been riding in winter salt and grime for 2 years without fenders and started riding with fenders just this year. Tasting road salt is fucking nasty, and it wets the bottom of my back pack causing soggy books. H2O not coming down from the sky doesn't mean there isnt H2O going upwards
>>
File: 1460340496458.jpg (112 KB, 560x380) Image search: [Google]
1460340496458.jpg
112 KB, 560x380
>>943612
>thinks this thread isn't a joke
>>
File: w_100_1863.jpg (356 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
w_100_1863.jpg
356 KB, 1920x1080
>>943674
>how the fuck does this even happen
>were you pedaling backwards the whole time?
Good question.
It was a long-ass downhill with about a half-dozen stream crossings.
The last two stream crossings were so deep I had to dismount and lift the bike to keep the panniers dry.
I've had the same bike build up so much mud _under_ the brakes I had to poke that shit out with a stick.
But this time? I really don't know.
>>
File: jjjlol4.jpg (34 KB, 798x534) Image search: [Google]
jjjlol4.jpg
34 KB, 798x534
>>943735
>dat saddle angle
>>
>>943473
fenders protect the bottom bracket from getting sprayed with nasty water. This extends the life of the bottom bracket.

also, when I ride on a rainy day, water sprays upward off of my front tire and into the air. the wind (or riding fast) carries that airborne spray directly into my face. Having a front fender prevents me from getting sprayed in the face by dirty road water.

On the back wheel, my fender stops my back from getting sprayed with dirt road water.

there is literally no reason to ride without fenders. If you honestly believe that there is never a need for fenders, you should kill yourself.
>>
>>943764
I live in CA
>>
>>943772
see:
>>943638
>>
>>943473

Enjoy literally having faeces flicked into your face.
>>
>>943475
rear fender keeps the mud off your back, plebe.
>>
>>943777
>canadia
>pansy ass
>>
>>943793
>CA
>Canada
>not california
>>
>>943735
you should get some fenders for that, preferably neon ones to match your other accesories
>>
>>943784
Fucking horse riders I swear, leaving shit all over the road, bike lanes and even shared paths.
>>
call it DEFENDERS instead of fenders and suddenly those gringos will buy and treasure them ;-)

yes, defenders protect against dirt, shit, water, snails etc. being thrown at you and your bicycle... at least if one uses a bicycle for tra/n/sportation instead of fetischismus
>>
>>944304
>de-fenders
>de- a prefix occurring in loanwords from Latin ( decide); also used to indicate privation, removal, and separation ( dehumidify), negation ( demerit; derange), descent ( degrade; deduce), reversal ( detract), intensity ( decompound).
>remove fenders
>>
File: 1456172834003-fe.jpg (99 KB, 500x574) Image search: [Google]
1456172834003-fe.jpg
99 KB, 500x574
>>943473
Uhrpfosten isst ein Faggott
>>
>>944306
LMAO ymmd thx m8
inb4: ceterum censeo latinem esse delendam.
>>
>>944307

moar s'il vous plait.
>>
ヤバイ、涙で文字が読めなかった
>>
>>943473
OP you make me laugh.
> almost as bad as riding without a helmet

Dont ever come to my country, Holland. Only tourists and expats where helmets here.

And fenders are very usefull. Have you ever been biking when the road is wet? You like to have a wet ass and back? This must be b8.
>>
I once rode thru dogshit

I tasted dogshit

Nonetheless I only use a real seatpost fender cus muh fred credit
>>
>>945983
>mfw its always duitsers wearing een helm
>>
>>943502

>wewlad

Wewlad.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.