[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of you fellow autists play transport/infrastructure/city
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (342 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
342 KB, 1920x1080
Any of you fellow autists play transport/infrastructure/city building games?
>>
i see no bikes
>>
>>942840
SC4
>>
Cities Skylines and Factorio currently
>>
>>942853
You can have roads with bike lanes, and promote biking via policies in that game.

Also, pisses me off that people can DIE because "aw it's kinda noisy here..."
>>
Cities in Motion is pretty good. Sometimes I still play Traffic Giant.
>>
File: auy.jpg (10 KB, 98x135) Image search: [Google]
auy.jpg
10 KB, 98x135
>>942840
>>
>>942840
SC4 mostly.
>>
>>942866
do you have the DLC? Is it worth it?
>>
File: 15911210834_47ea34e8f8_o.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1021) Image search: [Google]
15911210834_47ea34e8f8_o.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1021
>>942840
I'd recognize that catenary anywhere desu senpai
>>
>>943089
After Dark has some handy buildings, Snowfall is less certain, but trams are cool. I think they are overpriced but really it comes down to how much you value the content relative to the cost.
>>
File: Berlin (1603).gif (181 KB, 610x457) Image search: [Google]
Berlin (1603).gif
181 KB, 610x457
Cities in Motion 2, Cities Skylines, and Mini Metro.
>>
Any of you reckon a mini-ITX build would be viable for this sort of stuff?

Trying to figure out a solid build that is still easily transportable.
>>
File: Traffic-Giant-1_medium.jpg (80 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Traffic-Giant-1_medium.jpg
80 KB, 600x450
>>942886
Traffic Giant was based as fuck.
>>
>>943089
only after dark. I would love to get snowfall solely because of MUH TRAMS, but the other content is pretty weak and doesn't justify the price.
>>
>>943228
I splashed out on it when I had some spare cash floating around.
The trams are pretty good, but the minimal weather effects on the standard maps (seriously can't get it to snow in winter on European maps?) is really annoying.

Basically it's Trams + weather effects that encourage you into buying coal power
>>
>>942840
I remember Transport Giant being pretty good.
>>
Transport Tycoon Deluxe was one of the defining memories of my childhood.

I still play OpenTTD occasionally.

Surprisingly, I ended up being fairly normal.
>>
File: Montréal (1308).png (189 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Montréal (1308).png
189 KB, 1366x768
>>943172
>filename.jpg
>>
Are there dedicated bike paths in C;S? I'm sure there was but I can't find the damn things.
>>
>>945601
never mind, found them in landscaping
>>
>>942840
Sim City 4!

Would like to play some public transportation game but AFAIK Cities in Motion sucks and MiniMetro feels too expensive for what it looks to be.
>>
>>943227
Nice 90 degree train bends you got there mang
>>
SC4 if you had NAM and the RHW (real hw mod, originally rural hw mod) let you design insane, very realistic networks that IMO no game has surpassed yet. Cities Skylines has made big improvements with its traffic sim so it's good.

My list of good games (mix of transportation oriented/city building):
-SC4 -> NAM+RHW. If you are particularly brave, you will download the gorallion custom lots and build your own airport on a large tile.
-OpenTTD -> Transport manager, not city building really. Free, fun game that you can build massive networks of maglevs and make millions in cargo fees.
-Cities Skylines -> Don't be a pussy and download pre-made interchanges from the workshop. If you liked SC4 but want a more updated, less buggy (dependencies a shit) this is the game for you.
-CIM2 -> Heard it was good. Also pretty cheap on steam.
>>
>>946142
>Don't be a pussy and download pre-made interchanges from the workshop.
Readymades look so much better than most in-game abortions, and take a whole lot less time though.
>>
>>942840
wow skylines mods are really coming along
>>
>>948763
I need a new rig before I get that mod-heavy again though, did a few UK cities and load times took forever.
>>
Was kinda hoping this might get a few more replies, I know it's both kinda the wrong board as well as a quiet one, but
>>
File: 20160427172335_1.jpg (463 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160427172335_1.jpg
463 KB, 1920x1080
Elevated trams are fun. Metro is so damn boring.
>>
>>950934
It's weird how they missed so many opportunities with mass transit. Since CO were the ones who developed Cities In Motion you think this would have come naturally, yet the Metro is missing so much.

>No Surface Metro
>No Elevated Metro
>No Monorail
>No Ferries
>Trams weren't added until later

Great game non-the less
>>
>>950943
Yeah, the lack of -any- elevated transit in vanilla is pretty silly. Even with it modded in, it feels like you're fighting the engine every step of the way.
>>
I used to play SC4 with NAM and RHW and everything. But I haven for a few years.

Now I am looking to play a new game feeling abit like that. Any recommendations?
>>
>>950943
I still haven't made a city of any appreciable size with the trams updates, I don't know, I think it's my autism slowly slowing me down.

I feel like Hemmingway or something, slowly getting more and more anal before it finally shuts down my work completely.
>>
>>950943
>no ferries
this TRIGGERS me so much
there's so many Islands that get ruined with large bridges because there's no other way to them
>>
File: 20160503203655_1.jpg (222 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160503203655_1.jpg
222 KB, 1920x1080
MiniMetro is on mumble bumble right now!

I've... just learned that i suck at designing transportation networks.
>>
>>945908
bruh... these trains cannot turn, they rotate
>>
>>951782
There is a mod, not sure how well it works though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1U8WMaVju0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOdwyW21A8k
>vehicle weathering over time
>logo and paint customization
>over 120 vehicles
>campaign mode
>PLANES

COMPLETELY ERECT
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.