[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this type of thing probably comes up alot but I didnt see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: newbikesm.jpg (1 MB, 2262x1635) Image search: [Google]
newbikesm.jpg
1 MB, 2262x1635
>this type of thing probably comes up alot but I didnt see it in the catalog

I commute about 10 miles each way to college on my bike. I am thinking the ride will be more comfortable if I get a cargo rack to go over the back tire for my backpack. The backpack can be a little heavy at times, 20lbs maybe more. Would it be hard to secure it? Is there a better way to do this? $100 price range.

Back rack with a basket?

>pic related, its my bike
>>
>>932185
Front rack +basket +octopus strap net
Rear rack +basket +octopus strap net
Rear rack +saddlebag
Rear rack +panniers
>>
File: net.jpg (22 KB, 522x325) Image search: [Google]
net.jpg
22 KB, 522x325
>>932200
>Rear rack +basket +octopus strap net
Would a net to hold it without the basket?

I dont think I want to go with panniers. Wouldnt it be weird if the weight wasn't evenly distributed?
>>
>>932207
Use an octopus strap plus net then. I use a 1m octopus and attach it to the bottom hooks on the rear rack when carrying a case of beer.
>>
>>932207
the thing with no basket, is the arms on your backpack are going to want to flap around. In this instance the net secure the arms to the backpack, the octopus strap secures the backpack to the rack ;)
>>
>>932215
That is simply solved by removing your arms from the backpack
>>
>>932215
>flip backpack over
>straps are in between the rack and the backpack
>>
>>932215
>>932220
I would put the part that normally touches your back on the rack. There would be some heavy text books with other smaller items on top. Wouldnt want my lunch to get crushed.
>>
>>932222
can somebody recommend a good rack?

>also checkem
>>
>>932185

what bike is that ?
>>
>>932185

Whatever you do, get a rack. All that backpack weight is being put directly on your taint - bad news for a long ride

Going to panniers was a great day. So much more comfy
>>
File: CETMA_5-rail_collage_grande.jpg (88 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
CETMA_5-rail_collage_grande.jpg
88 KB, 480x480
>>932226

A lot of people jock Cemta. Not sure if a meme but $$$
>>
>>932256
2015 Trek FX 7.4
>>
I commute to university and I just have a backpack, you're only riding 10 miles don't be a pussy ass weak cunt.
>>
File: bike.jpg (2 MB, 2339x2997) Image search: [Google]
bike.jpg
2 MB, 2339x2997
>>932468
I dont like the sweaty back/pits from the bag suffocating my skin. I live in California where its hot all year. My shirt would normally barely get wet on a 10 mile ride.

>>932260
>>932214
>>932200
Just got back from the bike shop. Here is what I ended up with. I found the big black has been laying around in my garage forever. I took it for a little spin around the block. Feels like nothing is there. I have been doing this wrong for years.
>>
Rear rack with panniers

You can even get panniers that have backpack straps so can be used as both. I have the "Banjo Brothers Waterproof Backpack Panniers" and love them
>>
>>932489
>I found the big black has been laying around in my garage forever.
I found the big black bungee cord it has been laying around in my garage forever.**
>>
>>932494
BIG BLACK WHAT
>>
File: 1457558559650.jpg (151 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1457558559650.jpg
151 KB, 1000x750
>>932494
>>
File: frued.jpg (1 MB, 2957x2153) Image search: [Google]
frued.jpg
1 MB, 2957x2153
>>932500
>my big black cock
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.