[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Frame Game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: s-l1600.jpg (282 KB, 1600x1059) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
282 KB, 1600x1059
Im in a predicament /n/.

I have a chance to trade one of my road bikes for a Gan Well Pro frame from my LBS. The Gan Well is worth more than my bike but its been sitting because the owner of the shop ordered it when there was a fixie boom in 06-07. Should I trade in hopes of getting the frame and then selling it to some city asshole for 1,100?
>>
>>931896
If the shop can't sell it for less than $1100, what makes you think you can sell it for $1100?
>>
>>931898

Naive city hipsters drawn to Kerrin racing like it supreme steel, or weekend warriors that buy expensive bike gear bc they can. He said himself he'd take as little as 500 for it to free up space. He sells far more mtbs and road bikes than track stuff
>>
>>931904
And why wouldn't he just sell it to a naive city hipster? Are you out in the boonies or something?
>>
>>931908

yeah Im about an hour and a half outside a major city, it's all farm country. Hipster and that dont know about this shop.
>>
>>931909
Where are you anyway? What kind of LBS figures trendy city stuff would sell in the boonies? Maybe you could list it on craigslist for him and get some of the cash for it.
>>
>>931911

I'll put it like this. I live between two cities. One is a decent sized one that is always on the "best little cities to live in if youre 25" list, and the other is the top 5 biggest cities in the states. Then in between that is where i live which is made up of farmland and wealthy old folks living out there glory years. He told me he ordered it because he noticed that fixies were getting huge and he figured "why not have one or two lying around just in case." Ive been going to the shop for about 10 years and Ive always asked him about it. I think now he's okay with just getting rid of it.
>>
>>931904
njs hipster shit's over tho

hipsters want "adventure bikes" so they can take a 3mi ride to a park and pretend to be all epic and shit
>>
>>931912
Dude, he's trying to be nice to you and give you a deal because you kept asking about it, questioning if it's worth it to try and sell it in the city, or just let you get a deal on it. It's an act of goodwill. Don't be a dick and flip it. If you want it, pay him the $500 and build it up.
>>
>>931919
this desu
>>
>>931921

Yeah but I cant used a fucking track back on back country roads man, and I sure as shit dont want to pay to build it to NJS standards
>>
File: 678587.jpg (121 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
678587.jpg
121 KB, 640x640
>>931896
>Gan Well Pro frame
I've been to that store. You should totally get it OP. pic related
>>
>>931969

thats really cute. They do have a mini Lightspeed trike for kids with Campy brakes on it
>>
You should get this frame op, but only if not to sell it. It will make a great fun bike that will outlast you.

>>931921
this. Its seems to me like you were given a chance to own it, if you threat it as some means to an end and try to flip it, it wont give you much. but who am I to question the american dream.
>>
>>931986

Ive bought every bike I own from him. I just have one too many. Another thing is theres a huge velo swap coming up in may and its always a massive hipster turn out. I definitely think I could sell it there
>>
>>931990

correction. Every bike Ive bought, Ive bought from him. The road bike I have was a trade I did
>>
Definitely get it and flip it for mad hipster bux
>>
>>931992

Fuck you, 1,100 could finally get me a rapha t-shirt
>>
>be me
>spend all day beating off to golden era italian steel frames with modern components on theradavist
>853, 753, SLX, EL, MAX, TSX
>Get fancy late 80s SLX racing frame from fancy manufacturer
>put dat high end group on, DuraAce C35s, Chris King
>go ride
>hey dis is nice
>kinda noodley, but its comfortable right?
>go up access road at ski resort
>thing kinda feels like I riding a piece of over cooked rigatoni
>but the bike looks so cool right
>glorious new pavement, 9% average for 1.5 miles
>ok lets go back down
>start bombing
>bike starts going wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo
>wtf
>apply brakes
>if frame is rigatoni, fork is linguine
>WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo
>check HR
>175 average going up
>182 going down
>classic steel
>>
>>931896

OP don't listen to all the fucking nerds in this thread saying "HURR DURR BUILD IT UP"

Either buy it to flip or don't, it's up to you

Just do your fucking homework, have a look on the internet and see what these frames typically go for, it's not fucking difficult
>>
File: wowowowo.jpg (39 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
wowowowo.jpg
39 KB, 480x480
>>932018
>bike starts going wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo
>WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo-WO-wo
>>
>>932083
Wo pls go
>>
it wo. current fixie hipsters don't even into njs and would rather aventon exploding forks instead. it may be a gan well pro, but don't be naïve OP
>>
>>931896
I'd buy that frame for 500 throw a 15-46 ratio and ride the shit out of that bike it's beautiful. Don't sell it too a naive kid. I'm a bit of a hipster myself not gonna lie but from personal view if anyone's spending big bucks on a frame they most likely know what they're buying so I'm sure the most you'd get out of that frame is 750-850$. It's really nice but not over a G nice.
>>
>>932329

>pic related isnt a Gan Well
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.