[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain what the fuck is going on with the Yeti in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: Howdoesitdothat.jpg (665 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Howdoesitdothat.jpg
665 KB, 1000x750
Can someone explain what the fuck is going on with the Yeti in this pic?
>>
It has a big ass chainring that's what

Maybe it's one of those ultrafast snow downhill bikes
>>
>>928038

I see that, but how the fuck does the front derailleur shift it with such a huge gap between chain rings
>>
File: mistery.gif (5 KB, 500x169) Image search: [Google]
mistery.gif
5 KB, 500x169
>>928041
>>
>>928041
My guess is that it just barely works, and then only when the chain is on the largest cog on the rear. Not intended for use while riding.
>>
>>928037
shame they crippled such a sweet bike with that retardation
>>
>>928048
It's a shame your brain is crippled with retardation.
It's likely in a museum because it is what Jimmy Deaton (look at the top tube) raced on, where that large chainring was useful. Replacing it with a 42t big chainring just so you can imagine it compares it to your 2010s mountain fred sled would be crippling it.
>>
>>928037
During the development stage of DH racing in early 90s, there was a period where some bikes were equipped with big ass rings, because more-faster. Downhill courses those days were mostly fast as hell, but with very few terrain features, so such rings could be potentially useful.

It is a representative of such bikes.
>>
File: ycollection10.jpg (97 KB, 442x600) Image search: [Google]
ycollection10.jpg
97 KB, 442x600
>>928037

Google it

Fucktard
>>
>>928037

The Mammoth Kamikaze or Kamikaze Downhill is one of the oldest and fastest downhill cycling races.

Unlike typical downhill courses of the 21st century, the race follows in essence the path of the traditional access fireroad. However, while average downhill races these days runs to 35mph, Mammoth racers were clocking 55-65mph on mostly rigid or semi-rigid bikes with flat handlebars.

Winners[edit]
This list is incomplete.

John Tomac (2004, 2005) USA
Philippe Perakis (1991) Switzerland
>Jimmy Deaton (1985, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1994) USA
Myles Rockwell (1995) USA
Cindy Devine (3 times by 1992) Canada
Cindy Whitehead (1987) USA
>>
>>928037
omg these are beautiful

am i the only one who finds 90s mtbs the most beautiful of bikes?
>>
>>928115
Holy shit, downhill racing where you actually have to *pedal*!
>>
File: Carolina Sumas.jpg (632 KB, 2494x1401) Image search: [Google]
Carolina Sumas.jpg
632 KB, 2494x1401
>>929515
do u like my bike
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.