[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GUIS I broke it >babbys first bike Took me a while to find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
GUIS I broke it
>babbys first bike
Took me a while to find it on the trail so probably got some dirt in there. Can I just pop it back on? Should I take it to the bike shop?
>>
>>927022
Take it to the LBS. MGTOW DIY cultists will tell you to just pop it back on but they're just trying to get you killed. As an LBS employee I can assure you this kind of work is best left to the pros.
>>
>>927028
I second this.

also;have some dignity and ride carbon/XTR
>>
>>927022

Gotta get a new fork. Happens to the best of us
>>
>>927028
>>927029
Damn alright. I pushed it back on, gonna bring it tomorrow. Just bought it last Friday, Specialized Rockhopper, should still be under warranty.

>>927051
Idk if I believe this......
>>
>>927059
Guy, think critically here. You're being trolled.
>>
>>927022
it's just a lock-out knob it'll pop back in.
>>
>>927068
>>927068
yeah popped it back on and it free spins, so it's not catching the teeth I'm guessing. Possibly another part inside was lost in the leaves when I found the cap.
>>
File: WP_20160223_19_18_12_Pro.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160223_19_18_12_Pro.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
what fork is it- no matter its under warranty and wherever you bought it will likely fix it free. I just spent $400 bison bucks (MSRP is like 800) on this fork and the settings do nothing at all as far as i can tell.
>>
>>927071
That's only because its not properly seated yet. See the silver ring inside the hole where it sits? That's the retaining spring. It will require a bit of force to get back on, and you'll have to twist it while applying that force to align with the teeth.
>>
>>927111
What did you adjust psi, rebound, compression?
>>
>>927111
>what fork is it- no matter its under warranty and wherever you bought it will likely fix it free. I just spent $400 bison bucks (MSRP is like 800) on this fork and the settings do nothing at all as far as i can tell.
I dunno about that fork specifically

I've seen a couple of generic China-made forks IRL that LOOKED great, they looked like they should--and they weren't exactly cheap ($250-$300)--and the adjustment controls were totally fake. They were just mechanical-spring forks with no adjustment at all. Buyer beware....
>>
>>927051
>cap pops off
>suggest getting new fork
>not a whole new bike
Shame on you, /n/.
>>
File: WP_20160223_19_19_38_Pro.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160223_19_19_38_Pro.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
>>927171
the rebound and air pressure work but the 3 settings (open, firm and trail) do nothing. The fork is USA built. Its a MRP loop SL. They used to be branded as white bros.
>>
>>927329
>white oppressor fork
triggered
>>
>>927133
You were closest. There's an Allen key that sits inside and is gripped by the cap and adjusted the lock that way, I just didn't find the key. Specialized is replacing it for free
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.