[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3-2-1?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Rooftop-Bike-Polo-09.jpg (614 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
Rooftop-Bike-Polo-09.jpg
614 KB, 2048x1365
Anyone here polo? I've yet to see a thread hating or praising the sport.
Questions?
Comments?
Inb4 hipster hockey
>>
>>924852
>>>/asp/
>>
>>>/toy/
>>
>>>/trash/
>>
>>924853
No. They dont
>>
>>924868
>>924853
Hurr. Lol
>>
>>924864
Fuck you too
>>
>>924852
>>924884
>>924883
>>924880
>>>/lgbt/
>>
There were /n/ threads on bike polo a few years ago...

...but then bike polo (and the related 'fixie' fad) stopped being trendy.
>>
>>924852
>Inb4 hipster hockey
I'll outhipster you

We run a minivelo-only polo game a couple of times a week.
>>
>>924887
That second comment wasn't for you. Sick bern tho
>>
File: WQ9ZvNP.jpg (854 KB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
WQ9ZvNP.jpg
854 KB, 4032x3024
>>924852
I guess it looks alright.
Probably build a cheap ass fixii xD and ride it ironically.
>>
>>924898
Are you retarded?
>>
File: gotta_go_aero.jpg (55 KB, 958x632) Image search: [Google]
gotta_go_aero.jpg
55 KB, 958x632
>>925021
Maybe?
Like a dash of autism.

Still looks fun desu I'd play some bike polo with those hipsters once and a while.
>>
>>925028
Fucking top keks m8.
>>
>>924852
why are these lads only running rear brakes? I'd think an endo would be an extremely important maneuver in this sport, and if they're riding fixies, isn't the back brake kind of obsolete anyway?
>>
>>925028

lol
>>
seems like everyone moved on to kickball idk
>>
>>924898
Rad bike bro.
>>925028
a e r o
Did you do this?
>>926252
I'm not sure about this photo, but the polo players around here run front and rear breaks on a single lever, left side.
>>
>>926252
The green bike is running both brakes to a dual pull lever. I prefer a disc brake on the front only.
>>
>>924852
I know some people who play bike polo. They have a team and shit, travel around the world, us, canada, NZ to compete.
I still think its retarded, I played with them a bit caused they asked, scored 2 goals and decked one of them so I don't really think they are that good... but they compete 'internationally' and have to hold alley cats to pay for travel cause no money.
>TLDR, does anyone know people who play bike polo who aren't smug douchebags?
>>
>>928725
>*tips cycling cap*
le epic hat man from 4chan begrudgingly agrees to play bike polo with some pathetic kids (nothing personnel) and destroys them
maybe you can see if your community college has a quidditch club? you probably won't destroy as many spokes there because you don't need a bike
>>
>>928725
sounds like you're talking about some folks i know in SLC.
>>
>>928741
nah, I didn't wreck anyone.
These fools just made it seem like bike polo was some special thing since international competitions and such and then the reality seemed more like a bunch of elitist jerks on bikes making a fuss about their super special snowflake sport.
Also, when I walk into a group of people who compete 'internationally' I expect to be thoroughly defeated, not nearly competitive.
Basically I was wondering if anyone has ever been really impressed/sold on the sport and if so, why.
I just want to understand.
>>
>>928725
travelling all over the world to fuck around on a bike sounds like a ton of fun
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.