[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever had your bike stolen? Ever stolen a bike? Would you steal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: biketheft.jpg (59 KB, 475x309) Image search: [Google]
biketheft.jpg
59 KB, 475x309
Ever had your bike stolen? Ever stolen a bike? Would you steal a bike if it was the one you've been dreaming of and poorly secured?
>>
If steal a bike if it was far away from where I actually live.
>>
I've once took a bike I'm fairly sure was abandoned because it had a hub I really much wanted to have.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 640x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 640x390
Ihad my mountain bike stolen in denver at the end of summer. It was my own fault I guess cuz I just used a cable lock. I saw other people using them so I thought it was ok.
I know better now and have a u lock and a heavy duty chain.
Pic related: nearly identical to my stolen mtb
>>
i've had a peugeot roadbike which got stolen, like 2 months later i saw it locked away in another part of the city and i just restole it
>>
The more expensive the bike the less likely it is the be chained up somewhere or left in someone's backyard. Most easy to steal bikes are shitty.

I'm happy with my bike desu. Anyway if I stole an expensive one it'd be risky and everyone I know would know that I stole it which would make me look bad.
>>
>>922172
>Ever had your bike stolen?
No.
>Ever stolen a bike?
No.
>Would you steal a bike if it was the one you've been dreaming of and poorly secured?
No.
>>
Got mine stolen last week. I guess it looked better than the usual bikes I see parked, since they're still here.
>>
Never had one of mine stolen, I leave mine inside and don't leave it in attended as I am just a recreational rider.

When I was younger I would take unlocked bikes if I didn't have one and needed to get somewhere. Say a drunken night and too poor for a cab and no buses back then ran after 10.. so steal a bike ride it home then toss it in a ditch near my house. Probably about 15 bikes total.

I have since become less of a scumbag and don't steal or put myself in a position where I need to steal.
>>
>>922172
>Ever stolen a bike?
no, im not a nigger
>>
I had the front wheel of my shitty beater stolen. That's about it.
>>
>>922172

I live in Philadelphia and have taken parts off of big carcasses. No bikes that aren't clearly abandoned, nothing of serious value (a stem, bars, whatever)

Around here, the mexican bike shops that cater to illegals will buy any part brought in to them, so black crack heads will steal wheels regularly. One of them RIPPED the riser bars off of a bike I had. The bars were worthless, but he ripped them out of a Ti stem that was on the bike. Pissed me off so bad. The Ti stem was destroyed

Crust punks steal bike parts too. Good to put some punk/hardcore band stickers all over your bike to tell them "I am one of you!"
>>
>>922180
lol
>>
>>922222
fucking crustys
bringing dogs to shows
stealing
smelling bad
being vegan

hope they fall under a train while hopping
>>
>>922179
I'm often the only person using a u lock when I lock my bike up, so many people use shitty cable locks.
>>
>>922172
Luckily not but I'd get real mad
>>
>>922172
Stole a bike once because it was the middle of the night, I missed the last bus, had no money for a cab and didn't want to get home at 4am.
It was a pretty crappy bike, the wheel almost fell off while I was riding it.
Dumped it in an alley near my house, it was gone the next day, so I guess someone else stole it afterwards.
>>
I had my bike stolen from about 15ft in front of my apartment last year. Last week, I went out and saw someone's cable lock and cut and front tire stolen from the same rack.
>>
A couple months ago, some bum stole my front wheel while i was at work, like what the hell, might as well take the rest of the bike with you faggot.
>>
I've had two bikes stolen. Both were because I got a new bike and didn't need the other one so I kinda just left it laying around.

If my current bike got stolen I'd be pretty sad tho :c
>>
Used to ride to a local rec center to swim.
One day I spotted a cannondale synapse with Sram all over it. NO LOCK on it at all. Tempted as fuck to steal it.
>leave a not on his bike that it's a nice bike and would be a shame if it got stolen
>go back a few days later
>has 3 fucking Ulocks on it

I should've just taken it
>>
Had my bike stolen from me by a nog that I used to go to highschool with. he was an asshole and got on everyone's nerves. then I see his ass in the paper the next day for trying to steal 2 cartons of cigs and beer and arguing with the cops. good thing it wasn't that expensive to replace
>>
>>922397
>>922405
y'all make me sick
>>
File: 1440124810242.jpg (1 MB, 2963x4192) Image search: [Google]
1440124810242.jpg
1 MB, 2963x4192
"Anon why are you locking that piece of shit up? No one is gonna steal it lel"

>tfw 1st motorbike was stolen
>tfw only had one bike stolen (luckily it was a death trap)
>>
>driving across the country
>cover 2000k in a single day
>exausted and stopped in the first motel
>meth capital of the coutnry
>2 bikes on the back, locked together with a good U-lock but only locked to the car with a wire
>wake up super early for no reason
>light up a smoke, take in the morning air
>casually look over to find no bikes
My buddy who I was with bought the bike just for this trip. Also I was in love with my bike that got stolen.

Really it was kind of my fault, but needless to say it put a damper on things.
>>
>>922646
Don't worry, i've started to put my bike inside now.
>>
>>922695
No I mean that u stop caring about your bieks the minute you get a new one

what about all the good times man?
>>
I once stole a bike when I was drunk because I was too lazy to walk home

[spoiler]but then I got overwhelmed by guilt and returned it after five minutes[/spoiler]
>>
>>922732
I didn't, i got my front wheel stolen, i had to go buy a new one, I may have been a little harsh saying might as well steal the whole bike. I still have it, but the rear wheel's fucked and i cant be asked to go get a new one. It was a pretty sweet MTB though.
>>
I drove past a bike laying in a snowbank one morning, 12 hours later it was still there. Now it's in my garage. I guess I stole it sorta.
>>
I had two bikes stolen from me as a kid in Salt Lake City. Both were fucking awesome. One was a dope red BMX with flame decals and shit, and the other was a murdered-out 24" scraper bike. 30 years later I'm still completely assravaged.

Later, when I lived in Tuscon, I motherfucking tried my hardest to get my horrible Schwinn Varsity stolen, and it took 4 years.
>>
>>922222

what part of philly do you live friend?
>>
>>922736
Good guy Boris.
>>
>>922172
Twice.
First time, i had chained my bike to a bike rack for 30 minutes; It was long gone by then.
Second time, my brother moved my bike into our garage without my permission and forgot to close garage. My garage isnt very organized, so the thief couldnt just run out with it. Probably took him a few minutes to get through all that clutter.
>>
>>922600

That's fucking hilarious.

The note must have spooked the hell out of him.
>>
>>922179
that thing is beauty mate
>>
File: gmc-denali-road-bike-22.5-57cm.jpg (27 KB, 487x308) Image search: [Google]
gmc-denali-road-bike-22.5-57cm.jpg
27 KB, 487x308
>>922172
>mid 2009
>bike racks outside girlfriends dorm room
>always 10/10 rich kid bikes
>beautiful track setup
>height of fixed gear craze
>tiny cable lock
>formulate plan of attack, escape routes
>sneaky up in the dead of night
>its not fucking there
>someone already fucking stole it that same night
>all this effort wasted
>rage
>look for other easy targets
>spot GNC Denali
>ULock on the Fork
>you deserve this
>remove quick release
>remove from bike rack
>reassemble quick release
>attempt to ride away
>holy shit this thing is garbage
>throw it down hill into gulch
>still chuckle when I think about the ULock still attached to the rack
>>
No, if someone stole local bike he'd probably get arrested pretty quickly, but there's a big market of stolen bikes from abroad sold on the net here, and police really don't give a shit about them. With a little patience it's rather easy to find completely new bikes with half or more off their original price. About 4 moths ago I brought 2012 focus mares for 300 eu with proper documentation, but there was also 2014 trek madone for 700 eu and poorly assembled merida cx 500 for 450 eu. Also i do understand where they steal used bikes, but where do they get to steal new unnasembled ones from I wonder.
>>
>>922172
No because my bike is barely worth 200€, is ugly becuase I mix and match anything from 2nd hand parts and my security precautions are worth as much as that bike (quality U-lock and Pitlock bolts on wheels, seat and head tube)
>>
>>923858
They don't still the unassembled, they still a shitload of bikes and swap the gear around to make them harder to identify.
>>
>>923877
Nope, merida had all stock parts from groupset to acquardly taped bartape.
>>
somebody stole my entire family's bikes once, we went to the movies and then when we got out they were just gone, they cut through the bikelocks too
>>
File: 1455353482488.jpg (24 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1455353482488.jpg
24 KB, 600x337
>using modified car jacks to pop open u-locks
fucking niggers mange

http://www.citylab.com/navigator/2014/10/your-u-lock-is-basically-worthless-but-dont-worry/381818/
>>
File: Dindunuffin Gibsmedat.png (528 KB, 466x410) Image search: [Google]
Dindunuffin Gibsmedat.png
528 KB, 466x410
I love Bait bike vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tufnWwV2J5I
>>
>>922172
I've had three bikes stolen.
If ever I catch a thief red handed I'm going to take all my frustrations out on that sod.
>>
>>923899
fake and gay
>>
>>923877
>They don't still the unassembled, they still a shitload of bikes and swap the gear around to make them harder to identify.
>>923877
I really hope English is your second language.
>>
>>923958
shame that we can't bring back the old capital punishment for horse thievery and apply it to bikes and cars as well.
>>
i got mine stolen about 6months ago, fucking rats... regardless of the brand, which would /n/ consider the safest anti-theft, chains, U's or folding locks, i know theres no such thing as an unbreakable lock, but theres gotta be some that are harder to break....
>>
>>924025
I'd bet on the U-lock.
>>
>>923962
nigger detected
>>
>>924025
Folding locks are to my knowledge garbage.

Heavy duty chains are probably the strongest, but are several times heavier than other solutions. Not something you really want to be carting around.

U-locks are the most practical. Shorter is better because it makes leverage attacks harder.
>>
>>922676
Covered 2,000,000 of what?
>>
>>925860
2 Mm.
>>
>>925861
Why do yanks find it so hard to use metric?
>>
>>922172
Bike-stealing, to me, is one of those things that chips away at your soul and one of the douchiest things you can do, anywhere and anytime. It's how you ruin someone's day.
>>
>>922180
You shoulda left them a fuck you note. That's some slick street justice there, m8.
>>
File: image.png (869 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
869 KB, 640x1136
>>922172
I'm going to buy them and put them on other peoples bikes locked outside in my city so they have to 'steal' their own bikes back
>>
>>926677
great idea
>>
>>926677
Or you could a cagers wheels, 5 on each wheel and watch him go around cutting locks off
>>
>>922172
Let's dispel this fiction once and for all that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing; he's undergoing a systematic effort to change this country and make America more like the rest of the world. If I'm elected we'll embrace what makes America the greatest country in the world. Now let's dispel this fiction once and for all that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing; he's undergoing a systematic effort to change this country and make America more like the rest of the world. If I'm elected we'll embrace what makes Ame̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑rica the greatest country in the world. Now that we're clear let's dispel this fiction once and for all that Barack Oba̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍ma doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's do͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊ing; he's undergoing a syst̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊ematic effort to change this country and make America m̘͈̺̪͓ͩ͂̾ͪ̀̋ore like the res̪̭̱̼̼̉̈́ͪ͋̽̚t of the world. If I'm el͕͖͉̭̰ͬ̍ͤ͆̊ͨected we'll embra̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍ce what makes Ame̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑rica th͚̖̜̍̃͐e greate̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑st country in the world. Now let's dis̪̭̱̼̼̉̈́ͪ͋̽̚pel thi̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣs f̳͉̼͉̙͔͈̂̉ict̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊ion t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊ha̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍t bara̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍ck̲̱̠̞̖ͧ̔͊̇̽̿̑ͯͅ o͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊b͎̣̫͈̥̗͒͌̃͑̔̾ͅa̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍m̘͈̺̪͓ͩ͂̾ͪ̀̋a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍ d̥̝̮͙͈͂̐̇ͮ̏̔̀̚ͅo͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑s̪̭̱̼̼̉̈́ͪ͋̽̚n͉̠̙͉̗̺̋̋̔ͧ̊t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊ k̲̱̠̞̖ͧ̔͊̇̽̿̑ͯͅn͉̠̙͉̗̺̋̋̔ͧ̊o͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊w̠̘̗͖̮̥ͣ̽ͫ͂ w̠̘̗͖̮̥ͣ̽ͫ͂h͚̖̜̍̃͐a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊ h͚̖̜̍̃͐e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑s̪̭̱̼̼̉̈́ͪ͋̽̚ d̥̝̮͙͈͂̐̇ͮ̏̔̀̚ͅo͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣ
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.