[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crescent Amtrak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: crescent.jpg (71 KB, 742x992) Image search: [Google]
crescent.jpg
71 KB, 742x992
Hi guys, im planning to take the Amtrak Crescent line in April from New Orleans to Atlanta where i will get to meet my fiancee's family.
So we are making the trip but would love to save as much as possible, therefore, we are taking the coach seats, and hoping we can have a lot of fun and adventures on this trip.
What advice can you give me, what can you tell me about the amtrak trains, this particular route, etc.
An tips welcome. Also you are welcome to discuss this route, or this kind of trains.
>>
http://www.ibtimes.com/strangers-train-32-hours-new-orleans-new-york-amtrak-crescent-1504654

Searching "Amtrak Crescent trip reports" might help you. Sorry this is a slow board. You can crosspost in /trv/ and ask about Atlanta in /int/.

Have you taken a train before?
>>
>>919861
It's probably better to fly desu.
>>
>>919920
Thank you! that's helpful. I already have been googling a lot, and also crossposted as you reccomend, but was curious what the train loving bunch here had to say about this.
You never know. Also, this board might seem slow, but its fast compared with forums, where not only i have to sign up, and sometimes follow rules, to get less replies in more time.
>>
>>919920
Btw, i took trains in my country, not really long trips, but this is not a long trip either. Im looking to have an experience, not just geting from point A to B. As i been reading, people talk, pla cards, and generally interact on trains. You can also see much more and get more the feeling of travelling and distance on a train, bus or car, that you wont ever have on a plane. So any tips on the experience i can expect and how to make the most out of it would be amazing.
>>
>>919861

OP, i've taken the route before, and am sad to say that you probably won't see too many interesting things. Most of the track is through forrest, with walls of trees on either side.

Coach seats are fine for NOLA to ATL, though, and it's not a bad ride.

That said, spend plenty of time in Atlanta. It's my home and there's tons to do of you look for it. Lots to see and experience for all kinds of taste in activities.
>>
>>920027
Hang out in the club car if you wanna chat randomly. You can also do meals, since they make you fill a table, and so will be seated with strangers for the meal. It's fine to chat in coach, but typically it's a quieter area, since some are reading, sleeping, etc.
>>
Well I guess I can't say for that route with amtrak you are taking.. but I ride the amtrak here in washington state north through seattle every other weekend. It's a beautiful view once you get north of seattle by the water.

Anyways I've never really had a bad experience on amtrak, sure there's been some rude people. But usually everyone is very friendly and quiet enough so you can do your thing. I usually just drink a few beers, listen to a podcast, movie music. I actually look forward to getting on the train so I can relax for a few hours and do whatever.

Go to the dining cart if you want booth like seating and a table.
>>
What country are you from, OP? Americans love an interesting accent.
>>
>>920177
Im from Argentina. My fiancee is from Atlanta and lives here. According to her i have more of a strange accent, with a few mispronounced words every now and then.
I wonder if that's gonna make me seem intresting or imbecilic. Probably both, maybe just imbecile.
>>
>>919861
>Any tips
Don't get shot in NOLA.

Shit's bad. Also, bring some booze on the train. Just don't get too out of hand.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.