[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /n/, let's talk hoverboards. How long do you think it'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10
File: hoverboars.jpg (281 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
hoverboars.jpg
281 KB, 3000x1688
So /n/, let's talk hoverboards.

How long do you think it'll be before these become so cheap and available that more people will be riding these than walking?

How do you think it will affect every day life?

Why do you not own one yet?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KakWZtuWkjs

That's all I know about these
>>
How far does the battery go?
>>
>>910196
>have one
I rarely walk around the house unless I have to go upstairs. It's pretty fun desu senpai. I don't ride it outside because that's fucking stupid and the ground is too uneven.
Tldr it's good for riding to get a glass of water, but stick to a bike outside
>>
>>910196
I think more people would rather have a mini e-bike, because why stand when you can sit.
>>
B-but it doesn't hover.
>>
>>910196
fad. They're already dying out in my town and were only ever used by violent black people.
>>
Delete this thread like i want everyone else here to delete their threads
>>
>>910212
>what is a bicycle?
>>
>>910201
This is kind of secondhand based on what my little sister told me. She said that they have a runtime of 6 hours, with a 1 hour charge time. For walking around, it's plenty for the average person.
>>
>>910206

I've just attempted to ride one outside. It was a terrible idea. I live on a rather steep hill. I used to unicycle plenty, so I thought this was very easy to ride, and I tried to ride it up and down the hill in front of my house.

To be honest, it got away from me at least twice, flipping along the concrete time and time again, as a red light flashed and the device beeped at me.

Unfortunately, it was a borrowed Swagway, and I really regret taking it outside.
>>
I already move so little why would I want te remove the last exercise I have ? (walking)
>>
>>910445
It's actually a rather effective exercise if you ride them quickly and move around. It's basically like riding a unicycle, minus the peddling.
>>
Sorry to spam, but as I crashed my friend's hoverboard and damaged the paint at the very least, I'm thinking of buying her a new one. The stipulation would be the damaged one would become a means of getting to work for me, where I'd have to travel some 8-10 miles each day. It's fairly hilly, but not majorly so. Do you suppose this might be a viable means of transportation?
>>
I want to know why people call them hoverboards when they are not boards and do not hover. Aside from the bad press, it's a beat concept.
>>
>>910455
Hoverboards are slow and unreliable, with an uncertain regulatory future. You'd be getting shit performance, and that's before the batteries start dying on you. With a bicycle, even a shitty folder, you'll be as fast from day one, and you'll grow faster as you get in shape.
>>
>>910196
probably n 3-5 years, maybe never because proper segways never clicked so we can't tell

people would grow fatter, the darwin awards would be entertaining at least

because i'd rather spend the money on n+1
>>
>>910493

Because coon-cruiser isn't socially acceptable to say in public yet.
>>
>How long do you think it'll be before these become so cheap and available that more people will be riding these than walking?
They're already cheap and available so I'd say never

>How do you think it will affect every day life?
Everyone will be annoyed when blacks continue to try to use them after they become heavily stigmatized

>Why do you not own one yet?
No reason to
>>
>>910196
I've only seen white people on them so far.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 750x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 750x400
>>910201
>How far does the battery go?
About 930°F.
>>
>>910196
You call that a hoverboard!? Back in my day hoverboards HOVER, with no wheels!
>>
>>910439
I rode mine outside for a mile and a half over some fairly uneven pavement without much issue. I have a powerboard
>>
>>910198
schway af
>>
>>910704
Only seen black ppl on those lol
>>
File: hoverboard_bathroom_1.jpg (53 KB, 600x545) Image search: [Google]
hoverboard_bathroom_1.jpg
53 KB, 600x545
waiting for xxx video with actors performing on hoverboards
>>
>>910196
>How long do you think it'll be before these become so cheap and available that more people will be riding these than walking?

lol good one.
>>
>>911521
Why wait

https://mobile.twitter.com/sexinseconds/status/646614665200472068
>>
>>910196
How fast do these things go? How are they on sidewalk/pavement?
>>
File: hoverboard_bathroom_2.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
hoverboard_bathroom_2.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
>>911521
>>911600
OMG!
>>
File: wile-e-magnet.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
wile-e-magnet.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
>>910498
you could improve the performance and range of hoverboards using magnets
>>
no thanks, I like getting the blood pumping
>>
I live in Paris and during the weekend I saw a group of white people using them with helmets and kneepads
It was a little sad
>>
The thing i dont understand about these things is that there are like 40 different companies that make the exact same thing, is there any kind of copyright or patent on them? Also, who made it first? I see these things going from $200-$1000
>>
>>910229
Lol, I just picture all these gigantic black dudes chasing white people on these tiny little moped things
>>
>>911838
The original was a kickstarter project.
A bunch of gooks got together and figured out how to make it cheaper and got them on the market before the kickstarter junk.

There's a good npr story about this.
>>
>>911838

>that there are like 40 different companies that make the exact same thin
>is there any kind of copyright or patent on them?
I hear Segway is suing a bunch of them
>>
why hasent this been posted boy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8d42r3JlbU
>>
>Not getting a master race electric uni

>Not kingsong.

so many plebs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rlz5lfCC-g
>>
I saw a kid at a McDonald's ordering at the counter on a hoverboard. Personally, that's why I will never ride one.
>>
>>
File: COLONCAPITALEYE.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
COLONCAPITALEYE.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
>>912142

>F u c k i n g h e l l
>u
>c
>k
>i
>n
>g
>h
>e
>l
>l
>>
>>912142
£990
>>
File: 1367664111177.gif (204 KB, 404x416) Image search: [Google]
1367664111177.gif
204 KB, 404x416
>>910715
Fucking fantastic
>>
I walk about 5 miles every day for my job. Maybe I should buy one. Don't want to look like a fucking tool though. I'm a man in his 20s, don't think it would look right to be hovering around the place.
>>
File: donotwantdog.jpg (22 KB, 352x400) Image search: [Google]
donotwantdog.jpg
22 KB, 352x400
>>910196
>>912142
Go smash your bones without me. You can come back when the control circuitry is out of beta and the added surprise xmas candle function is ruled out.
>>
>>912086
Ouch it hurt just ouch
>>
Amazon just bitch slapped all the makers by offering refunds to every buyer. Swagway got bitchslapped by UL for illegally using the UL complete device approval seal, when only the battery and charger were UL approved, and repeats that no hoverboard has complete device UL approval currently. Customs is now catching containers of hoverboards with batteries carrying fake LG or Sony manufacturers marks Right now probably the only vaguely safe brands are the original Hovertrax and maybe the Razor branded ones.

Shit's on fire yo...
>>
>>912142
Wow that's pretty fast
>>
>>910196
If that's a hoverboard, my bicycle is a jetpack.
>>
File: 02.jpg (33 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
33 KB, 630x420
>>912142

awwww yeeeaah.

I want one.
>>
>>910196
> Cheaper
Cost cutting + lithium ion battery = catastrophic failures
>>
>>910196
noo
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.