[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just pulled 107 in tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: fixieposeur.jpg (121 KB, 447x500) Image search: [Google]
fixieposeur.jpg
121 KB, 447x500
And to be honest, it was 108 but 1 was because i got the wrong bank. i turned it in.

I made like 30 trips today tho, lots of holiday bonus's i am sure. i got a guy who gave me 8. I got two regulars who got me 5 and 4 respectively.

Still though, has anyone made about that in postmaids or snap courier?

And i am bike delivery man. I mean i don't think i did more then like 6 miles of actual travel today but I ride fixie. Tired as fuck man

I did work 9 hours, so i only comparatively made 90-107 or like 20.1 an hour. and i normally work 8 hour shifts, this was 9 hours. Normal for tips is about 14 an hour.
>>
>>>facebook
>>
>>905448
So you did 30 trips in 6 miles across a timeframe of 9 hours?

What.
>>
I'm fat as hell, ride fixed, and I could do 6 miles no prob, why are you so tired anon
>>
File: bork.jpg (125 KB, 960x528) Image search: [Google]
bork.jpg
125 KB, 960x528
>>905470
and my bike is shit, too
>>
>>905465
Contrary to Nik's assertions that couriers are the most pro hardcore cyclists that spend more time riding that pros, actual couriers wait around for jobs to come up, and spend lots of time in the elevator, walking through lobbies and hallways.
>>
>>905471
are those rims like scalloped or something? whats going on there
>>
>>905475
Yes, they are. Its an okay wheel set.
>>
>>905448
if you only made 107 in 9 hours that is only decent. i can make a solid 75-100 every 4 hours / 200-300 for 8-9 hours
>aim for 15 hr or higher faggot
>>
>>905476
is there a reason for that? weight/aero/strength? they certainly look neat
>>
>>905487
Honestly, I think it's pure aesthetics. However, it does cut out the aluminum so who knows. I bought them because they looked pretty
>>
>>905481
This so much, fucking poor fags on /n/ and their deluded thinking is bring this board down
>>
File: 1437891595914.gif (2 MB, 395x350) Image search: [Google]
1437891595914.gif
2 MB, 395x350
God damn, is that all you bicycle faggots make?
>>
>>905507
There is a reason bike messengers are usually young and on the fringes of society.

Although I know an investment banker who did a stint as a messenger before going into banking because he thought it was cool. He brings it up all the time to make it sound like he "pulled himself up by his bootstraps" even though his parents were paying his rent and probably an allowance during that time.
>>
>>905489
could I trouble you for a link? I can't read the stickers on the rims or I'd just google it
>>
>>905515
I deliver for JJ's.

I guess it's not as real a cycling job as courier or messenger, but i was thinking of doing those on the side.

>>905481
The hell do you do for a living man?

>>905472
Yeah, it's just that i have a super high speed fixie, which means high as hell gearing and starts/stops all the time.

It's not doing 6 mi. It's doing it at sprints from start/stops. And that may have been low. idgaf. i'll look at my stats today

i was thinking of getting a real messenger job to count my bike as a deductible
>>
>>905546
>it's not as real a cycling job as

you make more money doing less work though

I pull some extra weight for the management staff and get paid a flat 10/hr plus tips instead of fucking 5/hr on the road fuck that, and this is even at a corporate store

I can deal without the extra internet street cred
>>
op is a rookie

sup, rookie?
>>
>>905546
>but i was thinking of doing those on the side.
So you're tired as fuck after riding 6 miles but you think riding more on the side is a good idea
>>
>>905448
get a bike with gears. why do "messengers" aka delivery boys ride fixie? literally no benefit.
>>
>>905625
you don't live in a city with messengers, do you. it's a rhetorical question because it's obvious you learned about messengers from watching movies.

regarding fixies, some do, some don't. messengers use whatever is cheap and available. sometimes this means a single speed or fixie. but you also see them riding BSOs, hybrids, straight up road bikes, MTB with slicks, etc.
>>
>>905628
> pure fix/leader
> cheap
>>
>>905651
In the grand scheme of all types of bicycles, low 300 is cheap man.
>>
File: 152-00004.jpg (19 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
152-00004.jpg
19 KB, 600x600
Op, here's a 15 so you can tighten your dick up.
>>
>>905471
what brand of frame?
tire size?
that gear ratio looks really small, what is it?

what city are you in?
>>
>>905671
shitposter, youre needed back at /b/
>>
>>905582
Damm, how do you do that? I was told i can be driver and get tips or progress up the JJ chain as PIC, Asst, ect ect. I don't care to do that, so i do this

>>905619
I did 20 mi's a day back when i had classes 10 mi out of town. I also lift on the side. and god nigga, avg delivery is .3 mi, i did 30+ trips that da. Do some math yourself. I'm fine muscle wise.

Outside of some odd knee pain i hope doesn't happen again

>>905628
Most of the other guys do MTBs. I did fixie because i like how it rides. Makes it light for cheap. Also, to prep my bike i need to

1. Fill tires (infreq)
2. Oil chain (infreq)

I never have to deal with gears breaking an shit. It makes the bike a lot easier to clean and keep clean.

I was thinking about buying another one to have outside as my outside bike and retire the one i'm on, minus the wheels and tires. Gatorskins for life man. I don't care if i'm riding on toothpicks and prayers when it rains, i don't have THAT many problems with them
>>
>>905475
>>905471

I had gipiemme wheels like that that came stock on an '03 CAAD5

they had 16h --- sold them after they went a little out of true because I wasn't going to fuck with that
>>
>>905448
>fingerless gloves
What the-?
>>
>>905739
>gears breaking an shit
You've broken gears before?
>>
>>905826
actually yeah, but i meant more about the shifters an shit
>>
>>905448
e r e c t i l e d y s f u n c t i o n
>>
>>905470
>>905625
Cheap. Easy maintenance. More efficient than a geared bike. I ride brake less and in the winter it's more dependable than caliper brakes.
>>
>>911120
Honestly, i don't think any geared bike will be able to do deceleration like that

Right now i'm leaning twards having a geared bike as my new delivery, just cause i need to go faster and safer.

List is

1. Alum frame
2. Disk Breaks
3. STI shifters
4. Drop bars
5. Rack Preferable.
>>
>>905448
Buy health insurance, couriers get hit by cars
>>
>>911120
Also, that easy maintenance thing is important.

To check if my current fixie is ready to ride, i need to

1. Check tires
2. Check Chain
3. Check Breaks.
4. Check seatpost/rear rack

Done.

With a gearless bike i have no gears to test tension in an shit.

Same time, my fixie is still pretty high geared, so it's a bitch to keep starting it up. Hell, i went ahead and started doing a running start. The fact that that is EXACTLY WHY GEARED BIKES WERE INVENTED is why i'm thinking of going back to gears
>>
File: _20151105_173324.jpg (2 MB, 4567x2952) Image search: [Google]
_20151105_173324.jpg
2 MB, 4567x2952
I don't get any tips but I put this roller on the back of my base load cause I had room and it was on the way. Basically a 1450.00 bonus my chapparoos
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.