[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/CheapInternationalTravel/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
In Spain you literally turn up to Madrid airport and get on the next flight to Barcelona for a reasonable price. Why can't we have this in UK-France?

Why can't one of these regional airports like greenford or the one by Maidenhead (soon to be on the tube) have an hourly continual departure to a counterpart ex-military/private run down airport for a cheap price? I'll tell you why. Joos.
>>
>>902378
>Maidenhead (soon to be on the tube)

Crossrail isn't "the Tube" but okay.

>I'll tell you why

Because White Waltham is a grass airstrip which is literally 12 miles from Heathrow?
>>
>>902389
>Hur dur airspace
Remind me where they will find the capacity for a third runway!? :O
>>
>>902389
What's your autism against RAF Northolt if it was ever decommissioned?
>>
File: Eurostar-eurotunnel.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Eurostar-eurotunnel.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>902378
>wanting to to take a plane when the Eurotunnel exists
Do you like to have your prostate fingered by airport security?
>>
Because a Madrid-Barcelona flight isn't an international one as a UK-France one would be you raging faggot
>>
>>902484
It's so fucking expensive. The cheapest fares are around £80 but you have no prospects of getting them. For example you want to visit for a weekend... to get the cheap £79 return you must book 6 months in advance and depart after mid day saturday and leave before mid day on sunday.

For a weekend trip the reality is paying £150-200 RTN.

A cheap flight is say £30 if you're lucky, though typically cheap weekend flights at the correct times (sat am - sun pm) would be £40-60 each way, plus travel to one of London's not London airport and the expensive trip from Paris airports to London.

>>902533
Wut is european union
Catalonia is a republic anyway (inb4)

Seriously though Eurostar needs to be nationalised properly.
>>
>>902398
>Hur dur airspace

Well yes; your approach path would overlap with Heathrow. How do you see that working?

>Remind me where they will find the capacity for a third runway!? :O

A third runway would be on the same approach path, you dunce.

Besides which White Waltham is literally a grass airstrip long enough for light aircraft. It isn't even remotely suitable for passenger aircraft.
>>
>>902484
>Do you like to have your prostate fingered by airport security?

Have you ever actually tried travelling by Eurostar? You still need to check in and clear security. Hell at Brussels there's TWO lines of passport control; one for the Belgians, and then the British passport control directly behind it.

You can't just show up and get on the next train, because hurr-durr-no-Schengen-little-England.
>>
>>902605
Oh right I forgot about that.
Fucking Brits need to get their shit together and get rid of that nonsense.
>>
>>902603
1 plane per hour... for example. Also, if they have room for a third runway at heathrow then they have a room to make that a few miles up the road, like RAF northolt

>a third runway would be on the same approach
Don't shout at me I am not a plane spotter I don't know how this works.

>grass airstrop
What is tarmac laying?

>>902605
This. You LITERALLY can't go from France to Paris without getting off at Paris and going through customs.
>>902606
>shengen
how's that working out for you guys in France and Belgium? :)
>>
File: 3Vw3Ok6.jpg (684 KB, 3500x2277) Image search: [Google]
3Vw3Ok6.jpg
684 KB, 3500x2277
>>902609
>how's that working out for you guys in France and Belgium? :)
Oh yeah because you shmucks didn't have your own problems.
How many billions did you spend installing bollards and cameras to 'defend' yourselves from the terrorists?
>>
>>902609
>What is tarmac laying?

Expensive, and there's no space to extend the runway to accommodate even the smallest passenger aircraft.

>how's that working out for you guys in France and Belgium?

The UK would have allowed those exact same terrorists into the UK anyway, because they were French citizens.

Not being in Schengen does literally sweet-FA for the security of the UK.
>>
>>902611
Stupid yank detected
>>
File: 14 carat gold.gif (164 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
14 carat gold.gif
164 KB, 375x375
>>902571

>He doesn't have a FIP card
>>
>>902638
That would require working for one of the many terrible TOCs though.
>>
>>902625
>I have no response
>hurr yankee
Brilliant argumentation skills
BTW you picked the wrong country.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.