[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flying is supposed to be the safest form of transportation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 5d489cfe-1176-c295.jpg (151 KB, 549x396) Image search: [Google]
5d489cfe-1176-c295.jpg
151 KB, 549x396
Flying is supposed to be the safest form of transportation.

Has there ever been a study that compared the safety record of airplanes in general to crashes at airshows?

Seems like this shit happens constantly.

I've been to 2 airshows in my life and at one a aerobatic bi-plane crashed into a skydiver which killed the parachuter and took the wing off the airplane.

Why do they allow these moronic crashfests?
>>
>>901884
Why is anything allowed, anon?
>>
>>901884
I thought the whole point of going to an air show was the possibility of seeing fireballs of the unplanned variety
Was I wrong?
>>
People go to airshows because they like to watch dangerous events. Would people go to a NASCAR race if the cars went around at 60 mph with no accidents? Would folks attend the circus if there was only clowns and elephants?
>>
>>901884
That's like comparing your average car commute to a demolition durby.
>>
>>901884
It is the safest form you stupid cunt stfu look at the fucking stattics you fucking whore.

They crash because they are stupid shits like you asking dumb shit that you yourself answear, why ask the question in the first place? fucking dumb
>>
>>901884
>Seems like this shit happens constantly.
>I've been to 2 airshows in my life
>>
I can ride my dirt bike safely on trails my entire life without getting hurt. Its when I try to do a back flip when I get killed. Apply it to aviation. Also that statistic is for commercial airliners. Flying a cessna or piper cherokee is much more dangerous in terms of crash rate.
>>
planefags are almost as bad as trainfags

fuck the blue angels in fleet week

its cool if those faggots want to do their gay little loops over the city for a day

they do it all fucking week and annoy the living shit out of everyone and they can go fuck off and crash into a building for all I care

airshows are gay
>>
>>902027
WTF? Why all the hostility? Did the Blue Angels figure out where you live and keep buzzing your house?
>>
>>902030
not that guy, but having previously lived in lincoln park chicago, I can agree it is pretty damm annoying to get buzzed by f-18s multiple times per day for like a week straight

inb4 planefoamers HURR THE AIRPORT WAS THERE FIRST

no, there's no fucking airport there, and even when there was still a meigs field, the blue angels certainly weren't operating out of there

/n/ has made me hostile to the aviation subculture, I used to consider myself pro-airplane but you people simply cannot accept that there are situations where a plane can be a nuisance
>>
>>901918
Massive kek, learn to smell you faggot
>>
live in bay area, when fleet week comes, the turd angels fly around buzzing shit, its pretty cool. Then they fly away, then 5 minutes later they come back and buzz you again, heh..cool, those planes are cool and fast. Really loud too, I think I'd go deaf if I had to hear that all day. Cool. Then they fly away. Then 5 minutes later they come back. WOOOOSH. Hmm..man, that was cool for like 10 minutes, now it's getting annoying. WOOOOOOOOOOSH. Fuck the Navy. WOOOOOOOOOOSH. PLANES ARE FUCKIN GAY

WOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

this goes on for an entire week. Ever single person hates having some top gun homos jizz all over everything all day 7x in a row. I have no idea why they let them do this.
>>
Airships are safer than planes.
>>
>>902156
the Goodyear blimp doesn't count
>>
>>902155
Suck more cock, you insufferable faggot
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.