[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone explain to me what this is trying to say? For school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: ssssssssssssssss.jpg (108 KB, 600x851) Image search: [Google]
ssssssssssssssss.jpg
108 KB, 600x851
Can anyone explain to me what this is trying to say? For school I have to make something which conveys the same message but I don't understand it
>>
>>891032
Cyclists always have a right to the road, regardless of if you can see the bike lane lines or not. Could also say snow on the lines, or dirt, or that they've faded.
>>
In certain parts of the world railroad track maintenance fails to clear the extensinve falling leaves from the rail. As trains pass over them it crushes them creating a thin, yet very slippery layer upon the railhead. This makes operations difficult and delays and cancellations iminent.

The obvious objective of this decidedly British advert is to advocate cycling instead of taking the train. It's dumb.
>>
It's protesting against civil involvement in community maintenance.
A lot of neighbourhoods expect residents to maintain their own streets: pulling weeds out of cracks, sweeping debris off the road, et cetera.

The given text is saying "fuck that, it's the city's job."
>>
File: leave on thine whores.png (932 KB, 600x851) Image search: [Google]
leave on thine whores.png
932 KB, 600x851
>>
>>891039
kek
>>
File: Sustrans-3.jpg (48 KB, 730x514) Image search: [Google]
Sustrans-3.jpg
48 KB, 730x514
OP, likewise I had no idea what this ad was supposed to mean, but I looked it up and apparently >>891036
is correct. "Leaves on the line" is an excuse given for trains not running on time, and the message is that you can skip the train entirely and bike instead.

Pic related is another ad from the same bike-instead-of-transit campaign, it's also terrible.
>>
>>891046
I think this had cleared it up, thanks bro, what a shitty advert
>>
I somehow thought they meant the white line that separates the road from the cycle path. And that cyclists don't care whether they ride on the cycle path or the road.

But it's an ad which tries to people to take the bike instead of public transport.
>>
Aren't both of these arguments equally valid reasons to drive?
>>
>>891081

Yes

Further proof that whoever came up with these ads is a moron
>>
>>891081
People who live in places where "leaves on the line" elicits a specific response tend to work in places where caging is the ridiculous option, below skateboards and rollerblades and only slightly less retarded than horseback riding.

In my company we had someone who insisted on driving for a year or so after she moved here, she eventually came to her senses though. Shortly after that they built a high rise over the old parking lot where she used to pay $38 per day to keep her cage.
>>
>>891081
Driving? You mean like in a car?
The streets are so congested that it takes 4 to 6 hours to cross the city in one of those things and there's nowhere to park them anyway.
>>
>>891085
This I watch so many people move to the city from the suburbs and continue to defend and drive a cage even though it is far beyond their financial means and clearly inconvenient for them they cling to it. I really don't understand.
>>
File: 5870021_orig.jpg (486 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
5870021_orig.jpg
486 KB, 1024x683
>>891032
Trains have issues in the autumn during leaf fall, as they lose traction so can't move/brake due to low adhesion. Network Rail has leaf cleaning trains to prevent this, but it is not always effective. Many trains are cancelled due to leaves on the line. It is a bit of a meme similar to "the wrong type of snow", a reason given by Network Southeast for the entire network collapsing during snow in the 1990s.
>>
I thought it was advocating for people to take care of the bike lanes better
>>
>>891046
This one makes sense though, rush hour on trains in the UK are like slave barges.
>>
File: hot stuff.jpg (35 KB, 369x361) Image search: [Google]
hot stuff.jpg
35 KB, 369x361
>>891032
It must suck living in a country where the leaves fall off the trees
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.