[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan d-london-34584344 >A
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 16
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34584344

>A mother has described the "terrifying" moment a cyclist smashed her car window spraying glass over her three-month-old son in an alleged act of road rage.

>She said a cyclist thumped the car roof as he passed and when the car overtook him she leaned out of the window and told him to be more considerate.

>Moments later, the cyclist caught up with the car and smashed the window.
>>
>>890670
Just another act of love and compassion from the Eternal Cyclist.
>>
>>890670

>london

What do you expect when you live in a rat packed shit hole.
>>
>told him to be more considerate

Not in those words I presume
>>
>>890684
>mean/harsh words = a license to break shit

Okay.
>>
>>890689

But I didn't say nor imply that
>>
>>890670
dank spin bbc

>woman drives in way that could have gotten the innocent fred killed
>shows no remorse
>shouts abuse at fred for good measure
>knowing that this woman would face no repercussions for all this fred decides enact justice, by means of a fine administered in the cost of repairing the window he broke
>neither the woman or baby were in any real danger

And yet somehow the cyclist is the bad guy

keep gobbling that petroleum cock beeb
>>
>>890670
why the fuck were they driving a car in london there is 100% no legitimate reasons to drive in a city.

also i can easily put money on the car driver being at fault because as soon as people go inside the M25 they turn into bastards filled with rage.
>>
>>890698
Using the underground with a 3 month old baby sounds like such a fun time.
>>
>>890698
>South London

She wasn't driving in the centre you twat.

>nobody in London is allowed to drive
>>
>>890689
Fucking retarded waste of oxygen die please
>>
>>890684
>>890693
>>890698
lol cyclists

stay mad. win them hearts and minds.
>>
>>890693
I read that first line as dark skin BBC
>>
>>890670
More cyclists should carry ninja dust.
>>
Wow, this story certainly makes me want to ride a bike and hang out with these mentally stable and rational individuals known as "cyclists."
>>
File: por.jpg (473 KB, 1141x856) Image search: [Google]
por.jpg
473 KB, 1141x856
>>890670
>three-month-old son
Hestartedit.
,,look athat smug posture,, eating bits of glass, while "Mom, gets the PIC!
,,, Troublemaker!
>>
>>890746
instigating conflicts with strangers while looking after a baby sure is rational behaviour right
>>
>>890751
The only evidence we have right now is smashed windows on a car. No damage to the cyclist's person or property. So what exactly are you saying? That telling a cyclist to fuck off is an invitation to have your shit smashed? Or that cyclists are so sensitive that anything can set them off into a rampage so treat encounters with them like encounters with wild animals?
>>
>>890754

Telling anyone to fuck off is an invitation to have your shit smashed. It's not a very responsible attitude when you're in charge of a baby. Not that it justifies the cyclist, of course. Both are dumb murkans being dumb murkans.
>>
>>890754
go around telling people to fuck off is an invitation to get your shit smashed yes

go out and start telling random people to fuck off for a while, then let us know how it went from your hospital bed nerd
>>
>>890754
>Or that cyclists are so sensitive that anything can set them off into a rampage so treat encounters with them like encounters with wild animals?

When you ask that, bare in mind you're talking to:

1) Foaming lycra clad freds
2) Americans

So of course the answer will be "Yes and the fucking baby deserved to get shot WHARRGARBL". This is a group of people who defended a cyclist for riding on a pavement and mowing down a young girl, remember. Cyclists never do ANYTHING wrong.
>>
>>890758
>>890761
The cyclist drew first blood, he thumped their car roof unprovoked. Does telling someone who just fucked with your property to fuck off really justify the person who fucked with you first to fuck your shit up?

>"When we caught up with him I leaned out of the window and said: 'Have some consideration, we've got 'L' plates on and a baby in the back'.

Tbh the part about the baby is obnoxious as fuck but if that is what was actually said how does that comment justify smashing windows? You aren't very good and persuading people to your cause tbh.
>>
>>890670
>she leaned out of the window and told him to be more considerate.
It's more likely she hung out the window and yelled something along the lines of "HEY FUCK YOU, GUY!"
>>
>>890765
>>"When we caught up with him I leaned out of the window and said: 'Have some consideration, we've got 'L' plates on and a baby in the back'.

literally 0.001% chance that was actually what she said

>The cyclist drew first blood, he thumped their car roof unprovoked

impossible to say if it was unprovoked, if she was drifting into a cycle lane or passing too close then he was justified in alerting her
>>
>>890768
Nonetheless, the only side of this story we have is the driver's, since the cyclist broke the law by smashing windows and then rode off to avoid being arrested. It sounds like he knew he was in the wrong, otherwise he would stick around to tell his side of the story.
>>
>>890769
acting in an ethical way and acting within the law are not the same thing though

yeah he probably went too far, but she will probably drive more carefully around cyclists in the future, which might save a cyclists life
>>
>>890769
Nah, this was the best scenario.
Maybe the cager will be more respectful/careful on the road now.
You know, driving a multi ton murder box is a big responsibility after all. People shouldn't take it so casually.
>>
>>890770
There's nothing ethical about smashing windows tbh. Don't delude yourself, this wasn't an act of civil disobedience, it was road rage the same as any other.

Also you're using the same logic that the KKK used to terrorize black people. "If they are afraid of us then we might save more white women from black rapists." It's shitty logic no matter who uses it.
>>
>>890775
>Also you're using the same logic that the KKK used to terrorize black people. "If they are afraid of us then we might save more white women from black rapists." It's shitty logic no matter who uses it.

except no

i'm not saying indiscriminate window smashing of any cars is ok but in this case, proving the following assumptions are true:

>she drove in a way that endangered cyclists, eliciting the thump

>she then showed no remorse for her dangerous actions, providing no evidence she will try and avoid being a hazard in the future

Then there is some justification in giving her a strong message
>>
>>890778
By that logic if you honk at a cyclist for running a red light and endangering road users, and the cyclist shows no remorse or flips you off, a driver has the right to smash their bicycle to send a "strong message."
>>
>>890782
Not the guy you're replying to, but there is a significant difference and that is that you can't realistically smash a bicycle without maiming or killing the rider, unless you force them off the bike at the point of a gun.

Additionally, "almost hitting" a cyclist in a car is basically about the same as "almost killing" the cyclist.

A fender bender that will cause annoyance and a few hundred dollars damage in a car is enough to kill someone on a bike.

That said, if you can come up with a situation where a cyclist almost killed a motorist and shows no remorse, and you can figure out a way to get them off the bike and do some damage to the bike, then yeah, I guess I'm down with that.
>>
>>890783
tbh I'd rather not live in a society where individuals are justified in destroying other people's property because they perceived a lack of remorse in the other person for crimes real or imagined. I'd rather live in a nation of laws.
>>
>>890784
That's great, if the laws were actually enforced. But the society that most people live in regards road deaths with a shrug. You have to do something egregiously vindictive, and be caught on tape with multiple witnesses, and make sworn statements to the effect that you intended to seriously harm or kill someone, before the offense is treated with the respect it deserves. Anything short of that merits a slap on the wrist in the worst case, or more likely just some insurance paperwork to fill out for the survivor.

So what we have is people taking things into their own hands because they correctly perceive the law as unhelpful. Which is why we're having this discussion, as opposed to saying "call the police" because we both know the cops are just going to say "be careful, I'm sure it was no one's fault".
>>
>>890769
>It sounds like he knew he was in the wrong, otherwise he would stick around to tell his side of the story.

"Officer, she passed me unsafely then mouthed off, so I smashed her fucking window."
"Oh ok, you're free to go."

No. You don't stick around after an act of vandalism, whether it was justified or not.
>>
>>890785
I agree that laws are only useful if they are enforced. I'm a driver but I agree it's disgraceful how often motorists who kill or injure pedestrians, cyclists, and other drivers go free without any major consequences. These people need to get manslaughter and prison time bare minimum, if it is proven that their own carelessness, irresponsibility, or malicious intent is responsible.

But I still think enforcing and strenghtening the laws is preferable to vigilantism, since I guarantee you most people who read this article will sympathize with the driver and have a stronger negative view towards cyclists in general.
>>
>>890794
>have a stronger negative view towards cyclists in general.

Sure. But I seriously doubt the cyclist thought he was making some grand statement to the public. Like any road rage incident, both parties were probably feeling pretty normal until the catalyst, the escalation, and then the smashing.

Couple of years ago a cabbie was arguing with a cyclist in my city, the cabbie went ballistic, hit the gas, and bulldozed a pedestrian who wasn't involved in the argument. She lost her leg. He got a ticket for some technical thing. And there were hundreds of witnesses. Unsurprisingly, most people just shrugged.
>>
>>890670
and yet she didnt decide to run his ass down? wtf that nigga would be dead in america if he tried that.
>>
>>890670
Good thing they're English. Here he would have been shot in the face by the driver and the driver wouldn't have been prosecuted for doing so.
>>
File: tough_guy.jpg (78 KB, 1037x778) Image search: [Google]
tough_guy.jpg
78 KB, 1037x778
>>890826
>>890825
Good thing they're not in Dubai. The driver would have been a royal and the cyclist a pakistani laborer, and they would have had the paki's family raped and tortured in the desert before being deported. Preferably with guns because they're even MOAR rough and tough. Also eagles, and pickup trucks. RAWR.
>>
>>890670
Giving in to the rage is not the way.

I was in a similar situation and feel bad about how I reacted ever since. Please /n/igs, be above this.
>>
>>890754
Talk shit, get hit.
>>
>>890958
prolly the best advice on /n
>>
>>890770
>but she will probably drive more carefully around cyclists in the future, which might save a cyclists life
Or she'll hold a grudge and it will be not so fancy for everyone involved.
>>
I find it hard to believe that there is a situation where a cyclist would thump someones car without reason. Also if they were close enough to reach out and touch a car then the car is TOO CLOSE. Knowing motorists, "please be more considerate" is the last thing she would say unless she was the illegitimate child of mother Theresa and the Dalai lama.

Also if she was close enough to yell and actually be heard by the cyclist, she is TOO CLOSE and is distracting and further endangering the cyclist.

The cyclist had every right to send a message, this woman is acting like he reached in the car and smashed the baby or something.

Fuck cagers
>>
>>890793
>How I imagine the world outside of my basement works
>>
>>891013
>Also if they were close enough to reach out and touch a car then the car is TOO CLOSE

It's fucking London m8. The roads aren't twenty foot wide. Cars pass other cars with an inch to spare because that's all the space their is and if they didn't the entire fucking city would grind to a halt.

Cars give cyclists as much space as they can. That is never going to be an entire arms length (which is what 4 foot?). It's been that way since before there were even cars and the streets were full of horses and trolly buses. If you can't handle that simple fact, you have the simple option of not taking your bicycle out onto the streets.
>>
>>891016
>4 foot arms
>>
>>890670
PROOF ALL CYCLISTS ARE PSYCHOPATHS AND CYCLING MUST BE BANNED!!!!!
>>
>>891016
>implying cars passing other cars is remotely similar to cars passing cyclists
>implying everyone has the option to NOT bike whenever they feel like it

You know, for some of us, riding a bike is the only way to get around (for a variety of different reasons) and its not fun having to deal with shithead cagers all the time
>>
>>890670

>tfw one advantage of muslim britain will be paki s freaking out on cyclecucks and beheading them
>>
>>890754
>cyclists are so sensitive that anything can set them off into a rampage

well we knew that already kek
>>
Yeah, that's her story, she probably tried to run him off the road like all psycho cagers. I've had people try to hit me because I (carefully and safely) ran a red light, screaming shit about having to 'wait my turn'.
>>
>>891052
Also, let's face it, cagers can and often do murder cyclists because of their insane jealousy. This guy wouldn't have done what he did without very good justification and, even then, only because he was driven to it.
>>
>>891019
You know, for some of, driving a car if the only way to get around (for a variety of different reasons) and its not fun having to deal with shithead cyclists all the time
>>
>>891052
>>891056
Trying too hard.
>>
>>891057
>deal with shithead cyclists

Typical entitled cager, there is no law that says you have a right to go at least a certain speed. You damn well wait behind me until it's safe to pass and I'll damn well use the entire lane to make sure that happens. Why is waiting a few seconds so terrifying that you literally have to put my life in danger?
>>
>>891017
Obviously I'm allowing for the poor scared cyclist to stay 2ft away from the parked cars. 4ft total.
>>
>>891060
You have NO RIGHT to put my life at risk, if you scrape another cage, you just end up paying money, I could be seriously injured or killed.
>>
>>891059
Typical cyclist who doesn't even understand the basic laws that apply to the road.

http://www.drivingtesttips.biz/minimum-speed-limits-driving-too-slow.html

People like you are precisely why I support a mandatory cycling test and licensing system. You need to learn about the roads you're using.
>>
>>891061
>I could be seriously injured or killed.

Like I said, if you're too scared, simply don't use the roads.

I don't cry because driving on an unrestricted autobahn in Germany means fast cars might pass me; but I can choose to not use unrestructed autobahns. Stop crying because you choose to use narrow roads full of cars. You have EVERY RIGHT to not cycle on them.
>>
>>891062
>Due to the infrequent use of such law, many of us in the UK will have never seen a minimum speed limit sign and were perhaps unaware of their existence.
>they are used to ensure traffic keeps running smoothly

If you really want to keep traffic running smoothly, get out of your cage and put your beetus filled ass on a bike.

>>891065
Shut up, for once in your pathetic life SHUT UP. Read, digest, understand. You are not doing something that is scary for no logical reason. By passing me closely you decrease the margin for error where any error, at the very least, results in me being seriously injured.
>>
>>891068
>implying putting a bunch of fat people on wobbly bikes will keep traffic running smoothly

You're an idiot. Also no one wants to listen to a sanctimonious cyclist who tells everyone else to shut up when they disagree with him.
>>
>>891070
I don't care about people disagreeing with me in a rational way but refusing to see the difference between passing another cage in your cage and passing a cyclist in a cage isn't logical. The fatties wouldn't stay fatties if they were forced to cycle, perhaps there should be a law requiring everyone to cycle a mile for every 5 miles they cage.
>>
>>891076
>I don't care about people disagreeing with me in a rational way
>there should be a law requiring everyone to cycle a mile for every 5 miles they cage.

Right, because you are clearly a rational individual.
>>
>>891068
>Shut up, for once in your pathetic life SHUT UP

You are a perfect example of the sort of unbalanced individual who smashed the poor women's car window.
>>
>>891065
And if you don't want your windows/headlights/taillights/mirrors broken because you piss off a cyclist YOU don't use the roads.
>>
>>891118
So you admit that cyclists tend to be sociopaths who can't control their emotions? Cool. The first step is admitting it.
>>
Should've ran the little bitch over then.
>>
>>891131
>sociopaths
Pretty sure cagers kill significantly more people m8
>>
>>891131
A sociopath is someone who thinks it's appropriate to threaten someone's life for using the wrong kind of vehicle. Stop equating things with lives.
>>
>>891154
so you mean like all those critical mass types?
>>
>>891168
Are you referring to the cagers who plough into cyclists at those events? Yeah, that would be a good example.
>>
There have been times that I've wanted to attack cagers who have endangered my life but I've never done it before, they're in a car and you're on a bike. lol. You'll lose and you won't be able to get away from them.

She probably drove very dangerously and endangered his life and then abused him.

IMHO, road rage is pretty bad in the UK. Even though I was only there for like a week it's fairly noticable.

I'm an aussie and would find no joy in riding in the UK tbh
>>
>>890670
oh noes, what about the children. Think about the children. who the fuck cares, some dude just got sentenced to life in Florida for shooting 10 rounds into a car for playing loud music and killing a 17yo.

People suck, if this kid died we'd probably be better off as a species, one less shitty person (like that 17yo), who the fuck cares
>>
>>891214
>you won't be able to get away from them
Jump on the sidewalk and go opposite a one way road.
Pretty good way to shake a cager.
>>
>>891059
>>891062
How does that work exactly?
Or rather, does the bicycles are expected to use streets to travel? Where I live, if there's no designated bikepath, the cyclist has to use the street to ride. You obviously can't expect him to move as fast as a car does.
>>
>>891154
>threaten someone's life for using the wrong kind of vehicle

The oppression complex is real.

They're not threatening anybody. They're using the road. They're all sharing the road. You, as a cyclist, have the choice to share the road with them or not. Nobody owes you anything, you special snowflake.
>>
>>891214
>She probably

I particularly like the way all the lycra warriors have to make up their own version of events to justify the attack.

None of you yet seem quite sure what roll the baby played in all of this, though. Why don't you invent some scenario where the demon baby leans out of the car window with it's tentacle hooks and grabs the poor defenceless cyclist by the neck, and tries to throw him across the street? I mean we're going for full hyperbole here right? Gotta deflect any criticism. The cyclist DID NOTHING WRONG, amirite?
>>
File: 1418426833568.jpg (190 KB, 381x500) Image search: [Google]
1418426833568.jpg
190 KB, 381x500
>>891314
I'm not a lycra warrior, never worn it in my life.

However, I ride as my main form of transportation and sometimes the near misses can really get to you. I don't really have anger issues but when someone nearly runs you over because they obviously weren't paying attention and then abuses you it certainly puts you in a different state of mind.

We don't know all of the information on the situation but I was just saying that I've been in situations where I felt like doing something aggressive to a motorist.

The role of the baby in this is that the cyclist probably did not know that there was a kid in the back, either way - a baby in the back could have distracted the mother causing bad driving. But really it's just speculation.
>>
>>891313
I like how you changed to using the word "complex" now that you admit that actual oppression is going on.

Coral reefs soon.
>>
>>891062
>driving test rules
>applying to cyclists

Reach much? :^)
>>
>>891320
It's hard to take any of you apologists seriously when you don't even read the fucking article and just spout bullshit.
>>
>>891348
It's hard to take cagers seriously when they lie to cover for being bloodthirsty, planet destroying psychos.
>>
>>891351
>when they lie

No one is lying here though anon. Cyclists are making up stories from the whole cloth to try to justify the other cyclists actions, because cyclists obviously can NEVER BE WRONG but that's not technically "lying".

>psychos

The only psychos are the cyclist who smashed a car window for no reason (scattering glass over an innocent child, even) and the cyclists in this thread who support his action and are suggesting the child & women in the car had it coming because of some made up reason they've just invented.
>>
>>891353
>no reason
;^)
>>
File: 1418201705615.jpg (81 KB, 635x640) Image search: [Google]
1418201705615.jpg
81 KB, 635x640
>>891348
I did read the article. I formed an opinion based on my experience.

Much like what you're doing to the posts by cyclists in this thread.

>>891353
You trying to generate fake outrage is not working friendo, I suggest you try harder with a more intelligent strategy if you want to troll. :)
>>
>>891397
>I formed an opinion based on my experience.

No, you invented a scenario with no evidence at all.
>>
File: 1445496212709.gif (706 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1445496212709.gif
706 KB, 400x225
>>891405
Lol no, at no time did I definitively say that was what happend. I related my experience.

It even says in the article that she passed him and he was close enough to tap her roof and then she wound down her window and had a go at him.
>>
>>890739
I read it as dark meatspin BBC.

yup im fucked
>>
>>891405
Anyone who bikes daily on roads has had near death experiences because of cagers.

Hell, every week I have a new horror story.
>>
>>891448
Oh okay.

Well in my mind he pulled out a gun and threatened to rape her. Fucking cyclists man, they all belong in jail right?
>>
File: 1428394818487.jpg (88 KB, 366x440) Image search: [Google]
1428394818487.jpg
88 KB, 366x440
>>891460
You're new here aren't you? :)
>>
>>890748
Oh, my!!
>>
>>890958
Story?
>>
>>891062
Why don't you go ahead and quote the precise statute that enacts a general minimum speed limit that would apply to cyclists?
>>
File: image.png (624 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.png
624 KB, 1366x768
>Jasper was in the back seat when the window was smashed but he was not injured
>Jasper

story disregarded
>>
>>891522
Little Jasper will probably have ADHD and autism later in life and the helicopter mom will no longer need to blame vaccines, when she can blame cyclists.

Science and reason: +1
Crazy socialist two-wheel terrorists: -9/11
>>
>>891488
I did give in to the negative feeling of rage on a few occasions, but the one situation that I was thinking about here (and is quite similar) is when I was riding in my neighbourhood, on some calm Saturday morning, on a local, low-traffic street, only to be _almost_ run over by a car driven by a lady who thought doing a left-across-the-whole-width-of-the-street-turn to land a cozy parking spot and not look in front of her on the oncoming traffic. Good thing I wasn't going fast, otherwise I would end up under her wheels.
When both of us got to a halt, I expressed my disdain towards her driving skills and tested the hardness of the window. Nothing much happened beyond that, although the kid she was travelling with got pretty scared.
Now, I know crap like that can end anyone's calm, but smacking windows don't solve anything. Telling that poor driver that she was acting recklessly and her driving skills are subpar in strong words but without resorting to violence is how I should've done it. Not for her and her car, not even for that fucking kid, but for myself.
>>
>>891616
and then what? They're just going to defensively escalate the situation until your calm rational attitude is overcome and you're back to rage. There's 0 point in calmly explaining anything to drivers.
>>
>>891620
Pretty much this. To her, "that bike just came out of nowhere". That guy didn't even register to her as someone she nearly killed. Just a crazy man who has the gall to touch her window and try to talk to her. She could have been killed!

If you're going to confront a cager don't expect any kind of common sense. Either let it go, or be ready for wild, irrational escalation. Might as well go straight for the broken mirror and be done with it. Much less chance of your intentions being misunderstood.
>>
>>891620
>There's 0 point in calmly explaining anything to drivers.
There is also 0 point in starting a fistfight, as it will have just about the same impact in the case of the driver understanding what happened.
And as I said, "don't do it" not for them, but for yourself.

>>891638
Well, she did step out of the car and apologized several times.
>If you're going to confront a cager don't expect any kind of common sense.
Sadly, but I have to agree with this.
>>
>>891638
>If you're going to confront a cager don't expect any kind of common sense

How would a cyclist ever know what common sense is anyway? This thread is a perfect example of cyclist psychosis.
>>
>She had been supervising her partner Barnaby Reardon, 33, who is a learner driver, as he drove to work.

i.e. man child learner driver almost kills cyclist.
>>
>>891769
Adult cyclists without licenses who exclusively ride around on bikes aren't any better tbh.
>>
>>891769
>"Haha look at that silly road user learning how to use the road!"
>cycles off through a red light
>>
>>891843
>implying running red lights on a bike is dangerous

more visibility than cars
more agility than cars
stop faster than cars
etc. etc. etc.

if you look around and there are no cars coming, running a red light should be no problem.

besides, most stoplights wont recognize something the size of a bike anyways

>he'll never feel the joy of pedaling through a red light while a line of cars waits to be told when to go

true freedom, i tell you what
>>
>>891860
>travelling 500 miles in 8 hours on the road and then off-roading for another 30 miles and finally hiking 5 miles further to visit an amazing place cyclists will never see

True freedom, I tell you what.
>>
>>891860
>more visibility than cars
>cycles

Cyclists are largely invisible due the size and position on the road. This is the reason they get themselves mown down all the time doing stupid shit like running red lights.

>if you look around and there are no cars coming, running a red light should be no problem.

Why wouldn't this apply equally to a car? You don't get to make up your own rules. You certainly don't get to make up your own rules and then complain about other road users, you fucking assclown.

>he'll never feel the joy of pedaling through a red light while a line of cars waits to be told when to go

No but I know the joy of waiting at a red light and seeing a cyclist decide to pass through it, then nearly colliding with a motorcyclist he didn't see. That was funny.
>>
>>892038
>Cyclists are largely invisible due the size and position on the road. This is the reason they get themselves mown
This is only because retard cagers are too busy texting.

It's also why a lot of cyclists have taken to running annoyingly bright strobe lights even in daytime, and ride in the center lane.

People sometimes slow down and pull over so I can pass, as an added bonus. I assume they think I'm a cop but I've never stopped to ask.

From behind, the worst I have to deal with is a little honking, mostly from commercial vehicles, which are the only ones who should be on the road anyway, so I let those pass.
>>
>>891522
It's Bongland m8. Jasper's an English name.
>>
>>891902
>implying that is impossible to do on a bike

>>892038
"visibility" here refers to being able to look around and see the entire situation without having to deal with blindspots (like what you get being trapped inside a cage whenever you go somewhere) Also cyclists being seen has a lot to do with motorists actually looking at the road every once in a while and not being retarded.

and no it doesnt apply to cars, because cars are big enough to trigger the sensors that tell a red light when to change, bikes arent, so running them is the only logical option because im not gonna sit there and wait for a car to come and change it for me.

it is assumed that "running a red light" is done after at least slowing down to see that it's safe. Bikes operate on different principles than cars, and should be treated differently. It's actually in the laws, iirc, that a bike can run a red light if theyve been waiting for at least 30 or 60 seconds or something. i usually end up waiting, just because i know some dumbass is going to get mad at me sometime and i really dont feel like explaining basic logic to some gas guzzling idiot. Stop signs are fair game though, they're basically yield signs

>come up to a red light
>cars at least 5 seconds away
>ride through it
>as car finally gets to intersection and i've safely crossed
>they honk at me

lmao
>>
File: coral-reefs.jpg (70 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
coral-reefs.jpg
70 KB, 600x350
>>892111
>come up to a red light
>cars at least 5 seconds away
>ride through it
>as car finally gets to intersection and i've safely crossed
>they honk at me

It's just a reflex response that cagers do when they see a bike. They are physically incapable of responding rationally so they honk mindlessly. It's like fish twitching after you chop their heads off. Just nerves. No sense in reading too much into it.

I think the cagers will find that they get along quite well with fish, in fact.
>>
>>892038
When you walk around a city, do you stop at every red light? Like, if no one is coming, do you still wait?
>>
>>892111
>>892119
>>892122
>We're special snowflakes and the laws don't apply to us

Cool story my lycra clad bro's
>>
>>892126
;^)
>>
>>892126
y r u mad tho

Cyclists get the benefit of being both a vehicle and a pedestrian (since they can instantly change from one to the other).

This isn't a hard concept m80.
>>
>>892119
fuck, it must be, it literally conveys zero useful information. Its like if someone just grunted at something. i cant stand when people honk, even if theyre friendly or something. The worst was when some fucking soccer mom sped past me and honked RIGHT AS SHE WENT BY so it caught me off guard and i yelled out "what the fuck" and gave her the finger. she slammed on her brakes but ended up just continuing on and there was no confrontation.

but seriously, cagers shouldnt be allowed to have horns, fuck em
>>
>>892132
It's really weird when they don't understand this. Why is it so hard for them to understand?
>>
>>890670
And I have no doubt the woman was being an absolute saint. Someone doesn't smash your window for no reason. If you've got an infant in the car, is it really the smartest idea to start shit? Just move along and swallow your pride. If you want to yell at a complete stranger on the road, you don't know who they are and how they'll react. Did this woman really think she could back up her words?
>>
File: 25oklahoma-02-superJumbo.jpg (460 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
25oklahoma-02-superJumbo.jpg
460 KB, 2048x1365
This just happened in Flyover Land.

Apparently the cager was just minding her own business when all of a sudden 49 obstacles shaped like people just came out of nowhere and started hitting her hood and windshield.

It was obviously some kind of anti-car extremist protest. She could have been killed!
>>
>>892315
>It was all her fault that a little kid got covered in glass because she "started it" even though I have absolutely no evidence of any of this
>The cyclist was totally write to break someone else's property and cover a young child in glass because of the reasons I have just invented.

Cyclist can do no wrong.
>>
>>892326
>starting shit because you know that the person would stop if they saw a kid inside the car
>except the kid is invisible because tinted glass but cagers are oblivious to what things look like from the outside of a cage, so how would they know?
>using an infant as a human shield, poorly
Cager can do no wrong
>>
>>892328
>I'm just going to carry making shit up

You have no proof of any of this. I'm sure if the poor cyclist would like to step forward he can report the awful scary car driver for her reckless and dangerous driving; oddly enough he hasn't done that. Poor thing is probably still working his way through the PTSD; no doubt he'll speak up soon enough though.
>>
>>892332
We've been over this. There is no such thing as "reporting a cager for reckless driving", which is why people sometimes take matters into their own hands. There is nothing to be gained for "stepping forward". The cager, hopefully, learned her lesson. If not, at least she paid a price, which is better than nothing.
>>
>>892332
>call the cops on this driver in a sea of other drivers, dont do anything yourself, just report them

hows that boot taste, you yellow-bellied fuck
>>
>>892334
>There is no such thing as "reporting a cager for reckless driving"

http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/fact_sheets/dangerous_driving/
>>
>>892341
>When a death occurs on the road and an offence may have been committed, the police will investigate.
Can't report an offence [sic] if you're dead, fam
>>
>>892344
>The cyclist in this incident is dead now

It just keeps going...
>>
>>892348
So where's the link that says the police will investigate reckless driving when there wasn't a death? Because the one you posted says they'll investigate in the event of a death.

While you're at it, post the link that shows that they actually do investigate in practice.
>>
>>892348
no you dong, he's saying that if a motorist is driving dangerously enough that it would be a reportable offense and they hit a cyclist, the cyclist wold be dead.

the cager is in the wrong here because she is behind the wheel of a thousand pound vehicle capable of traveling at very high speeds. this means she has to uphold a certain level of responsibility, especially when shes near pedestrians/cyclists/etc. Her lack of awareness could lead to a death,
>>
>>892351
>the cager is in the wrong here because cyclists can do no wrong

Lycra'd that for you.
>>
>>892426
It's true though
:^)
>>
>>892464
Committing aggravated assault as a response to perceived reckless driving isn't right. You don't escalate an infraction with a felony.
>>
File: wireguard.jpg (934 KB, 2632x1218) Image search: [Google]
wireguard.jpg
934 KB, 2632x1218
>>892426
OK!!!,, im HYPED up onCOOFFEE and Shcwatzinager movies,,,, im FRUSTRATED and FINAL ready to SSSSNAP!, thanks to zanix and Coors!!!, Wellbutran quideme!,,
,,i set my Sights on MAss Killing,,, useing my bike, for ecofreindlyness!!,, AAAAaaHA!, a crowd of Parade Goers!, sneak up behind,,, and start my ATTACK RUN!, FULL SPEED!,, RED11><>< going IN!
,,,my own frail legs shatter like weak foil,, the first ,and possibly only, leg i hit will break!!,, AHHH!!,,, VICTORY!,
,, then the crowd will brunt the shock,, maybe getting some fall injurys! HA!
,,, so the kill part is CARAP!,, need some shocking quotes to squeal, " PoloLoco Ackbar!".
,,unless,, Unless i can catch that little FK out in the open,, YA! YOU STARTED IT!! w ho was throwing GANG signs and flipping me off out the back window!??
,,Try that when you psyco momo isnt there to back you up ,"Jasper!!
>>
>>890778
>"strong message"
>terrorizing a woman & injuring a toddler

Please die.
>>
>>892315
>'How dare she even open her mouth and say shit to me! She totally deserves to be intimidated, have her child injured and property destroyed!'

Seriously, fuck off trying to justify this shit. It's not up to her not to say anything whatsoever, just what is it with cyclists all being misogynist scumjock fucks,hmmm? Bullied in school too much?
>>
File: 1400471024282.jpg (39 KB, 374x347) Image search: [Google]
1400471024282.jpg
39 KB, 374x347
>>892545
>>
>>892532
Nobody seriously claimed that the cyclists actions were justified.
>>
>>892560
>b-bullied in sc-school much?

The point is that you shouldn't start shit because some people are prone to violence. Whether they're cyclists or motorists it's always a bad idea. Lots of people get road rage it's not indicative of the vehicle they're driving.
>>
>>892575
>Nobody seriously claimed that the cyclists actions were justified.
>This entire thread.

>>892576
>The point is that you shouldn't start shit because some people are prone to violence

I guess we can add "betas" to the list of characteristics of the average lycra road warrior.
>>
>>892545
Bacon pls, you are above that.
>>
File: mermo.jpg (529 KB, 1464x962) Image search: [Google]
mermo.jpg
529 KB, 1464x962
>>892626
sry,,, its the cold mornings., makes me all bitchy.
,,the disconect between driving and destruction ,, every month another pod of kids dies,, they buy bigger trucks to slaughter all those whoget in Thier way.,
,bikes are so light ,, Bodyslam is all you get.
,pic> mytail.
>>
Watch cyclists ITT be unable to figure out how to respond to this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIQ59110tt8
>>
File: yummers.jpg (623 KB, 1716x1287) Image search: [Google]
yummers.jpg
623 KB, 1716x1287
>>892725
>>
>>892725
>niggers
niggers?
niggers.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1334x750
>>892725
>>
>>892740
look at the handlebars
>>
>>892740
>>892741
I'd beat the shit out of him for hobo bars.
>>
>>892740
Gross
>>
>>892725
didn't watch lol
>>
>>892740
>>892741
>>892748
>>892753
>>892754
I can't say I'm surprised by these responses.

So let's recap: cagers are all evil scum (well, depending on their race, I guess) who deserve to have their shit smashed if they even dare to look at a cyclist the wrong way, even if the cyclist is the one who fucks up and instigates, but if oppressed pedestrian youths harass and attack a cyclist for no reason, the cyclist is at fault for superficial reasons. Interesting. I guess the problem you have isn't actually with people harassing cyclists, just when certain kinds of people happen to do it.
>>
>>892756
Are you autistic?
Niggers are always at fault. It goes without saying.
>>
>>892607
Use your brain. It even says that she 'told him to be careful'. Fucking kek, as if she phrased it at all like that. She had a go at him, and he retaliated. That's what happens on the road if you want to antagonise a complete stranger. The cyclist's actions were excessive obviously, but stop fucking being a bitch and absolving the woman of any responsibility for what happened to her kid. Yes the cyclist did it, but she caused the situation by hurling abuse.
>>
>>892768
>blaming the victim
>>
>>892771
Well yeah when the woman wants to be a smart mouth and then cry victim when the person actually retaliates, yeah I will blame the victim.
>>
>>892783
>retaliating with violence after a spoken insult
>justifiable

underage b&
>>
>>892756
dude i just thought it was funny. i am glad this man is enjoying cycling and saddened that he was attacked on a ride. i ride at night as well and seeing a fellow night rider being attacked by hooligans is greatly disheartening. that doesn't change the fact that his handlebars are still hilarious
>>
cyclists are social cancer
>>
>>892803
>retaliating with violence after a spoken insult
Almost all violence starts with words you fucking autist. Topkek m8.
>>
Can I just say, as a driver and as a pedestrian: cyclists are the scum of the Earth and I would gladly run one over if I thought I could get away with it.
>>
>>892720
>cold mornings
My only gripe is when the morning is cold, but the evening is much warmer and I have to put on warm clothes and then carry them under my arm on the way back.
>,,the disconect between driving and destruction ,, every month another pod of kids dies,, they buy bigger trucks to slaughter all those whoget in Thier way.,
Make a haiku out of this.
>>
Can I just say, as a cyclist and as a pedestrian: cagers are the scum of the Earth and I would gladly smash a cager's baby with my ulock if I thought I could get away with it.
>>
>>892831
>>892873
calm down lads thats a bit too edgy
>>
File: 1424100205142.png (304 KB, 462x353) Image search: [Google]
1424100205142.png
304 KB, 462x353
>>892831
>>892824
>>
>>892831
Get cancer
>>
>>892835
of course roads are safe!
pod of kids smeared on spring's curb?
can't tell with big wheels!
>>
>>893178
Noice.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.