[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
legal to ride in new york city?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: balancing_scooter.jpg (301 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
balancing_scooter.jpg
301 KB, 1000x1000
heard that segways and electric bikes aren't allowed in nyc.
maybe this can be considered a mobility device (like powered wheel chair)?
>>
>>882922
>nyc
>anything being legal
>>
>>882936
>try ontario
>>
>>882922
I want to fug that animu
>>
>>882922
>heard that segways and electric bikes aren't allowed in nyc.
>maybe this can be considered a mobility device (like powered wheel chair)?
the rules should be in the state's motor vehicle code

segways werent legal to ride anywhere on public property in the USA when they first came out. two cities (Portland and Seattle maybe?) passed special laws allowing them on sidewalks. everywhere else they are still technically illegal--though in a lot of smaller communities the cops might not care as long as you weren't doing anything really stupid with one

I don't know about all 50 states, but the laws usually go like this:
,,,,the only non-motorized vehicles usually allowed on public roads are bicycles and draft animals and draft-powered vehicles (horses & horse-drawn buggies).
,,,,the only motorized vehicles allowed on public sidewalks is mobility devices for the handicapped. these vehicles have a separate set of technical rules (at the federal level IIRC) that states revert to using... one rule is that they have a max 12mph speed limit. and it's gotta be used by a real, actual handicapped person.

segways (or OP's scooter) don't qualify to ride in the street or on public sidewalks
~~~~~~~~~
with electric bikes there is ways to disguise the motor & batteries. a lot of people do it where they're not legal and cops can't find anything better to do
>>
>>882922
Why would you ride that shit?
Some kid down the street uses one after school and it's slow as hell when I watch it.
>>
I saw a guy crossing the pulaski bridge with an electric skateboard. I doubt the police care - it's not as obvious as a segway. I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket for an electric bike.
>>
> Coworker just under me buys one, won't stop talking about it. 6MPH top speed.
> Comes into work the next day fucked up.
> Apparently fell and split his fucking head open.
> Can barely function. Walk him through the normal signs of a concussion.
> Finally get him to call his GF, get her to pick his ass up after I threaten to fire him if he doesn't get medical attention.
> Goes to see some family clinic guy, who immediately tells him to go to the ER.
> Has a seizure in the parking lot and collapses.
> Get a text from his GF hours later saying "they're removing his breathing tube."
> Nearly shit a brick until she follows it up with "I think he's the worst of it."

Fucking people almost dying on a board like this.
>>
>>884664
6mph is unnaturally fast for a human to be travelling, no wonder he got fucked up.
>>
>>882922
>using the Vine-mobile
>ever

Last I checked those things are all Chinese knockoffs anyway
>>
>>885220
>6mph is unnaturally fast for a human to be travelling,

That's not even a decent running speed.
>>
>>884664

If you have the ability to fire someone, they are not your coworker, they are your subordinate.
>>
>>885440
>tfw that is getting really close to my max running speed

fuck I am slow and hate running
>>
>>882922
Yes you may ride this girl
>>
>>885468
That guy couldn't tell the difference. He had a concussion.
>>
>>882922
Technically they may not be allowed in NYC, but electric bikes are used all the time especially for restaurant delivery, especially at Chinese owned establishments.
>>
>>884664

Made up bullshit. Go back to /r/askreddit and peddle your lies there.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.