[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DIRT BIKES w/ LONG FORKS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: ForkTubeQUestion.png (1007 KB, 2000x1038) Image search: [Google]
ForkTubeQUestion.png
1007 KB, 2000x1038
Hello /n/

What Dirt Bike has the longest fork tube?

I'm looking for a fork that is 33" inches in length and preferably less than 2" inches in diameter.
>>
This goes to /o/
>>
>>936711
First of all you don't measure fork length that way, it's measured from the centre of the axle to the lower crown bearing race seat (where the steerer tube joins the crown), called the axle to crown length. To then know if it'll fit your particular frame you need to know the headtube length and headset stack height, add them together and make sure the steerer tube is slightly longer than that.

Regarding your required dimensions, no bicycle fork is going to meet those except perhaps a Super Monster. However if this is going on an actual motorcross bike then you probably are better off asking /o/ as I have no idea what the headset standards are for those.
>>
>>936711
You can't build a "rocket bike" you dumbass. your plans looked stupid anyways
>>
>>936930

It's not going to be jet rocket propulsion.

I'm just making a bicycle look like a jet rocket for aerodynamics

The bicycle is going to have a new propulsion system not yet done on a bicycle.
>>
>>937067
Have you asked your mom permission to do all this in her basement? She might not be too happy when you burn the house down and you end up being sold off to the circus.
>>
>>937071
All Electrical. No Fuel. No Fire.
>>
>>937083
Because ghetto electrical work done by retards who shouldn't be allowed an AA battery because of the choking hazard never shorts and bursts into flame.
>>
>>937083
> what is electrical fire
>>
>>937083
>wat is battery explosion
Twelve year olds shouldn't mess with grown-up toys.
>>
File: 88 mph.webm (3 MB, 426x320) Image search: [Google]
88 mph.webm
3 MB, 426x320
>>937083
>All Electrical . . . No Fire.
>>
>>937067
>>937083
>>936405
Hate to burst your bubble, but:

1) Making it look like a "jet rocket" is not going to make it aerodynamic
2) Electric bikes have already been done, for years and years and years.
3) Electric fires are very much a thing
>>
>>936711
Since you are designing a super custom bike anyway, why get hung up on mass produced forks. Make your own fork that suits your design
>>
>>937122
goddamn i love watching these stupid ass things catch on fire
>>
>>937083
>The bicycle is going to have a new propulsion system not yet done on a bicycle.

>>937083
>All Electrical. No Fuel. No Fire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_bicycle
>>
>>937338
There's more?
>vids pls

I don't even know what these things are called.
>>
>>937098
I don't plan to use any batteries.
>>
>>938363

So some kind of crazy super capacitor then? I hope the only person you electrocute is yourself. The good news is with the current you may be able to generate death will be quick.
>>
>>936711
Ask the rocket jet bike fag two threads over.
>>936405
>>
>>939538
I think it's the same faggot
>Sage
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.