[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Craigslist Thread? Craigslist Thread I just found this gem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10
File: CL 1.png (455 KB, 651x527) Image search: [Google]
CL 1.png
455 KB, 651x527
Craigslist Thread? Craigslist Thread

I just found this gem
>>
Catalog. Fuck yourself
>>
Holy mother of god.

1. Frame is factory, if you dont count the electrical tape on the rear. $50.

2. Forks are dangerously shitty. -$10.

3. if the handlebars are in the shape of the front forks. -$10.

4. the front tire is shit/gay -$10.

5. The tire on the back is way too small -$10.

6. If the seat is mounted like the forks. -$10.

7. Overall shittyness of the complete bike. ( literally shit. -$.6.50.

its literally just an amalgamation of shit/spare parts, except for the front forks which are dangerously shitty.

Worth about three fiddy.
>>
>>908932
This fits your gay lifestyle...
>>
File: CL 2.png (368 KB, 625x543) Image search: [Google]
CL 2.png
368 KB, 625x543
>CUSTOM 2000 SLAMMER. I spent over $2000.00 building this, buy it for half of what I paid. This bike is MINT! NEVER ridden. Not pictured, but will come with new blue Animal Hamilton sealed bearing pedals. $1000.00 FIRM

>$2000
>NEVER RIDDEN
>$1000 FIRM
>>
>>908973
Stupid nigger bike for a dumb nigga price.
>>
how much would a haro nyquist 2 be worth?
>>
>>908973

An old dyno slammer in good condition actually will sell for roughly that price if the parts are all legit. Vintage bmx shit is just weird like that.
>>
File: 00l0l_fZQcy5UPyAm_600x450.jpg (40 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
00l0l_fZQcy5UPyAm_600x450.jpg
40 KB, 600x401
Thoughts on this sweet trollbike?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/5387450316.html

>Here is a super clean smooth riding and fairly light Salsa Moto Rapido bike for sale. The bike has minor blemishes but no dents or cracks! Wheels were custom built with NOS Deore DX hubs and Mavic hoops. Cranks were also NOS when installed. Parts are as listed:

>16in Salsa Moto Rapido aluminum/carbon frame
>NOS Mavic hoops w/ NOS Deore DX hubs
>NOS Shimano Deore LX Crankset
>Chris King Rasta Headset
>Tubro Platform pedals
>XT Rear derailluer
>LX Front Derailluer
>NOS Avid Brake Levers
>Deore Thumb Shifters
>Clear Oury Grips
>Salsa Moto Ace Stem
>Profile Carbon riser bar
>XTR V-brakes
>Rock Shock Sid Fork
>>
>>908973
Quick to judge for someone who seems to know next to nothing about the BMX market.
>>
>>913043
I don't really see anything wrong here, it's a cool bike, an odd candidate for use as a town bike (slick tires, upright posture) but it would only take a few minutes to reconfigure it as a fun trail bike.
>>
Fuck I used to have so many good ones saved but i cleaned out my computer awhile ago
drag
>>908949
shut up dude
>>
>>911915
>>913051
I feel like he's pointing out how stupid is to spend $2k on a bike and not ride it but I could be wrong
>>
File: bike.jpg (3 MB, 1600x4776) Image search: [Google]
bike.jpg
3 MB, 1600x4776
is this bike ok? Frame looks a bit on the large side. Seller says its rideable.
>>
>>913088
Rusty Frame
Rusty Headset
Rusty Brakes
Rusty Chainring
Rusty Front Derailleur
Rusty Spokes
Rusty Hubs
Rusty Rims
Even fucking rusty QR

There is fucking rust and dirty everywhere, wouldn't even buy if you don't plan to bath it in WD-40 for a week. The Bottom Bracket is probably rusted to oblivion too, the chainstay is dirty as fuck and since the Wheels caught rust too, i may assume that the hubs run like shit. Grease where it should belong like the headset is probably gone to Heaven, as well as the bearings are bonedry inside the Hubs

This is no Bike to buy if you don't plan to restore it with passion and obsession
>>
>>913088
Dear god.

Rust everywhere. Headset, hubs, bottom bracket, spokes, brakes, seat clamp, frame... Aluminum oxide all over the brake levers.

Bearings in the BB and hubs are almost certainly shot. I guarantee it rides like crap and barely shifts.

>Dat crosschained small-small

6-speed Uniglide cassette and non-slant-parallelogram rear-derailleur. Fuckin' stem shifters and chicken levers.

The only reason you should EVER buy a bike in this shape is if the frame is rare/collectible, and this one ain't.

Given that it has new-looking tires, it *might* be worth a crisp 20 dollar bill.
>>
>>913088
When the bar tape is worth more than the rest of the bike....
>>
>>913095
I wanted to try my hand at restoring a cheap road bike. I don't mind cleaning it and learning how to take it apart. It will definitely be a passion project.

>>913097
got it for $10

Is there anything I should look out for as major signs its beyond repair? Cracked/bent frame or something.
>>
>>913109
Good luck, m8… it'll take some doing. I recommend replacing all the components save the bars/stem. Shimano RX100 or RSX for the drivetrain; probably Dia-Compe 610 center-pull calipers for sufficient reach; whatever set of decent non-aero brake levers you can find; Shimano cartridge-bearing bottom bracket. Spokes are not long for this world; will need to check whether rims are steel (if so, junk the wheelset entirely).
>>
>>913109
Well, you're sure going to learn how to take it apart, because you need to throw almost all of the components away.

>>913129
Given the aluminum oxide all over all of the aluminum parts (including the stem), I'd toss the stem as well. Otherwise, I agree with all of this.
>>
What terms do I use to search for an entry level road bike.
Please respond /n/.
>>
Im a special snowflake and want a cool road bike in the $1000 range that is 50-52cm

already have pedals

someone help me find one on seattle craigslist?
>>
>>911915
vintage BMX is expensive now because all the old timers who used to ride in the early 80s are now 50+ and trying to buy up their old memorabilia and collect all the good stuff now that they get to cash out their 401k.
>>
>>913109
>>913129
I just noticed the rims are MAVIC... keep those, but lace them/have them laced to new hubs with stainless steel spokes.
>>913167
Can you red-pill me on the Al oxide thing? I would've figured the stem would just need cleaning/polishing...
>>
>>913236
y'mean search terms?
>>
>>913287
Yes. I don't really know what to type in aside from just "road bike". Don't really know what the good/bad manufacturers are either.
>>
>>913289
try...
road bike -huffy -haro -mongoose -roadmaster
...as a start
>>
>>913257

They still make for pretty sick mechanics, though. The ones who stuck with working on bikes for any length of time are fucking wizards.
>>
File: yn.jpg (149 KB, 751x707) Image search: [Google]
yn.jpg
149 KB, 751x707
Is this a good deal? Pls respond.
I'm afraid of getting a shitheap that I would need to put a lot of work into if I were to go older, and DT shifters look annoying as hell.
>>
>>913589
That's a fair deal, it's not a shitheap but not anything exciting either. Eyeballing the frame size I'd estimate you'd need to be between 5'8" and 6' to ride it.
>>
>>913590
that frame is pretty tiny, looks like a 49cm or 52cm. Manlet sized.
>>
>>913589

Lowball the shit out of him

Spend the rest on the money on new tires and saddle
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-14-11-40-41.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-14-11-40-41.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
opinions?
>>
>>914129
>old pos
>750
rusrs?
>>
>>914134
US dollars, wasn't sure if it was okay or not
>>
>>913590
>between 5'8" and 6' to ride it.
Nigga the top tube and downtube come into the head tube at almost the same point. that's like a 52 cm frame. You gotta be legit manlet status for it.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (106 KB, 636x478) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
106 KB, 636x478
>>914218
If those are 700c wheels, it is not a 49 or 52. The toptube is at least as long as the diameter of the wheel, so either it is at least a very long 56. or it's a bike so small that they built it with a smaller wheel size.
>>
File: Untitled.png (889 KB, 879x610) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
889 KB, 879x610
>>908932
/thread

1600$

Rama: RockRider Double Heat treated aluminijska rama.
Vilica: Sixer.120 mm travel.
Zadnji amortizer: Maverick Tough Shock 120 mm travel.
Kocnice:DECIPHER-nove.
Volan: Jaw Breaker carbon.
Lula: Mongoose intrepid.
Pogonski zupcanik: Raceface 44t. 1x9.
Zatezac: Mr.DIRT double gizmo. Zatvoreni.
Shifter: Acera light click.
Felge: StealthINVADER,titan magnezij legura.
Gume:SWEETSKINZ- Scorch trail light luminous ( kada su obasjane, reflektiraju svjetlo nazad prema izvoru.Vidi se na jednoj slici ).
Pedale: POCOOL.
Grip: WohoREDcandy.
Buziri: Jagwire.
Pogon:Shimano Stealth.( necujan, dobar za prikradanje ). :)
>>
>>913077
Thats a bit of it, if i spent that much on a bike i'd ride it all the time, hell, i'd probably even sleep next to it

also that you would spend so much building a "brand new" bike and then sell it for half of what you put in to it
>>
>>914940
>>914940
Club Roost guy's Ukrainian cousin?
>>
>>908959
eh I'd buy that for 30 bucks. dudes right, would make a fun rat rod bike
>>
>>
>>913088
Don't listen to these elitists. It is definitely ride-able. I'd just tune it up,,scrub off some rust, and re-lubricate the drivetrain. might not look too fancy, but you could certainly put some miles in an oldy such as that one as a commuter.

How much is he charging for it?
>>
>>915117
behold, one of simple mind
>>
https://newjersey.craigslist.org/bik/5409878145.html

For a good laugh
>>
>>908932
nice
>>
https://youtu.be/enoxAiYpLOw?t=13m21s
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.