[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOLY SHIT BLIMPTRAIN IS REAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: Blimptrain.jpg (129 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Blimptrain.jpg
129 KB, 1024x768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON1j2TJCoQU

Russia delivers again.
>>
why
>>
>>900959
FUN
>>
>>900914
From google translate:

Good evening everyone. Here we have tried to show that now can craft, made of modern materials and the effective mass of 50-70 kilograms per conditioned passenger trains is about one ton per passenger, as they say, feel the difference. And not fly high, also has some very serious advantages. First - we can feed an electric current from a steel trestle over which we fly, and it allows us to not have to aircraft such mandatory for autonomous aircrafts things as fuel, cooling, batteries, gears, transmission shafts, gearbox, clutch brake rotor, main gearbox, and you ponimaete- is the hardest thing in the helicopter and not reliable in operation. Freed from all that, the aircraft becomes much easier and more reliable at times. The phone is nothing but electrical drives and drive control system, it is a very reliable thing, even just because it is extremely simple. Second - modern electric motors can achieve a unique ratio of weight to the power of 5 kW per 1 kg of weight in most modern helicopters is hardly typed 1 kW per 1 kg of body weight of the motor. In short, eat through the current collector, and have in the cabinet only drive end of a completely new and very advantageous condition at the drives are so high acceleration speed, in the direction of increasing that to decrease the number of revolutions that it can in the sky, rooted to the spot as tied, maneuverability is fantastic.
>>
File: vid.gif (318 KB, 1265x664) Image search: [Google]
vid.gif
318 KB, 1265x664
>>900914
who makes these vidyas and what engine/program are they using?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXWJrpA8FnE
>>
>>900914
It's not a blimptrain it's a dronetrain. Interesting as fuark though.

I imagine theese things could fly very fast, and be setup much cheaper than railroads, since you don't need tunnels and such, you just fly over the mountains, highways, etc.
>>
What's even the point of the rail thingie? It's not pulling or commanding in any way the ship
>>
>>901004
Those look amazing and seem far more efficient than fighter jets. They would be perfect for terrorism or overthrowing governments.
>>
>>901009
Electricity. The helicopter uses electric engines. The rail provides it.
>>
>>901009
It is. Direction.
>>
>>900914
total fiction
(and it's not efficient: drones have terrible propulsive efficiency, much worse than a normal helicopter--and a normal helicopter is much worse than a typical airplane)

>>901009
>What's even the point of the rail thingie? It's not pulling or commanding in any way the ship
It's electric, and that rail thing and connecting line is how it gets its power. Any kind of batteries would be way too heavy.

>>901004
>who makes these vidyas
somebody very bored and very silly
>>
>>900914
What nonsense. Did an eight year old design this?
>>
So what is the intended point of this thing, beyond transporting people using far more energy that a normal train running along that rail would?
>>
File: sad 1337 h4xx0r.gif (1 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
sad 1337 h4xx0r.gif
1 MB, 720x720
>Not actually a BlimpTrain
>Really a BlimpPoweredLift
More empty promises…
>>
File: 1447980170132.jpg (84 KB, 390x500) Image search: [Google]
1447980170132.jpg
84 KB, 390x500
>>900914
>>901004

This whole YouTube channel is fucking batshit crazy.
>>
>>901002
What the duck is this translation
>>
>>901004

Russia dragging it's ego again.
>>
>>901005
>It's not a blimptrain it's a dronetrain.
So it's official, then? Quadcopter == drone, even if it's manned?
>>
File: 1448470152635s.jpg (3 KB, 125x121) Image search: [Google]
1448470152635s.jpg
3 KB, 125x121
>its not a blimp train its a blimp attached to 4 wheels
>>
>>901004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgVboyyeHIw&ab_channel=DahirInsaat
>A bed that kills you before a earthquake does
>>
That's not a blimp its some sort of autogiro
>>
>>901310
Your own self contained coffin
>>
B U R G E R
>>
>>901004
>Saving a large static image as a gif
>>
>>901310
not a bad idea, but how the fuck would you get to the rations underneath the mattress you're on and surrounded by?
>>
>>901639
>He can't chew through a mattress
Wow, check out babby teeth over here.
>>
>>901004

And I thought drones were terrifying before...
>>
>>901004
This autist has zero concept of engineering. What over complicated, completely unrealistic garbage.
>>
>>901384
>Saving a large static image as a gif
whats wrong with gifs?
>>
>>902059
256-color garbage
>>
File: thehum.png (441 KB, 958x716) Image search: [Google]
thehum.png
441 KB, 958x716
>>902062
so whats best? png?
>>
>>902065
What's that pic and what's the hum?
>>
File: hum (2).jpg (196 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
hum (2).jpg
196 KB, 1920x1200
>>902069
>What's that pic and what's the hum?
its some sort of very deep humming sound some people hear from time to time and i am one of them
(at the moment its active)
http://www.thehum.info/
whatever the guy from the pic/vid managed to record it. here is the vid:
www.youtube.com/watch?t=192&v=MJkcHwvKdv8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW9cyHmjeyk
>>
>>902076
Oh shit! I heard about this before.
At first I thought I thought you referring to tinnitus.
>>
File: hum.jpg (36 KB, 594x250) Image search: [Google]
hum.jpg
36 KB, 594x250
>>902086
its definitly not tinnitus. you just need expensive microphones to record it and make it audible for everyone. 1.000 u$d+
i think that there are many more who hear it but most will say its some machinery arround and ignore it because it sounds like a mixture between an ideling truck far away or some fridge compressor.
>>
>>902089
Amazing stuff. I went on a search to learn more. So much we have to discover still.
>>
>>902065
There's no 'best'. Horses for courses.
http://www.ransen.com/Articles/Formats/Image-Formats.htm

>Large areas of flat colour
>Image's value is the text it depicts
png

>Photographic image
>Minute details are not critical
jpeg

>Animation
WebM
>>
>>900914
given the abundance of scantily clad femmes, the correct name should be PimpTrain
>>
>>902076
>>902089
>>902127
Seems kinda obvious that a very large, flexible, moving object would emit a sound.
>>
>>903301
You're a very large, flexible moving object emitting sound.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.