[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do cagers cage, /n/? >Do you post anti-cager posts on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: gas.jpg (158 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
gas.jpg
158 KB, 500x375
Why do cagers cage, /n/?

>Do you post anti-cager posts on /n/?
>If the answer to the above is yes: Is it seriously or jokingly? Do you actually hate cagers?
>Do you have a car?
>Have you ever had a car?
>Do you drive?
>Have you ever driven?
>Do you have a driver's license?
>Have you ever had a driver's license?
>>
>>Do you post anti-cager posts on /n/?
Yes.
>>If the answer to the above is yes: Is it seriously or jokingly? Do you actually hate cagers?
In the middle. I hate cagers as in the bad drivers that act like they own the road and don't give a fuck about anyone or anything. I also hate people that drive all the time when it's a short distance and they could easily commute by bicycle or by foot instead.
>>Do you have a car?
Yes
>>Do you drive?
Yes, but I prefer to commute by bike when feasible
>>Do you have a driver's license?
Yes
>>
Sometimes
Both
No
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
>>
>>963609
LOL no
>If the answer to the above is yes: Is it seriously or jokingly? Do you actually hate cagers?
n/a
>Do you have a car?
Yes!
Several!
>Do you drive?
Duh, yes!
>Have you ever driven?
Duh, yes!
For decades!
For decades!

OP your post, and all posts like them, stink of being Underage B& and a NEET.
Try getting a job, and a life, and stop demonizing people and things you obviously can't afford. All it does is make you look rediculous.
Need I remind you that without these horrible 'cages' you seem to hate so much, many of your friends an family wouldn't be alive, including you, you wouldn't have even half the things you have, including your bike? Stop acting like a silly child and posting nonsense. One day you will have a car, and you'll LIKE having a car. Even if you resist up to the point of being married, that'll all come to an end the day your wife says to you "Honey, I'm pregnant!" because you'll be a bad parent if you can't get your sick kid to the hospital or doctor fast enough. So how about you stop being silly, okay?
>>
>>963609
Sometimes
>>If the answer to the above is yes: Is it seriously or jokingly? Do you actually hate cagers?
Sometimes
>>Do you have a car?
No
>>Have you ever had a car?
No
>>Do you drive?
No
>>Have you ever driven?
Yes
Yes
>>Have you ever had a driver's license?
It's technically a motorcycle-only license.

Also motorcyclists use the term cager as well.
>>
>>963628
>OP your post, and all posts like them, stink of being Underage B&
I am 23.
>and a NEET.
I have a job.
>Try getting a job,
I have one.
>and a life,
I have one.
>and stop demonizing people and things you obviously can't afford.
I am not demonizing people and things that I cannot afford. I have a car. >>963611 is me (and yes, I am OP).
>including your bike?
I have four bikes, fucking kill yourself you fucking faggot, don't fucking say things that imply I only have one bike. I have four bikes and I love all four of them. FUCKING KILL YOURSELF!
>>963629
Motorcyclists are alright. I've never ridden a motorcycle but I kind of want one.
>>
>>963609

1- no
2- n/a
3- car, truck
4- amerifat cannot exist without car
5- wat
6- wat
7 -wat
8- wat

>>963632

If you're into bicycles, a motorcycle will basically feel like god mode for a month. Then it'll just feel pathetic because you aren't actually doing the moving. I'm actually going to sell my KLR soon.

On a side note- one of my uncles is super into motorcycles, and he used to say that drivers should all start off on motorcycles if they want to be decent drivers. I got him to attempt a century ride with me, and after about 10 minutes he switched motorcycle with bicycle in his shitty driver rants.
>>
>>963642
>If you're into bicycles, a motorcycle will basically feel like god mode for a month. Then it'll just feel pathetic because you aren't actually doing the moving. I'm actually going to sell my KLR soon.
The only reason I kind of want one is for when I want to travel a far distance and/or get somewhere in a short time so cycling isn't feasible. A motorcycle would be more efficient and enjoyable than a car.
>>
>>963647

>More efficient

Not really, a light manual 4banger can be comparable to some motorcycles. Hybrids too.

>more enjoyable

That really depends on where you're going.

I thought the same thing too, until I got a couple of different motorbikes. I sold my Honda cruiser, will probably sell my enduro because they're really not as great as you would think.
>>
>>963647

If you really want to go the utility/efficiency route, get a small 4wd truck and use your bicycle 90% of the time.
>>
Yes, if you don't then fuck off to >>>/o/
Yes
>Do you have a car?
No
Yes
>Do you drive?
Right now? No
>Have you ever driven?
Yes
Yes
see above
>>
Yes.
Yes. Their cages ruin the roads. They need to stop parking on the road, whether there is a bike lane or not. They are difficult to navigate around when I'm riding. They make too much noise, they kill people. They make people lazy. We must ban cages and turn all parking lots into gardens or something.
Cagers need to buy a bicycle for their health and the environment..
>Do you have a car?
Yes (Inb4 hypocrit)
>Do you drive?
When I need to go somewhere that I'm not sure will have a place for me to safely put my bike. I drive sporadically. Maybe one to three times a month.
>Have you ever driven?
Yes.
>>
No
N/a
No
Yes, kind of. I didn't own it but my uncle gave his old car for half a year
Yes

I'd like to have a motorcycle though. But I don't have license for that.
>>
no
>Do you have a car?
no
no
>Do you drive?
sometimes, only when I have to go somewhere far away or have to haul big shit

I can do all my commutes and shopping by bicycle so I have no need to own a car, I just borrow my parents' car when I need it, they live in the same town so thats nice.

I like cagers in general, they always give me room and act nice and understanding. They even give me right of way sometimes when I dont have it simply because they are being nice. The only thing that pisses me off is the people who drive their kids to school or drive their big ass car to the shops. Its a small town with tons of services in a compact area, and perfect cycling infrastructure. There is no need to use a car for that shit. I get especially triggered when I see fat people drive unnecessarily.
>>
>>963609

yes
Not all of them as a group, but I'd say at least a sizeable minority that try to fuck me up in traffic.
>Do you have a car?
no
Had an old banger in my early college years, honda civic 1990
>Do you drive?
I drive about once/2 weeks, usually my father's or gf's car for errands and shieet.
>Have you ever driven?
yes
yes, a real one, not an american one
yes
>>
I just think cager is a fun word word to use.

It originated in the motorcycle world anyway, so us using it is kind of a cultural appropriation.
>>
>>963609

>I don't shitpost.
>Not applicable.
>I have two cars.
>See above.
>Regularly.
>See above.
>Nope.
>Yes.

In all honestly, I prefer my motorcycle to all other forms of transportation, but it's impractical to use 100% of the time because of some of the same reasons bicycles are.
>>
No

Drive still do own 3 cars

I have bike racks for 2 of the cars I use to drive the bikes to places to ride.

I used to have a drag car. Little civic with nitrous then moved to forced induction with the advent of the 2.4l swaps....

So working on bikes is super easy to me since I come from such a technical background
>>
File: takethelane.gif (1 MB, 340x206) Image search: [Google]
takethelane.gif
1 MB, 340x206
Yes
I'm serious. I fucking hate cagers. They take more than their own stupid lives into their hands, and I deal with them on a daily basis.
>Do you have a car?
No.
No.
>Do you drive?
Yes; professionally, you could say. Deliver pizzas like a good goyium.
>Have you ever driven?
Yes
Since I was 17
Since I was 17

You can drive a car without being a cager. Cager is a life style and a set of attitudes and actions.

>>963642
I would almost agree, but everyone sort of 'starts out' on a bicycle, and all that's left in cagers' minds is the impression that anyone riding a bicycle is riding something for children, and they make a value judgement on you for contining to do so.
It's that way with mopeds now, though they're not real popular around here. If this were implemented, I could see motorcycle's being treated this way.
>>
>>963609
nah, maybe a little snark once in a while
they're jsut trapped in an unfortunate position
>>Do you have a car?
no
>>Have you ever had a car?
yes, but it's been about 15 years
>>Do you drive?
no
>>Have you ever driven?
yes
i let it expire
>>Have you ever had a driver's license?
ya
>>
Yes
A little from column a, a little from column b
No
Yes
When I'm forced to because my job requires me to occasionally rent one
Yes
Yes
>>
>>963856

I know an awful lot of adults who don't know how to ride a bicycle.
>>
>>963989
Doesn't change the fact that bicycles are thought of here as something mainly for children to ride, or that many kids ride a bicycle before they're old enough for a moped or car.
>>
File: lol.png (99 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
99 KB, 247x248
>>963710
>yes, a real one, not an american one
>>
sometimes
jokingly yes I post anti cager, 99.9% of all drivers I come across are cool. Its that 0.1% that act like fools... typically they are in a lifted truck and just drive like idiots everywhere

>Do you have a car?
2 of them
about 15 lifetime now
>Do you drive?
are you retarded?
>Have you ever driven?
no I just collect cars to fuck with the establishment
no but dont tell on me ok
right before my 5 duis and rampage where I ran over little old ladies in the park
>>
I pulled into a parking space in a massive parking lot today on my bicycle today to look at my smartphone

All of a sudden there's a honk behind me

I turn around and there's this Jewish looking cunt sitting in her car wanting the space

There was literally 50 empty spaces right near this one, but this jew cunt wanted the one I was in

I pulled out a bit making it look like I was leaving, she started pulling forward into the space then I cut her off and went right in the middle of the space

She had what appeared to be her husband in passenger seat but they didn't say or do anything.

Fuck that cunt
>>
>>964071
You're lucky they didn't just pull the fuck in without seeing you!
>>
>>964075
She was lucky I didn't throw her into an oven
>>
>>964082
Oy vey!
>>
File: 1445304401719.gif (902 KB, 400x328) Image search: [Google]
1445304401719.gif
902 KB, 400x328
>>964083
>>
File: lmaSSo.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
lmaSSo.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>964082
>>
Bump to hear my jew lady story

Half of u cucks would of moved for mrs. Bagelstein rofl
>>
>>963710
>yes, a real one, not an american one
What's the deal with american licenses?, serious question, I'm an eurofag.
>>
>>964210
You're given a manual when you're 15-17 years old. You do not need to read this.

If you're lucky, you might have a Drivers Ed class, where you will nap while watching educational films on driving like Rudy, Remember the Titans, and Castaway.

When you're 16-17, you will take your written test. You only need a small amount of answers correct, all multiple choice, and once you reach that number, you stop testing.

When it comes time to take your road test, you will go to an tiny airport for biplanes, with zero traffic, and do circles until they say you're done.
It was so simple, I literally have zero recollection of driving with the instructor.

My parents also forced me into driving practice with a private instructor who took me out on the high way first day, and told me that I should generally do 5mph over the speed limit in residential areas, and 10mph-15mph over the speed limit in business areas.
>>
>>963609
Rarely
A mix. It's not drivers I hate, it's shitty people. And sometimes shitty people are in cars. That said you get tired of "I PAY ROAD TAX"
>Do you have a car?
Nope
No
>Do you drive?
No
>Have you ever driven?
yes
Yes
Yes

I can't see myself getting a car. I live in the city so I can bike everywhere, and would only ever actually drive if for whatever reason I can't bike it. Car insurance is crazy expensive since i'm a 20-something male with no college or driving record. Not gonna pay that for something i'd rarely use
>>
File: chopchop.jpg (1 MB, 2236x1562) Image search: [Google]
chopchop.jpg
1 MB, 2236x1562
>>
I don't know if you've noticed, but american "cyclists" here have the same mentality that your "cagers" have, they've just replaced the car with a bicycle

see how they react to fixed gears, people who don't wear helmets or lycra, etc
>>
>>967570
Squabbling about our equipment does not result in the death, or the brushing off of deaths, of cyclists.
It's not one in the same.
>>
>>967578
>mentality
learn to read, friend
>>
>>967637
You too, friend.
It's not the same mentality.
>>
Burning oil funds the spread of fundamentalist islam. Deal with it.
>>
>>967578
>>967652
OK show us in what dictionary the word "mentality" is defined as the consequence of an event. Or is critical thought a tad too challenging?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.