[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know why, but I am obsessed with this EP. one of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
I don't know why, but I am obsessed with this EP. one of MM's best stuff. Came from a good transitional era.
What do you guys think? Got any other solid EPs that exemplify a band?
>>
>>64117402
Its a real solid ep. Night on the sun is up there as one of their greatest songs for me. However I still prefer Interstate 8 a bit more.
>>
>>64117484
All of their EPs are actually great. Edit The Sad Parts, Night on The Sun, Whale Song, King Rat. It helps that they're, for the most part, closer to mini-albums than EPs.

The Fruit that Ate Itself doesn't really have the execution, a lot of the songs feel unfinished, but it definitely has the ideas. It came out before LCW but I have a feeling the songs were written after, the songs really feel like the birthplace of the ideas that would make M&A.

No One's First and You're Next is sorta the opposite, it doesn't have any ideas of it's own as you can pretty clearly that it's a compilation of tracks from Good News and We Were Dead, but it has some of the absolute best songs from those sessions. Guilty Cocker Spaniels would be the best song on Good News and King Rat the best on We Were Dead.
>>
File: 1284873984482.jpg (61 KB, 610x587) Image search: [Google]
1284873984482.jpg
61 KB, 610x587
>>64117484
It sounds embarrassing, but I never gave that one a listen. Just never got around to it, but I imagine it sounds a lot like Long Drive in terms of production. I can get behind that.
>>
>>64117747
If you've listened to Building Nothing Out Of Something you only need to listen to Edit The Sad Parts off of Interstate 8, which is one of their best songs. If you haven't listened to Building Nothing Out of Something you should listen to Building Nothing Out of Something.
>>
>>64117813
BNOS is probably why I didn't listen to Interstate 80. But I have heard Edit the Sad Parts, and I have no idea why that's not on BNOS. Or why they even made BNOS; they could have pushed Interstate.
I'm a bit lit, or my thoughts are on a tangent
>>
>>64117731
I agree with you about the fruit that ate itself and in general. I really dug summer from that one though the rest wasnt as good as their other eps. I wish we would have gotten a studio version of beta carotene at some point
>>
>>64118043
are you the anon's whose favorite modest mouse song is beta carotene

i remember having it recommended by someone on here a couple years ago and i checked it out and ended up finding a lot of their great very old unused stuff like whites lies yellow teeth and you'll see
>>
>>64118138
It is indeed my favorite of their songs, im glad you looked into it. White lies yellow teeth is awesome as well. Also dead end job at the dead letter office is another one of my favorites of theirs that doesnt get much attention
>>
>>64118234
yeah that is a great one.

i would love a version of better recordings, not too cleaned up but just a consistent mastering across them with all those unreleased songs
>>
Transitional is right. I think it was their first coming off of signing to Sony's Epic Records. They were really able to use the cleaner sound of that label without compromising their weirdness, for a while at least...
>>
If you can get Uncle Bunny Faces, that has some cool stuff. Or Ugly Casanova (Not an EP, but another forgone era of MM genius)
>>
>>64122108
mhm
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.