[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some radio station in my country, that is supposed to be targeting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: pjharvey.jpg (566 KB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
pjharvey.jpg
566 KB, 3008x2000
Some radio station in my country, that is supposed to be targeting the music enthusiasts, seems to be in love with this woman.

I just heard Let England Shake and I don't really get it, like it's okay and all, but why would anyone adore her as a musician?

Post her best album.
>>
File: rid_of_me_1369142357.jpg (108 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
rid_of_me_1369142357.jpg
108 KB, 600x600
>>64050271
Rid of Me is really good
she's from that whole camp of rock musicians of the early-mid 90's like Jesus Lizard, Slint, Big Black, Bedhead, June of 44, Polvo.
interlacing weird guitar lines, intricate/thought out arrangement and composition, and Albini or Albini-esque production. it was a big deal for rock tbqh and she happened to also have a voice (both literal and in terms of songwriting) that led her to be more culturally infecitous.
she's super fucking good and always really has been.
listen to pic related and if you don't like it maybe check out some of her guest contributions to things whose sound she was pretty pivotal in and you might get it
if you don't, you don't
life goes on
>>
>>64050271
stories from the city, stories from the sea its her best

Anyone listened to her new album? The wheel was pretty good.
>>
Did her new album leak yet?
>>
>>64050504
Listening to it now, loving it, i am currently in the ministry of social affairs and this sax mid part is fucking great
>>
& you are complaining?

Here in America we get Future & Taylor Swift if we're lucky.
>>
to bring you my love is a great, great rock album but it might take some time to grow on you. try is this desire? along with the other recommendations also, it's got a great sound to it.
>>
>>64050534

is it 320kbps? do you have a link?
>>
>>64050557
>>64050528
http://newalbumreleases.net/85102/pj-harvey-the-hope-six-demolition-project-2016/#more-85102
yes
>>
PJ Harvey is in my top 5 artists

she's released 8 at least 7/10 albums over the last 20 years

She is a god, her songwriting is great, all her albums show development and evolution, her lyrics are ace, she's all about the music man

I love PJ Harvey
>>
>>64050597
thank you anon
>>
>>64050676
you're welcome
>>
>>64050271
To Bring You My Love is my favorite and pretty well agreed on as a great entry point
>>
>>64050792
>pretty well agreed on as a great entry point

What a bunch of fucking garbage considering how great her debut album is
>>
>>64050828
v true. her first few albums are so consistently good that you have a literal timeline of musical development w/ none of it being a waste of time
>>
>>64050538
I'm not complaining. It just wouldn't be surprise me if it wasn't as good as they preached.
>>
>>64050486
Agreed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVeP-AHFk-s is my favourite song of hers
>>
>>64050271
She looks incredible in this picture, I always enjoyed her music, White Chalk might be my fav
>>
>>64050828
it's more accessible than the previous two though (which isn't to detract from it, or them)

>>64050866
you're totally right, but it's been my experience that when trying to help someone get into an artist or a genre overwhelming them with multiple albums doesn't help
>>
>>64051866
yeh that makes sense. but i think maybe this poster was looking for an understanding of what led to PJH's cultural relevance. and i think listening as a direct timeline w/ the same album order in which she impressed the music listening public would give a better understanding
maybe that's way too analytical asshatery tho idk famalama
>>
try the new one desu, it's great.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.