[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Sonic Youth/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: sonicyouth.png (856 KB, 1280x856) Image search: [Google]
sonicyouth.png
856 KB, 1280x856
Let's discuss our favorite rock band.

Favorite album?
Favorite tracks?
Underrated album?
Overrated album? (Is there one?)
Got any SY stories you'd like to share?

Come over here, friends, and let us have a nice, comfy little SY thread. :)
>>
File: thuston enjoys warm katchup.jpg (192 KB, 1132x860) Image search: [Google]
thuston enjoys warm katchup.jpg
192 KB, 1132x860
>Favorite album?
Daydream Nation
>Favorite tracks?
Teen Age Riot, Expressway to Yr Skull, Schizophrenia, White Kross, Screaming Skull, Antenna.
>Underrated album?
The Eternal or NYC Ghosts & Flowers
>Overrated album? (Is there one?)
Daydream Nation is their most overrated but its still their best
>Got any SY stories you'd like to share?
i once fucked a girl because i said to her that SY was my favorite band and they was one of hers too. i'm pretty sure about that because i'm ugly as fuck
>>
>>63698680
>they were

sorry guys i'm kinda drunk
>>
>Favorite album?
Used to be DDN for a long time but Sister is my favorite now.
>Favorite tracks?
Tuff Gnarl, White Cross, Pipeline/Kill TimeThe Sprawl, Rain King, Starpower, Expressway to Yr Skull, The Wonder, Titanium Expose
>Underrated album?
1000 leaves
Dirty desu, Goo is dissapointing but I like it more than Dirty
>>
>>63698571
>Favorite album?
other than the holy EVOL-Sister-DN trinity? Dirty
>Favorite tracks?
just a few: Death Valley '69, The Sprawl, 'Cross the Brezze, In the Kingdom, Kotton Krown, 100%, Becuz, Saucer-like, Free City Rhymes, Kim Gordon and the Arthur Conan Doyle Hand Cream, Incinerate, Jams Run Free
>Underrated album?
Washing Machine, Sonic Nurse, Rather Ripped
Goo, probably, though I'd rate "Tunic (Song For Karen)" as one of their best songs. Also, I don't like Sister as much as most do.
Saw them play "Shaking Hell" and "Expressway to Yr Skull" with Stephen Malkmus and Mark Ibold of Pavement at Bonnaroo in 2006 (fuck, I'm old)
>>
>Favorite album?
EVOL
>Favorite tracks?
Wish Fulfillment, Teen Age Riot, Diamond Sea, Expressway to Yr Skull, Starpower, Tunic, Becuz
>Underrated album?
Experimental Jet Set, Trash & No Star
Murray Street
>>
>Favorite album?
Rather Ripped
>Favorite tracks?
Turquoise Boy, Sympathy For The Strawberry, Little Trouble Girl. Malibu Gas Station, Dude Ranch Nurse, (the final minute of) Renegade Princess, their version of Dylan's "I'm Not There"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8aRRQi8boE [Embed]
>Underrated album?
On /mu/? Their final 5 lp's are oftened ignored in favor of their earlier, edgier output.
The most popular one probably, Daydream Nation
Back in '99 my favorite band used to be Blink-182. Then they broke up. My new favorite band became Sleater-Kinney in 2005, 'The Woods' era. Then they broke up. I went back to my old standby, SY, figuring that they were a safe bet since they'd never break up. Rather Ripped dropped in '06, they recorded 1 more album, broke up and I just decided to just stop having "a favorite band."
>Come over here, friends, and let us have a nice, comfy little SY thread. :)
I have work tomorrow.
>>
Murray Street is my favorite album

all the Lee tracks + Rain on Tin are my favorite songs

The Eternal is underrated af
>>
>Favorite Album?
Bad Moon Rising
> Favorite Tracks?
Any songs referencing Karen Capterner, Eric's Trip, Ghost Bitch, Society is a Hole, Schizophrenia, The Diamond Sea, Total Trash, Theresa's Sound World, Hoarforst, She's in a bad Mood, Tom Violence, Star Power, 100%, Death Valley.
>Underrated album?
Last five albums
>Overatted
Probably Goo.
> Got any Sonic Youth Stories?
I met Kim Gordon last year at a book signing. Asked her about the Ciccone Youth Album, and she told me about the time she and the band made their first music video (madonna cover) in a JC's penny video booth.
>>
>Favorite Album
Bad Moon Rising

>Favorite Tracks
Brother James, Intro/Brave Men Run, Shadow of a Doubt, Catholic Block, Cross The Breeze

>Underrated Album
Confusion is Sex

>Overrated
Goo
>>
>Favorite album?
Daydream
>Favorite tracks?
Pretty much the whole of DDN, Teresa's Sound World, Schizophrenia, Expressway to Yr Skull, Stones, Dude Ranch Nurse, Flower, In the Kingdom #19
>Underrated album?
Sonic Nurse
I read a lot about people who enjoy their self-titled. It sounds absolute garbage to me, so probably that, as well as Goo and Dirty
Got any SY stories you'd like to share?
Richard Edson was their first drummer and he's in a lot of cool films
>>
>Favorite album?
EVOL
>Favorite tracks?
Teen Age Riot, Expressway to Yr Skull, Intro/Brave Men Run, Tunic, Tom Violence.
>Underrated album?
Sonic Nurse
Dirty
I have a signed copy of rather ripped on vinyl that i am very fond of
>>
>Favorite album?
Bad Moon Rising or Sister, I can't choose
>Favorite tracks?
Tom Violence, Halloween, Schizophrenia, their cover of Nic Fit, Flower, and my favorite is definitely 'Cross the Breeze
>Underrated album?
I don't hear enough people talk about EVOL or Confusion is Next so
I guess DDN, I love it but people focus on it too much.
I went to their last show in San Diego, saw Thurston at a bookstore near by we just stopped in our tracks and I looked up to him (I'm short as fuck he's super tall) and I didn't wanna bother him cause he was carrying a ton of books and magazines so he just went on his way, but outside of the show he said "Hey wassup I saw you at the bookstore!" and shaked my hand, nice guy.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.