[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Axl Rose Joining AC/DC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: axl-rose-ac-dc-gi.jpg (116 KB, 769x432) Image search: [Google]
axl-rose-ac-dc-gi.jpg
116 KB, 769x432
http://zap2it.com/2016/03/axl-rose-replace-acdc-frontman-brian-johnson/
MAR 23, 2016

Axl Rose joining AC/DC, metal heads everywhere lose theirminds

It wasn’t quite The Day the Music Died, but when word leaked earlier this month that AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson had been ordered to “stop touring immediately” because of severe hearing loss, metal heads everywhere began mourning the imminent death of one of rock’s greatest bands.

Now, those same metal heads can lift their heads back up — and then lower them, and raise them, and keep repeating in a head-banging motion — because according to Ultimate Guitar, the band will continue touring with a new lead singer. Oh yeah, that singer just happens to be the frontman for another great rock band of metal’s late-’80s/early-’90s heyday … W. Axl Rose.

“This is what I’m being told,” Atlanta DJ Jason Bailey revealed on his radio show after Rose was spotted in the city. “Axl was meeting with the AC/DC group, because it’s all but a done deal that Axl will front AC/DC for the 10 remaining shows. All 10, including Atlanta.”

With Johnson permanently sidelined, it sounds like 10 lucky cities may soon see AC/DC on tour with Axl Rose belting out such classics as “Thunderstruck” and “Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.” Sure enough, the AC/DC website would seem to back it up, with a statement that says “AC/DC are forced to reschedule the 10 upcoming dates on the U.S. leg of their ‘Rock or Bust’ World Tour,” and that shows in such cities as Cleveland, New York and Philadelphia “will be made up later in the year, likely with a guest vocalist.”

cont.
>>
>>63565162

According to Bailey, founding member and schoolboy-suit enthusiast Angus Young is in a business-first mindset that contrasts with the anything-goes rock aesthetic. “From what I was told, this was all kind of new inside information to me, Angus is a very black-and-white guy,” the DJ says. “He’s like, Brian, for health reasons, can’t continue fronting the band.”

There are no details about who else could possibly be auditioning but it seems like if Axl Rose wants the gig, he’s likely to get it — even if this further complicates the Guns N’ Roses reunion that Rose has reportedly been planning.

“They wanted to continue going out on the road and continue making music, so if you can’t do it, we appreciate your services, but the show must go on,” Bailey says of AC/DC’s resolute determination to finish their tour without Johnson. “They’re in town, they were auditioning people for the job, and then they flew Axl in.”

The team-up wouldn’t be completely out of left field, as Rose is a longtime AC/DC fan who has been known to cover such classics as “Whole Lotta Rosie” in the past.

FIN
>>
This is a great business move even if you don't like or hate these guys
>>
>bland white people music
>>
File: 4705_ac_dc.jpg (287 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4705_ac_dc.jpg
287 KB, 1920x1080
>>63565326

I don't know of anyone who won't listen to an AC/DC tune when it comes on the radio.
>>
>Axl Rose
>AC/DC
>metal
>>
>>63565686
Hi, I'm anon. Now you know of me.
>>
AC/DC is a guilty pleasure/heavy nostalgia for me

this is repulsive
>>
Guns 'N Roses and AC/DC are both shit, who cares

>>63565331
ayo young thug great ay future single just hit up on spotify and soundcloud we in the bitch ahhahahahah damn dude this some tight as shit wow what a fucking banger, might have to download the songs i like from this mixtape dude damn
>>
>>63565686
I don't like AC/DC. My young cousin thinks they're the greatest rock band though.
>>
>dummer in jail for child abuse
>rhythm guitar player out of the band for dementia
>singer is now out too
why don't they just quit?
jesus christ
>>
>>63565796
lol upset buttrocker
>>
>>63565918
Drummer is in jail for hiring a hit man.
>>
This is literally /r/music: the post

>>63565918
They're in it for the money
>>
>>63565922
ACDC is bad but generalising something is really retarded and even more accusing white people of doing bland music when niggers make the worst kind of music T B H.
>>
>>63565998
Lol white people make the worst music
>>
>>63565753
Implying AC/DC is metal
>>
>>63565686
i go to a five guys a few blocks away and they have classic rock shit playing all the time but every so often let there be rock plays and i have to wait for the song to be over before i leave cos its super good
>>
ac/dc's music is almost offensive with how terrible it is
>>
First AC/DC prices their shows at $90.00+ (U.S.) and now THIS?

Fuck you, AC/DC! You used to be one of my favorite bands! Now you've let me down! I don't believe in nuthin' no more!
>>
File: summer_of_love.gif (3 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
summer_of_love.gif
3 MB, 240x180
>>63566399
I disagree. What are you gonna do about it?
>>
Has buttrock finally gone too far?
>>
>>63566585
That's called supply and demand
>>
>>63565686
I listen to classic rock stations primarily, so I get fucking tired of AC/DC. I'll usually switch it unless it's an underplayed song from the Bon Scott era like Squealer or something.
>>
>>63565753
Guns n Roses were hair metal, a subgenre of metal, AC/DC has always just been hard rock though.
Although you got what the OP fucking meant, there is alot of overlap between the fanbases.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.