[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I have incredibly high standards or does /mu/ just listen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1442101026181.jpg (107 KB, 572x960) Image search: [Google]
1442101026181.jpg
107 KB, 572x960
About a year ago I used to listen to Monstercat and other mixed bag channels like that, /mu/ told me that was crap and that I should refine my music taste so I did and for about the past year I've been looking into /mu/core and things like Pitchfork best of lists.

A year later and there's been about 3 albums I actually enjoyed and the rest of is barely worth having an opinion about. It isn't specific to one genre or musical taste, it's ubiquitously just not very good. It sounds like they had a case of writer's block and they just went with it anyway.

I keep waiting for some kind of justification for why this is supposed to be better than the normie music that you guys make sarcastic quips about and I've never gotten any further than nebulous sarcasm. "It appeals to me" would be an answer if you people admitted that it's just a personal thing and that doesn't make it better or worse than mainstream normie music.

So yeah I'm not really interested in this community but I ask out of fascination what I'm supposed to be missing.

There's been so many people that have told me I have "shit taste" you'd think one of them would have some kind of argument
>>
listen to whatever you want, I don't give a shit about most of the /mu/core myself
>>
post your rym
>>
what 3 albums?

anyway, it sounds like you're spending way too much time here. dial it down and stop letting strangers groom your subjective opinions on the internet, and try an instrument so you can appreciate stuff more
>>
music is obviously all subjective. if you can't figure it out on your own then you should probably try to get into something else. also, there is way more music out there than just /mu/core and p4k stuff.
>>
>>66507600
This
>>
>>66507715
I dunno like The Money Store, MHTRTC and Public Strain

Even then it's kinda eh. MHTRTC has some of the greatest sound I think has ever been created but it's also kinda tacky and stupid
>>
>>66508741
Sounds like you just don't enjoy rock music.
>>
>>66508759
When did I bring up rock music?

I do though, most of it just sucks
>>
>>66508741
Public Strain is dope. /mu/core and popular indie are like 99% terrible or just really uninteresting. Start lookin through blogspots and other sources outside of /mu/. Hell ive had better luck with new music on tumblr than here. /mu/core never really changes so if yr not into it yr outta luck... you can stick around and shitpost wit me tho
>>
>>66508918
Alright thanks man

Yeah I'm just not impressed by or interested in most of this stuff. People keep telling me I'm supposed to be but I'm not taking anything away from most of it.

Like le screaming black man says "you do what you feel"
>>
File: download.jpg (3 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3 KB, 259x194
Excuse me sir, is that hat yours?
>>
>>66509241
Doesn't even make sense

I'm the one saying that contemporary underground music is overrated
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.