[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
F#A# Infinity is the objectively superior album.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 973x490) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 973x490
Prove me wrong.
>>
i can't, although Sleep almost does
>>
>>66502618
it might be equal but it isn't better.
>>
Dead Flag Blues is the greatest achievement of post-rock
>>
honestly agree. although I like the individual songs on lysf more though
>>
>>66502618
>>66502734
Deag flag blues is the best post-rock opening of all time, but LYSF is a HALF HOUR longer of great music, plus I like the variety of melodies and sounds more. In F#A#, the whole thing lacks melodic diversity, except for that one REALLY out of place part with the happy glockenspiel and guitars.
>>
>>66502805
this is mostly true, also the final track feels like it could end several times but doesn't, still love it tho
>>
To me, F# A# is The Dead Flag Blues. The following two pieces just don't quite have the same effect, especially Providence, which just doesn't quite suck me in at all. Godspeed hadn't quite learned how to write half hour songs that were genuinely engrossing the whole way through at that point. Much of A# F# feels like lots of good ideas, arranged clunkily.

On the other hand, Lift Yr Skinny Fists is pretty much flawless start to finish. Everything about it works beautifully. Also the beginning of Storm is 1) the greatest opening to an album of all time, even topping the intro monologue to TDFB and b) objectively the best six minutes of recorded music of all time.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>66503053
Fucking this
>>
>>66502618
You are correct.
>>
>>66503053
Poor taste senpai
>>
>>66502618
Between those two yes. Still Yanqui is my favorite Godspeed album(although i think it's because it was the 1st album i listened from them)
>>
>>66502618
I agree
>>
>>66502618
it's not but i like it more
>>
>>66502805
as a piece of art, F#A# is probably a little bit better

but for fuck's sake, i have never felt the emotions in a piece of music like LYSF since the first time i listened
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.