[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do white guys on this board really listen to rap music or is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6
do white guys on this board really listen to rap music or is it just a meme? just finished listening to pic related, fucking cringed all the way through
>>
>>66500397

Koondrick is a joke, white college freshman love him though.
>>
I hate to tell you this, but you are a huge pleb.
>>
>>66500397
Theres only about 8 black people on this board, so obviously yeah
>>
>>66500397
Jesus Christ, why is /mu/ so contrarian? This was a good album.

And yet, you niggas are on here unironically shilling Death Grips.
>>
>>66500397
>do white guys on this board really listen to rap music
yes

>just finished listening to pic related, fucking cringed all the way through
well no shit, waht do you expect when you pick the album with most hamfisted message in years, only Fantano's cucked fanboys will praise this garbage
>>
>>66500397

I listened to rap when I was an edgy teenager. But not anymore, because I'm a 25 year old adult.

>>66500438
>>66500461
>unironically listening to angry black gentlemen

Your fathers need to give you a good slapping.
>>
>>66500461
i'm not saying it wasn't good but I just couldn't help myself not cringing everytime Kendrick opened his mouth
>>
File: 1455418656720.jpg (76 KB, 640x907) Image search: [Google]
1455418656720.jpg
76 KB, 640x907
>>66500511
>I can't separate my politics from music
>>
>>66500545
how's the wife's son doing?
>>
>>66500571
>I regurgitate stale memes from /pol/ despite supposedly being a 25 year old adult
>>
>>66500511
>But not anymore, because I'm a 25 year old adult.
fucking lol
>>
>ITT: burtthurt white people cuz they can't handle King Kendrick continually making them more and more irrelevant
Now THAT is the true power of not only Album Of The Decade, but among the greatest pieces of music ever made. White people got BTFOd that hard.
>>
>>66500707
>that guy who still listens to sum41 in his 30's
>>
>>66500545
Who's your top five favorite conservative musicians?
>>
>>66500775
Ted Nugent
George Strait
Jason Aldean
Blake Shelton
Miranda Lambert
>>
>>66500676
That wasn't me but he's right, you're a faggot

>>66500707
You're also a faggot

>>66500545
And you
>>
>>66500397
CRINGIEST RAP ALBUM ON THE INTERNET???
>>
>>66500397
Any genre of music is going to be oversaturated with shit artists and half-assed rip-offs, but TPAB is by-and-large a solid album.
>>
>>66500397
Kendricks alright. The problem is when people judge rap albums by the same standards they would judge post-rock albums. The meaningful, innovative songs tend to be awful while some basic "hustle and shoot niggas" tracks are enjoyable and timeless.

All rap is shit, but a lot of it is good shit.
>>
>>66500837
kek
>>
File: 756869.jpg (17 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
756869.jpg
17 KB, 300x200
>>66500775
>>
>WE
>>
>>66500885
>post-rock

kek
fuck off, kanye's shit is on another level
>>
>>66500968
on another level of shitness maybe
>>
>>66500885
>post-rock
This is unironically the most pleb genre out there. You obviously don't appreciate music for it's creativity and artistic merit if you like it. You might as well listen to Top 40 trash. It wouldn't surprise me if you do.
>>
File: Pitchfork 2009 to 2015.png (1 MB, 1011x1976) Image search: [Google]
Pitchfork 2009 to 2015.png
1 MB, 1011x1976
It's almost as if they're easily manipulated 14-26 year olds who now think rap is an "essential" genre
>>
File: 789890.png (157 KB, 1001x647) Image search: [Google]
789890.png
157 KB, 1001x647
>>66501298
>pitchfork
>>
>>66501298
Considering whites only make up something like 16% of the world population, I fail to see how 53% of the best songs in a year coming from POC is biased in anyway. If anything whites still have a bias, having a fairly big over representation in the top 100.
>>
>>66500833
>not "and (You)"
you blew it
>>
>>66500543
THIS DICK AINT FREE
I genuinely love this song and album, but I can definitely see why most people on this board would hate it.

I just dislike when people do the "WE WUZ KANGS" when the album is very empathetic and positive. There's never a point where Kendrick Lamar is saying black people should commit crimes or feel superior, which is more than you can say for most rap.
>>
>>66501401
I'm assuming 90% plus in that list comes from America, last I checked whites were still a majority
>>
>>66501493
>I want you to recognize that I'm a proud monkey
>my nose is wide, my dick is big

If this doesn't make you cringe, congratulations
>>
>>66501501
That's ridiculous. Why would anyone take an amerientric music publication seriously? They're missing out on so much music. Even so, whites are only 60% in USA. Yes, it's not an extremely fair representation, but a far better one than in 2009.
>>
>>66501605
>That's ridiculous. Why would anyone take an amerientric music publication seriously

I'm 100% with you but that's just how things work or at least anglocentric
>>
>>66501537
Hear the song again m8. The whole song is about all the black pride being extremely hypocritical.
>>
>>66500823
shit taste senpai
>>
>>66501451
>not "(You) blew it"
(You)r an idioit
>>
>>66501605
>why would americans lusten to american music
>>
>>66500735

>among the greatest pieces of music ever made
>THIS DICK AIN'T FREE
>Tupac hologram: the sequel

lol
>>
>>66500397
what does it feel like to have shit taste op?
>>
>>66501797

>You hate my people, your plan is to terminate my culture
>You're fuckin' evil

even with the backpedal in the third verse, how is this not anti-white?
>>
I'm Lebanese and love rap. All Middle Eastern people generally do, it's weird. But, listen to Good Kid M.A.A.D. City if you want to hear some of Kendricks best works. You might just have to find your favorite sound in rap, because just like all genres, there are sub-genres!
>>
>>66500397
>fucking cringed all the way through
let me guess: edgy alt-right teen who doesnt believe in racism?
>>
I feel like it's time to reveal my secret. I'm actually a Japanese youth.
>>
>>66504041
Ohio gozaimasu
>>
>>66503952
The whole point of the third verse is showing how hypocritical those lines are, if you are so retarded you can't understand that then please kys.
>>
>not bumping mgk 24/7
>>
I'm white and i listen to rap.
Good Kid M.a.a.d City was honestly so much better. My take on it is if I like it who cares? There's people on here who unironically like In The Aeroplane Over The Sea and I couldn't care less.
>>
>i don't listen to rap "music"
>tips fedora

anyway, that new danny brown song is pretty great
>>
>>66500397
>fucking cringed all the way through
Must fucking suck to be unable to enjoy objectively good music. Can you literally not comprehend the plight of others?
>>
>>66504578
No

Op is autistic
>>
>>66503534
>i only listen to american music
>i only watch american movie
>i only read american literature
This is embarrasing. What are you doing here? Get off /mu/, you philistine.
>>
>>66501537
The entire song is about BLM being hypocrites but whatever.
>it makes me cringeeeee !!!!
>>
>>66501938
>not (You)'re an idiot
(You)'re an idiot
>>
>>66504672
idk if it's explicitly black lives matter, but it's definitely about how much of a facade black "pride" is
>you're not a true black man, you have white friends
>you're not a true black man, you don't support your fellow nigga
>you're not a true black man, you're light-skinned
>you're not a true black man, you don't suffer like we do
>you're not a true black man, you don't kill black men for street cred
>>
>>66500397
you got one post to save yourself OP, why the hell do you think Kenny doesn't have the best shit out here.
>>
where are all of nyou getting that this is an anti black pride song? im not seeing that at all in the lyrics
>>
>>66505079
Blacker the Berry? Are you serious? Listen (don't just read) to the last verse.
>>
>>66505177
it's not anti black pride, it's the realization that he could be a hypocrite. kendrick is most definitely a supporter of BLM protesters
>>
>>66505233
.....wow
>>
>>66505233
>listen to the last verse
>reads the last word
>"just says hypocrite, guys"
You're beyond saving
>>
>>66505177
k i did, still not seeing it, can you explain?
>>
I give this album a 7 probs. Whereas good kid maad city was fucking incredible 9
>>
>>66505323
First: Kendrick was never in a gang. This is a concept album, not necessarily depicting his life or actions; he never killed anyone. Make sure you know this because you need to be able to distance yourself from the idea that the real Kendrick does support black rights, etc. without going and saying, "Well Kendrick did X, so this can't be true." It's a point he's trying to get across, moreso than how he actually operates; obviously he, as a black man, supports the end of Black America's plights.

Second: If you're unaware of the "No true Scotsman" argument, it's simply a shit-tier argument that says, "You're not X because you don't do Y, which X is known to do." For instance, "You don't go on /mu/ because you don't like Neutral Milk Hotel, and everyone on /mu/ likes Neutral Milk Hotel." Hopefully you can see where this argument is horrible.

Now, to the actual song: Starting off, this song sounds like he's an angry as fuck nigger and he's blaming the whites for everything. "The man" has kept him down, sorry he was born black, but you don't have to treat him like he's subhuman, etc. I'm sure you've gathered this interpretation. So the song goes on for a bit, and then he starts talking about how "Woe is me, the black man. I didn't do nothin' wrong, but here I am, poor as fuck. All because I'm black." This is him directly talking to people who can't see past their own race to get to real answers and would rather throw a pity party than start acting in line to get ahead in life.

Now, here's where it comes together. Kendrick has been criticized for selling out his race, and being a white man's rapper. Notably because maad city did so well. In the last verse he's talking about how people call him a race traitor, he's not a real black, etc. because he doesn't "act black" enough. But in reality, these same people that preach this shit are the one's killing blacks and keeping themselves down. Bunch of hypocrites.
>>
>>66504801
Got no problem with this one. Fuckin' spot on.
>>
>>66505323
>>66505621
Hopefully this helps, I ran out of space near the end. But essentially, it thematically ties the whole album together pretty well. This dude writes an album about literally just being a black guy; I don't know how you could more aptly showcase black life in 2015. In that way, it's very similar to Illmatic, "this is what it is, plain and simple." So, with the backlash from the black community his first time around (GKMC doing extremely well with white hipsters) he wrote a response to them that essentially says, "What the fuck are you doing to help us? Killing each other?"
>>
>>66505621
>But in reality, these same people that preach this shit are the one's killing blacks and keeping themselves down. Bunch of hypocrites.
i dunno... it really just seems like an anti these people song and not an anti black pride song... plus i kind of question your whole interpretation of the "blaming whites for everything" part. it kind of just sounds more like venting to me than as some sort of parody of black people thinking white people did something to them
>>
>>66500511
>he thinks that being of a certain age automatically makes him more mature
oh i am
LAFFIN
A
F
F
I
N
>>
>>66504250

If that's the case then why is the album cover a bunch of black people stomping on a white dudes head and Tupac conversation about blood in the streets?

To me it sounds like the intellectual equivalent of the white guy who says something racist only to backpedal by saying "it's just a joke bro!"
>>
>>66505896
Take it as what you will, anon. Most of what the album preaches falls in the same line of "it's not anti-white, it's not pro-black, it's anti-hate" so I'm surprised you still find those messages after listening to the entire album, but to each their own
>>
>>66505827

Nas is a poet and a genius. When I listen to "The World is Yours" or "I Gave You The Power", I hear a man struggling against his station in life and apocalyptic situation he finds himself in. Nas, even when talking about gangbanging in a seemingly positive light, always manages to make himself seem sympathetic, perhaps due to his effortless wordplay makes him seem so human.

Kendrick is not as clever as Nas. He beats you over the head with stupid "messages". Any time I listen to him I feel like I'm being preached at and talked down to. Nas manages to make the black struggle infinitely more relatable because he's intellectual without being patronizing, condescending, didactic. He is a great artist who happens to be black, while Kendrick is preachy hack that only has his blackness to sermonize on
>>
>>66506400
>nas
>one good album
>kendrick
>two good albums
>"nas > kendrick"
must be a weird glitch
>>
>>66506400
Stfu, fuckin backpacker

Go listen to I Am and tell me Nas is a genius.
>>
>>66506444
It Was Written... is a good album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pPZ6ZK_TAM

>>66506637
>implying geniuses don't have missteps
>fucking einstein fudged his own equations to make the universe not expand
>orson welles made that peas commerical
>kanye released life of pablo out of order on tidal

etc.
>>
>>66500478
What if u hate Fantano but love TPAB?
>>
>It's another Kendrick race bait thread
K E K
>>
>>66500511
you're probably an overweight fedora tipping neckbeard who sits alone at restaurants and thinks bars are for the drunkards and the plebeians and that music shows are too loud and damaging to your precious earholes and thus refuse to attend any

so you shitpost on 4chan eating that gov'ment cheese and hating black people for actually doing something about their situation
>>
>>66503952
He's not talking about all white people here, obviously. And a lot of white people actually do want to terminate black people.
>>
>you can only listen to music corresponding to your race
Why do people care about this? Just listen to sounds you like fag
>>
>>66508291
Pretty much this
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.