[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are the members of the Residents? It's actually pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 25916.jpg (743 KB, 3000x2400) Image search: [Google]
25916.jpg
743 KB, 3000x2400
Who are the members of the Residents? It's actually pretty impressive they've managed to keep their identities hidden for so long
>>
http://residentsmovie.com/

I haven't seen this movie yet and I don't know the content of it, but I'd imagine it would give you some clues.

Personally I hope they never reveal their identities and the band just exists forever as some secret society.
>>
Homer Flynn.

This thread is insipid.
>>
Tim Smith of Cardiacs is a member which is why they haven't released anything new since the stroke
>>
That guy from YouTube who makes those songs if you message him a couple of phrases is rumored to be a member. He made that /v/ song that was stickied on /v/ for a day a few years ago.
>>
>>66486931
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSyIzGfTEBA

This guy.
>>
>>66486965

I wouldn't expect people from their generation would know about places like /v/ at all
>>
>>66486965
lol I remember that. No way he's a member though.
>>
>>66487052
They don't. If you send him a message with a few words or sentences in it he works them into a song. That's what someone did.
>>
>>66487085

So what's the purpose of it? and what makes you think it is one of the residents?
>>
>>66486815
Homer Flynn and Don Hardy are most likely the current members. Homer has been a member since the 70s, but I'm not sure about the other 2. My guess is that the oldest people in this documentary are or have been the members in some point in time.
https://youtu.be/Ov5EqmOeuPY
>>
There are pictures of them hanging out in San Francisco in the late 70s early 80s. None of them are members of other famous bands. They're just some guys with hair, glasses, and moustaches.
>>
>>66487716
I like to think they weren't just some random nobodies who weren't either already established musicians at the time the band formed or guys who went on to have prolific solo careers
>>
https://66.media.tumblr.com/78a079cc90fe1a9976b13f231edd79fc/tumblr_myqmx8EvpJ1spn6xyo1_500.jpg

ur welcome
>>
>>66487853
Exactly the picture I was looking for.
>>
>>66487853
Doubt
>>
isnt there videos of them doing a show before they were the residents?
>>
>>66487930
na
>>
>>66487912
If they were in their 20s in the 70s, they should be in their mid sixties now. At least the age fits.
>>
>>66486815
Scaruffi is one of them
>>
>>66488101
I actually agree with this. He looks like one of them in the blurred out photo. Both are based in the same neighborhood in San Francisco. Scaruffi gave Not Available a 9 - NA is a running gag within the residents themselves. Plus, to be in the residents you need a healthy knowledge of not only music, but art and culture. If he wasn't a member at one time he at least knows them.

By the way, Snakefinger was in the Residents for awhile.

Snakefinger = Blue Eyes
Homer = Red Eyes / Mr. Skull / The Clown
>>
>>66488164
scaruffi wasn't in san fran in the 70's, m8
>>
>>66486815

>Who are the members of the Residents?

At this point it doesn't really matter. Last time I saw them live they joked that none of them actually play in the band and that they're just cousins of various band members.

>It's actually pretty impressive they've managed to keep their identities hidden for so long

My guess is that they rotate band members all the time. The band can go on forever like this and that's why it's great that we don't know who the band actually is.
>>
>>66487197
holy shit nigger were you born without the ability to understand humor?
>>
>>66488194
Yes, he was. He came in '76. I'm not saying he was one of the original residents, anyway. I'm just saying he has a connection, somehow.
>>
>>66488076
>>66487853
can you explain where these came from and why they might be the members
>>
>>66488307
I am sure that Homer is a member. I don't think anyone can be sure about the other members though. Take a look at this interview:
https://youtu.be/dU8L27KsU7I
>>
>>66486965
there is no fucking way raysipes is a member lmoa, he's like the biggest lady gaga fan
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.